YouTube Links open in Safari, when I want them in the app. Any ideas?

I

iMore Question

YouTube Links open in Safari, when I want them in the app.

I recently updated to iOS 10.0.0 to beta test, and before when I clicked a YouTube link in my email the app opened up, now Safari opens, and I have to press open in YouTube. How do I change this so it automatically opens YouTube? Any ideas? Please help!

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
Re: YouTube Links open in Safari, when I want them in the app.

I wouldn't worry too much about minor behavioral changes in the beta. That kind of thing is almost impossible to diagnose this early in a beta. I find that many beta issues can be somewhat resolved by zapping you settings. There are almost always settings conflicts and collisions.

If things work after resetting settings, restore your settings one at a time until things no longer work. That way you will at least know which setting to avoid. With something that specific, you may also want to delete and reinstall the YouTube app.

Sherry_B

Jan 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: YouTube Links open in Safari, when I want them in the app.

I recently updated to iOS 10.0.0 to beta test, and before when I clicked a YouTube link in my email the app opened up, now Safari opens, and I have to press open in YouTube. How do I change this so it automatically opens YouTube? Any ideas? Please help!

Same behavior here, too. I'm not sure which end responds to the link (YouTube, or the email client), so you can try reporting it as a bug to both Apple and YouTube.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2