iOS 10 Public GM is Live

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Re: iOS 10 Public Beta 7 Live

More stable on my 6s Plus. Transitions between home screen and the messages app are smoother. Other areas as well.

kaymc

Oct 19, 2015
Visit site

Pleased to report that this update fixes the Music app bug where some music tracks were generating "Item Not Available" pop-ups. So it's not entirely a security update.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Pleased to report that this update fixes the Music app bug where some music tracks were generating "Item Not Available" pop-ups. So it's not entirely a security update.

Definitely some fine tuning. Runs much smoother.

jenni122701

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site

Beta must be working great now. Been quiet here on this thread.

Yeah, I think my looong battle with iMessege not working right is finally over. Though I haven't used it too much, but I think it's ok for me now. Nothing has been crashing for me either.

jenni122701

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site

Yeah, I think my looong battle with iMessege not working right is finally over. Though I haven't used it too much, but I think it's ok for me now. Nothing has been crashing for me either.

Grrr, nope. Jumped the gun saying that about iMessege. That one stubborn issue remains for me... where on my iPad, when I swipe from right to send a message, the message area is all jumpy and keyboard goes up and down like crazy.

Ago5tino

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site

I'm still having an issue with contacts. A friend recently got a new mobile number, I went to edit his contact details, deleted the old number, entered the new, tapped done. Contact shows as updated. Go to standby, re-open contacts, and the info has reset to the old numbers. New number no longer shows.

Can anyone else give it a go? First noticed it on public beta 6, it's still there on 7. I've got around it by just creating a new contact. Happens on both my devices running the beta.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
iOS 10 Public Beta 7 Live

I'm still having an issue with contacts. A friend recently got a new mobile number, I went to edit his contact details, deleted the old number, entered the new, tapped done. Contact shows as updated. Go to standby, re-open contacts, and the info has reset to the old numbers. New number no longer shows.

Can anyone else give it a go? First noticed it on public beta 6, it's still there on 7. I've got around it by just creating a new contact. Happens on both my devices running the beta.

Try scrolling down to where it says, Gmail, iCloud, or whatever you may use, and tap that and change the info there as well.
It should show a prompt to use the same name and profile pic.
If that doesn't work, delete out the entire contact and start fresh.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site

D/L'ing now. The website with the particulars, hangs. Can anybody provide a few high points as to what this does?

Also I just got the badge on Settings just a few minutes ago.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
iOS 10 Public Beta 7 Live

D/L'ing now. The website with the particulars, hangs. Can anybody provide a few high points as to what this does?

Also I just got the badge on Settings just a few minutes ago.

The website hangs? What do you mean by that?
High points about what doing what? I'm not understanding you.
Do you refer to the link provided on the update page? I never have tapped on that. I just update.

xTmX Korrupt

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site

Just downloaded it to my iPad Pro. So far so good. I like the new notifications but hate that the Game Center was removed.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site

The website hangs? What do you mean by that?
High points about what doing what? I'm not understanding you.
Do you refer to the link provided on the update page? I never have tapped on that. I just update.

 Clicking on the provided link, it started to load and then just got hung up. Hangs = stopped loading

 High points = main features/functions of the Update, not every little detail as the link might have provided

 Yes, I'm referring to the link on the Update page. I sometimes click on it as I want to know What the What does this particular update do. The typical "It's working" or "...such and such is broke" don't say a thing about why this is an update. So sometimes knowing what it's supposed to do is handy.

doogald

Trusted Member
Oct 23, 2012
Visit site

Yes, I'm referring to the link on the Update page. I sometimes click on it as I want to know What the What does this particular update do. The typical "It's working" or "...such and such is broke" don't say a thing about why this is an update. So sometimes knowing what it's supposed to do is handy.

I didn't read the link, but I understand that the latest beta was released at least in part to patch the "Trident" bugs that was patched with 9.3.5 last week. See Apple releases iOS 9.3.5 to fix 3 zero-day vulnerabilities [Updated] | Ars Technica (see the item marked "Update").

mach1man

Oct 15, 2015
Visit site

1st time beta user here.. does being on a beta use more battery?? I feel like on iOS 9.3.4 my battery was lasting a little longer. Or the battery percentages are way off

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73