iOS 10 Public GM is Live

vp_ortiz

May 4, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 10 Public Beta 1 Live

Pretty stable build aside from the small bugs but surprisingly all of my current apps (87 in total) installed on my iPhone 6S Plus works well with the exception of one (THX Tuner) which I realized I haven't been using so I just deleted it instead.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
iOS 10 Public Beta 1 Live

Locked and loaded on my 6s.

First hiccup was not seeing the iMessage effects (I could send but not see) but turning off iMessage and back on again fixed it.

So far I'm getting used to how to interact with Notification Center and the two pages of widgets, etc. I use both a lot.

Too early for battery tests but so far nothing out of the ordinary.

Other issues:
- iMessage crash when opening a group chat. Seems a force quit of iMessage (rather than just crashing) helps but can recur.
- Settings.app wiggles when tapping to open. Not all the time but definitely not a press/hold (edit: weather.app just did it too)

Last edited:

fragment137

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Really need the rest of it, including the bottom part that gives a summary of use, standby, etc.

Oh dear, haha! Can you tell I'm new? :p Unfortunately that is now reset, since I charged my phone over night... I'll look over the next 24 hours and see if the pattern repeats :)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I do not like this feature. Liked where you could just "hover" on the home button and not actually have to press it.. Saves the button..

Although it does not appear to be active at this time, it'll be a nice feature to have, in my opinion.

IMG_0118.JPG

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Might just be me but is anyone else noticing excessive battery drain? two days in a row i've been battling with it... by the time it's about 4:00 i'm under 40% during normal use. I didn't really notice this with 9.3.3..

Maybe i'm being paranoid, lol

No I'm an not. Battery had been pretty solid on my 6s plus.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

So I did notice on the battery usage that Siri is higher than it should be. It's At 10% and I don't use it. That's weird. Any one notice that

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

So I did notice on the battery usage that Siri is higher than it should be. It's At 10% and I don't use it. That's weird. Any one notice that

I'll mention it here too. Could be Siri Suggestions in Spotlight Search, or Siri & Dictation may be using Location Services.

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

iPhone 6 - So far BeWeather is working fine, I can't find a single issue with it. So seems those with issue, it's random. I also have not seen any battery drain. Used the phone several times since 8am, and it's 2:44pm now and I am 97%.

However... the new "NEWS" app, makes me what to tear out what little hair I have left. I finally got over the loss of Zite and used News, but now.. I need to find a new news reader. News has the same category for me (at least on Beta 1) 28 times, before I stopped counting. Plus each divided section (sub headers) have stories repeating from other sections. Smartphones in iPhone in Apple, in Tech, in Popular News, ... ad nausium.

Last edited:

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

The main thing I'm noticing (first day of using iOS 10 public Beta) is that randomly it will want me to keep signing into iCloud. It's done this 4-6 times in about 8 hours. Everything else seems pretty good

I have this too. Only on my iPad mini not the iPhone

Natalie Martin

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site

Mines been pretty stable. Only a few minor glitches with the odd app crashing and some random freezes. Thought it was hitting my battery, it's not too much though it is giving a higher usage reading than what I know I'm using. I'm on a 6s plus. I love the ability to like comments etc in messages. And send drawings etc

Natalie Martin

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site

This is mine so far with 54% left no inbetween charge
8a7f200f0cc87d8d691561ad273a7d2d.png

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

- First hiccup was not seeing the iMessage effects (I could send but not see) but turning off iMessage and back on again fixed it.
- iMessage crash when opening a group chat. Seems a force quit of iMessage (rather than just crashing) helps but can recur.
- Settings.app wiggles when tapping to open. Not all the time but definitely not a press/hold (edit: weather.app just did it too)
Add that I have blank images in iMessage... both from iOS 9 and iOS 10 senders. I can tap and hold to see the image (which gives options to save, etc.) but when I let go it disappears. At first I thought this was an iOS 10 thing (invisible ink sort of effect) but it happens on both iOS.

Also random freezes.

Last edited:

KBV1

Aug 16, 2010
Visit site

Anyone have the major issue I have encountered I'm using a 6s+:

Rotation getting stuck in landscape.

Double tapping home button and flicking between apps.. But actually doesn't work, lags and hangs?

Other issues I have seen is lag around using the phone in general.. But all my apps seem to work, well at the moment.

Natalie Martin

Jun 16, 2014
Visit site

Anyone have the major issue I have encountered I'm using a 6s+:

Rotation getting stuck in landscape.

Double tapping home button and flicking between apps.. But actually doesn't work, lags and hangs?

Other issues I have seen is lag around using the phone in general.. But all my apps seem to work, well at the moment.

Not a problem for me on my 6s plus

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

I have a Zagg keyboard for my iPad mini 2, and the hot button for Siri does not work under iOS 10 beta. I have left feedback to Apple. All other hot keys seem to work well.

Trending Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73