IOS 10 beta - push email (exchange) not pushing anymore?

NickB2005

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
IOS 10 beta - push email (exchange) not pushing anymore

Hey all - I just upgraded to the public beta last night and for some reason whenever I get an email via the mail app that my work exchange account is tied to I don't get push notifications anymore. I checked and it is turned on, but for some reason I am just not getting them. Any ideas?

Vinu Jacob

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site
Re: IOS 10 beta - push email (exchange) not pushing anymore

To get notifications, you need to be connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network. If you?re not getting notifications for a specific app, try these steps:
  1. Make sure that the app supports notifications. Go to Settings > Notifications, select the app, and make sure that Notifications are turned on.
  2. Make sure that you?re signed in to your Apple ID on your iOS device. Go to Settings > iTunes & App Stores and enter your Apple ID and password.
  3. Make sure that Do Not Disturb is turned off. Go to Settings > Do Not Disturb and tap Manual if it's turned on.
  4. If you?ve recently installed an app or restored from a backup, open the app to start getting notifications.

Hope this helps in resolving your issue, as I am using ios10 on my iphone and do not have any issues with notification as of now.

NickB2005

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

I don't have any issues with notifications. I get them and when I go into my mail app and pull the data for new emails then they pop up, but for some reason now on iOS 10 I am not getting the push notifications specifically for that app.

emanwis

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site

I am getting push emails for my work exchange account just fine.

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site

Have you tried removing the account and then adding the account back?

kurt_19

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
I upgraded to 10 over the weekend. I wiped my phone clean today (deleting everything), reinstalled apps etc. setup my Exchange email and it will not send nor receive any emails. Yahoo and Gmail email accounts work fine.

I have done this 100 times at my company with no issue on previous IOS's. Any suggestions, I am all ears!!!

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I upgraded to 10 over the weekend. I wiped my phone clean today (deleting everything), reinstalled apps etc. setup my Exchange email and it will not send nor receive any emails. Yahoo and Gmail email accounts work fine.

I have done this 100 times at my company with no issue on previous IOS's. Any suggestions, I am all ears!!!

Go to Settings→ General → Reset, and then select "Reset Network Settings".

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Are the emails themselves not being pushed or is it just the notifications? There are two different settings there.

kurt_19

Jul 13, 2016
Visit site
Just wiped the phone again and reset up. still nothing.

did what you said Just_Me_D and it is now working.

Why would resetting the network settings make the difference even after wiping the phone?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Just wiped the phone again and reset up. still nothing.

did what you said Just_Me_D and it is now working.

Why would resetting the network settings make the difference even after wiping the phone?

If you simply chose to erase all contents and settings, you merely erased your data and non-native settings. That may not have flushed any native settings. Still, I'm only speculating. Anyway, I'm glad you got the problem resolved. Take care...

Ed Brennan

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
Mine worked ok with exchange, with one issue, that's being I can't search for example an email sent to a particular person, each time the mail app would crash and close, back on iOS 9 unfortunately

Jamee Berggren

Sep 19, 2016
Visit site

Hey all - I just upgraded to the public beta last night and for some reason whenever I get an email via the mail app that my work exchange account is tied to I don't get push notifications anymore. I checked and it is turned on, but for some reason I am just not getting them. Any ideas?

Reset network settings worked for me.
Settings> general> reset> reset network settings

Stephen Chukumba

Oct 5, 2016
Visit site

Reset network settings worked for me.
Settings> general> reset> reset network settings

I've been having the same issue with my work email on the iPhone 7 running iOS 10. I deleted and reinstalled the email account. reset network settings and unfortunately no luck.

Another ideas out there?

msolomon

Nov 6, 2016
Visit site
I have the same issue with no help from Apple or AT&T. Cannot send or receive emails via cellular network. As soon as I get on to a wifi network, 50-60 email poor in?

Any suggestions?

jrdatrackstar1223

Dec 27, 2011
Visit site
I have somewhat of a similar issue. I have my Exchange/Outlook email forwarding to my iCloud email address. I will notice that emails are not coming through unless I open the mail app and then my emails start coming through. The other weird thing is that when I go to iCloud.com and go to my email, the badge is always a larger number than my phone.

Bruno G1

Nov 9, 2016
Visit site
Found my problem under Settings --> Cellular --> section "Use cellular data for:" I had turned off mail over cellular a while ago and clearly forgot about it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jobaeit