iOS 10 Public GM is Live

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
re: iOS 10 Public Beta 7 Live

My battery went down quicker today than yesterday. Not sure why. As far as I can tell, the beta has had minimal affect on my battery life, save for a few glitches.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Is it the same Beta? If so why are they numbered differently?

Because developer beta came earlier available for developers. With dev beta 2, public beta 1 was released a few days later with the same build number.

Developers get the betas sooner so they have more time to adjust their apps for it.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Out of curiosity, when you flip the switch to vibrate, do you get the long buzz or two very very quick buzzes?

Two very quick buzzes

Just updated to pb5 .How do you guys feel about the new lock sound??...not sure if I like it. Loving the transitions from the home screen when you select an app or folder. Seems a lot smoother and less buggy.

I actually don't mind it. Loving the new keyboard sounds though

I have noticed really bad battery drain on iPhone 6s Plus. Especially when using Apple Music. Anyone else notice this?

Nope, the betas have had tiny effects on my battery life.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site

When you set your volume and tap on a tone, do you hear it then? I don't.

I do. There's a long pause, then the selected tone starts at a very low volume and slowly gets louder, then stops. In the morning it gets louder still until I turn it off.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site

Anyone here running the PB 5 on a 5S, if so, how's it running for you?

Pretty good so far, with two exceptions.

1) Scrolling my long list of apps that need updating gets a slight stutter from time to time. This is the only place I've seen it so far. It was the same in pb4 but not pb2.

2) For some reason, Message notifications stopped showing up on my locked Lock Screen (and Watch) and there is no sound when they arrive. But when I open the phone (with the Power/Sleep button) I can see the notifications as I'd expect. I just never hear or see them when they first arrive.

This started in pb2 or 4 (I don't remember what betas I've done! lol) and hasn't cleared up in pb5. I've done all the reboot phone, reboot Watch, rebuild the desktop, repair permissions, checked the Notification settings and Silent switch etc., and nothing. I won't do a Restore unless the GM doesn't fix this.

jenni122701

Oct 26, 2014
Visit site

I decided with PB5 being so improved, to go ahead and install it on my 6+ too. So it's on my IPad and iPhone both now. I am still experiencing some issues with iMessage but not as much as I was before.

TripleOne

Trusted Member
Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

I decided with PB5 being so improved, to go ahead and install it on my 6+ too. So it's on my IPad and iPhone both now. I am still experiencing some issues with iMessage but not as much as I was before.

What's it like on the iPad?

I have yet to install it on mine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2