iOS 10 Public GM is Live

Phill_UK

Oct 6, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 10 Public Beta 1 Live

I'm surprised this went public with this beta. A lot of glitches on dev beta 2. It works fine as a daily driver but expect lots of little glitches.

What's the build number of the dev beta 2, Garz?

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

I'll give it a miss I think, is springboard crashing between switches? Facebook is the biggest culprit for me back on dev beta 1 ... and I rely on that quite a lot, and it's annoying.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

what kind of glitches?

Oh I'm not going to get into them all. I'll be here all day. If your worried about bugs, then don't load. It's still an early beta so just be prepared. It's fine for me but I've seen many on the dev beta that downgraded.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

I'll give it a miss I think, is springboard crashing between switches? Facebook is the biggest culprit for me back on dev beta 1 ... and I rely on that quite a lot, and it's annoying.

Yeah I don't use FB so never an issue for me there.

zulu1128

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site

Facebook is a little sketchy, but not at a dealbreaking level IMO.

Been playing around for about 15 minutes, and first impression is that it's pretty damn sweet.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

Once the iOS 10 beta profile is installed and your device reboots... yep.

Ok, I will wait til public beta ipsw available I think. I am a firm believer of a clean install between big OS jumps. The current ipsw requires xcode beta, and a mac to install.

jclif

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

Oh I'm not going to get into them all. I'll be here all day. If your worried about bugs, then don't load. It's still an early beta so just be prepared. It's fine for me but I've seen many on the dev beta that downgraded.

works for me man, I'll wait a for one or two more releases before I install, thanks

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site

so if I install this Beta 1, will I be offered future beta releases as they become available automatically? Also when the final is out, will it prompt me to update OTA?

Since you have the new profile installed it will allow OTA updates. I would think you would get the final GM update also when its complete.