Siri using excess battery in iOS 10.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if this was like this before but I looked at my battery usage and I
Noticed Siri is a 10%- I don't use Siri unless I'm in the car sending a text which I haven't done in the last 24 hours. Any have this?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Siri

I don't check my battery stats because I have always an external battery with me to charge my iPhone when it runs low on juice.

Try disabling 'Hey Siri' and see if there is improvement in your battery life
As with all betas and even with GM too actually, software is never 100% bug free.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Re: Siri

I know the bug part. Just weird that I don't use it much and it's up at the top. I disabled hey Siri this morning since I never use that.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

As far as I understand, you are not a big Siri user. By disabling as much as possible you will be able to troubleshoot any Siri related battery drains.

If you notice any improvement in battery life, start enabling them again and see what that does for you and enable more till you filter the one setting causing the drain.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

As far as I understand, you are not a big Siri user. By disabling as much as possible you will be able to troubleshoot any Siri related battery drains.

If you notice any improvement in battery life, start enabling them again and see what that does for you and enable more till you filter the one setting causing the drain.

That's what I'll try- I really only use it in the car through siri eyes to send text messages. Love that feature.

Jdesutter

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Thank you so much the suggestion to turn off "Hey Siri". My battery was crap and I could tell something was running in the background but couldn't figure it out. I finally noticed that Siri was 15% of my battery usage and i never use it. Now my battery life is best ever plus shutting off Hey Siri seems to have fixed the "pause bug" in the podcast and music apps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh