iOS 10 Public GM is Live

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Re: iOS 10 Public Beta 1 Live

To fix this go to settings-> general-> accessibility->home button-> and turn on rest finger to unlock
This feature is not working. There is no difference in behavior with it on or off. Nobody knows the exact purpose of this switch yet and nobody can since it does nothing right now.

Ricktye

Feb 1, 2010
Visit site

Hmmm... My BeWeather is updating just fine.

Yeah, definitely broken. Middle of summer and it now shows the temperature as zero. Needs a fix/update or something. LOL

aa60496966528bdd4454f3d599c0175a.png

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

My BeWeather has been fine until just now... it may be an issue with their data feed from WeatherUnderground as another app I use that feeds off WU is acting up as well...

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

If you have an iPhone 6s or 6s+ and use just clicked the home button to wake the phone up it would read your fingerprint super fast. So with the setting above you can still click to wake the phone up and just leave your finger rested on the button to initiate the unlock

Yes, while this technically "unlocks" the phone, you are still on the lock screen, at least that's how it works for me. I then have to push the home button down to get to my home screen... If I'm not mistaken, iOS9 did use the "hover" feature to unlock and go directly to the home screen, w/o having to actually depress the home button... correct?

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

This feature is not working. There is no difference in behavior with it on or off. Nobody knows the exact purpose of this switch yet and nobody can since it does nothing right now.

have you reported this to Apple yet?

truenorthstrong

Oct 17, 2014
Visit site

BeWeather works once in awhile, could be Weather Underground issue, I wish there was more weather sources to use in that app.

Launcher has some issues in the widget section, you can open apps like maps and calendar but you can't open setting shortcuts like location and wifi.

fragment137

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Might just be me but is anyone else noticing excessive battery drain? two days in a row i've been battling with it... by the time it's about 4:00 i'm under 40% during normal use. I didn't really notice this with 9.3.3..

Maybe i'm being paranoid, lol

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

I'm surprised this went public with this beta. A lot of glitches on dev beta 2. It works fine as a daily driver but expect lots of little glitches.

iOS 10 Beta 1 was pretty stable for a beta 1 version of iOS.

eb_therebel

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site

Might just be me but is anyone else noticing excessive battery drain? two days in a row i've been battling with it... by the time it's about 4:00 i'm under 40% during normal use. I didn't really notice this with 9.3.3..

I dropped about 2% in about 30 min with my phone just sitting on my desk. I love the beta but I'm rolling back until one of the later ones due to the crazy battery drains

wolfee48

Mar 9, 2016
Visit site

I dropped about 2% in about 30 min with my phone just sitting on my desk. I love the beta but I'm rolling back until one of the later ones due to the crazy battery drains

This was my main concern... battery drain. But since I have loaded the beta last night, my battery has been awesome. I loaded on my 6S over the non-beta 9.3.2. Eight hours off the charger and I am sitting at 52% left which is average battery life for my on-going usage thru out the day. Same results on my work issued 6 model.

fragment137

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

This was my main concern... battery drain. But since I have loaded the beta last night, my battery has been awesome. I loaded on my 6S over the non-beta 9.3.2. Eight hours off the charger and I am sitting at 52% left which is average battery life for my on-going usage thru out the day. Same results on my work issued 6 model.

This is good news. Means it may just be a case-by-case basis for battery issues. I'm willing to concede that my usage might be heavier than the average user.

This was my concern as well. Stand-by battery might still need some tweaking in this build. Mind you I'm alright checking things out for a few days while the phone sorts itself out. I don't want to judge battery life after only having this for 24 hours :)

unity04

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

Running the beta for almost 24 hours, some things I noticed and questions;

1. I don't have the lock icon in my status bar on the lock screen. Can you confirm yours?

2. I can't get the keyboard to show an emoji in the preview selector when typing the name. Common?

3. The alarm shows up in the Up Next widget regardless if turned off.

4. Is there a way to remove the location album in photos?

5. If opening a text to reply, I can't scroll up to see the rest of the convo. Is there a way to fix this?

6. Is there a today view? I don't like using Up Next as it doesn't show All Day events. My next event is in 2 months while I have tons of all day-ers coming up.

7. Is there a way to get to your music quicker? Songs shows every iTunes song ever purchased which I don't want. It seems I can only access loaded music by going through Downloads > Songs. Inconvenient.

Trigati

Sep 1, 2015
Visit site

I decided to try the beta on my iPad. For the first time since iOS 8, my apps are automatically updating and new apps are automatically downloading. Plus, it seems pretty stable. So far, I'm very glad I decided to give it a go.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Locked and loaded on my 6s.

First hiccup was not seeing the iMessage effects (I could send but not see) but turning off iMessage and back on again fixed it.

So far I'm getting used to how to interact with Notification Center and the two pages of widgets, etc. I use both a lot.

Too early for battery tests but so far nothing out of the ordinary.

fragment137

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I don't think this is necessarily related to the beta, but here's a report of my battery usage over the last 24 hours.. since I'm a recent adopter, could someone help me understand whether this is normal or not?iMoreAppImg_20160708_231415.jpg

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site

The main thing I'm noticing (first day of using iOS 10 public Beta) is that randomly it will want me to keep signing into iCloud. It's done this 4-6 times in about 8 hours. Everything else seems pretty good

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site

Another couple notes:

-my rest finger on home button to unlock does not work with switch off or on in settings. I saw some others report this.

-smoothness of switching apps/screens glitchy; but I know that is to be expected with a first beta.

- I noticed the control center does not allow me to control sound any longer. It's not in sounds sounds either. I noticed with an instagram video I could use the side buttons to control volume of video, but did not show volume levels appear as it has in the past. Anyone else notice this or know a fix?

anon(9132077)

Oct 11, 2014
Visit site

Scratch that last note. I forgot that control center can swipe left for more controls, including volume levels for sounds other than ring/text tone