Siri using excess battery in iOS 10.
I don't know if this was like this before but I looked at my battery usage and I
Noticed Siri is a 10%- I don't use Siri unless I'm in the car sending a text which I haven't done in the last 24 hours. Any have this?
- 07-09-2016, 03:32 PM #2
I don't check my battery stats because I have always an external battery with me to charge my iPhone when it runs low on juice.
Try disabling 'Hey Siri' and see if there is improvement in your battery life
As with all betas and even with GM too actually, software is never 100% bug free.
- 07-09-2016, 03:41 PM #4
- 07-09-2016, 03:52 PM #6
- 07-09-2016, 04:10 PM #8
As far as I understand, you are not a big Siri user. By disabling as much as possible you will be able to troubleshoot any Siri related battery drains.
If you notice any improvement in battery life, start enabling them again and see what that does for you and enable more till you filter the one setting causing the drain.
- 07-13-2016, 03:24 PM #10iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Re: Siri using excess battery in iOS 10.
Thank you so much the suggestion to turn off "Hey Siri". My battery was crap and I could tell something was running in the background but couldn't figure it out. I finally noticed that Siri was 15% of my battery usage and i never use it. Now my battery life is best ever plus shutting off Hey Siri seems to have fixed the "pause bug" in the podcast and music apps.
- 07-14-2016, 12:09 PM #11
- By aeryk35 in forum Mac MiniReplies: 3Last Post: 09-08-2016, 12:03 PM
- By iMore Question in forum SiriReplies: 8Last Post: 09-02-2016, 12:44 PM
- By iMore Question in forum SiriReplies: 8Last Post: 08-17-2016, 11:35 AM
- By iMore Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 07-03-2016, 08:08 AM
- By Eye178 in forum tvOSReplies: 2Last Post: 06-30-2016, 06:20 AM