Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 11 of 11
Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Tartarus
  • 1 Post By Ledsteplin
  • 1 Post By phreddyl
  • 1 Post By Jdesutter
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

    Default Siri using excess battery in iOS 10.

    I don't know if this was like this before but I looked at my battery usage and I
    Noticed Siri is a 10%- I don't use Siri unless I'm in the car sending a text which I haven't done in the last 24 hours. Any have this?
  2. #2  

    Default Siri

    I don't check my battery stats because I have always an external battery with me to charge my iPhone when it runs low on juice.

    Try disabling 'Hey Siri' and see if there is improvement in your battery life
    As with all betas and even with GM too actually, software is never 100% bug free.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

    Default Re: Siri

    I know the bug part. Just weird that I don't use it much and it's up at the top. I disabled hey Siri this morning since I never use that.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Siri

    Quote Originally Posted by phreddyl View Post
    I know the bug part. Just weird that I don't use it much and it's up at the top. I disabled hey Siri this morning since I never use that.
    Could be related to Siri Suggestions in Spotlight Search.
    phreddyl likes this.
  5. Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

    Default Re: Siri

    Thanks Led- just turned that off too
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Siri

    Also check if Siri & Dictation is using location services.
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

    Default Re: Siri

    Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    Also check if Siri & Dictation is using location services.
    It was only using it while I was using. Turned it off. What would that effect? If I asked Siri to find coffee shops near me? I don't btw...
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Siri

    As far as I understand, you are not a big Siri user. By disabling as much as possible you will be able to troubleshoot any Siri related battery drains.

    If you notice any improvement in battery life, start enabling them again and see what that does for you and enable more till you filter the one setting causing the drain.
  9. Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

    Default Re: Siri

    Quote Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post
    As far as I understand, you are not a big Siri user. By disabling as much as possible you will be able to troubleshoot any Siri related battery drains.

    If you notice any improvement in battery life, start enabling them again and see what that does for you and enable more till you filter the one setting causing the drain.
    That's what I'll try- I really only use it in the car through siri eyes to send text messages. Love that feature.
    Tartarus likes this.
  10. #10  
    Jdesutter's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: Siri using excess battery in iOS 10.

    Thank you so much the suggestion to turn off "Hey Siri". My battery was crap and I could tell something was running in the background but couldn't figure it out. I finally noticed that Siri was 15% of my battery usage and i never use it. Now my battery life is best ever plus shutting off Hey Siri seems to have fixed the "pause bug" in the podcast and music apps.
    Sherry_B likes this.
  11. #11  
    Sherry_B's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,391 Posts

    Default Re: Siri using excess battery in iOS 10.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jdesutter View Post
    shutting off Hey Siri seems to have fixed the "pause bug" in the podcast and music apps.
    Thanks for this tip!! I'll check it out to see if it helps me the next time I listen to music in the car.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 09-08-2016, 01:03 PM
  2. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-02-2016, 01:44 PM
  3. Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-17-2016, 12:35 PM
  4. Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07-03-2016, 09:08 AM
  5. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-30-2016, 07:20 AM

Posting Permissions