Responding to an iMessage...

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
from the lockscreen / notification page does not seem to work. If my screen is locked and I get a message, I can't respond to the message from the notification screen.. I have to actually open the message app in order to respond..
The only thing I can do with a message on the notification screen is clear it.

MrMars

Jun 2, 2012
Visit site
from the lockscreen / notification page does not seem to work. If my screen is locked and I get a message, I can't respond to the message from the notification screen.. I have to actually open the message app in order to respond..
The only thing I can do with a message on the notification screen is clear it.

Do you have a device with "force touch"? If so just touch and hold on the alert to open the reply screen.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
If I pull down notifications and there is an iMessage I get the Clear and View options. If I choose View, iMessage screen drops down till half of the screen on my 5s with a text input field on the bottom where I can keep reading and replying till I close the pop-down screen.

BreakingKayfabe

Sep 12, 2008
Visit site
One thing I like is that since I have message previews turned off for the lock screen, I can still reply to a message by using 3D touch on the message to view it but only if I enter my fingerprint. I have wanted this for a really long time.

PlainEnvelopes

Feb 6, 2011
Visit site
Are you able to remove predictive function on iMessage. On io9 it was quick and easy to hide

Jk figured it out. You hold down the emoji button on the keyboard. (incase anyone else wants to hide the predictive function also)

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73