iOS 10 Public GM is Live

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
re: iOS 10 Public Beta 7 Live

The iMessage effects are all about motion, right?

I guess but I always had reduced motion on and mine worked up till this beta

Mostly. But they worked fine on the last beta with reduce motion on.

Yeah this was definitely a new change. I don't know how they're tied together or why but I am curious if it goes back when the next beta is released.

I can't see them making a major feature tied to whether the rest of the motion effects work or not.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Yeah this was definitely a new change. I don't know how they're tied together or why but I am curious if it goes back when the next beta is released.

I can't see them making a major feature tied to whether the rest of the motion effects work or not.

I certainly hope they don't tie it to reduce motion OFF. I can't stand those animations.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site

I'm sure it's a bug. If it's annoying, report it.

I'm wondering if it's a feature. The purpose of their different sounds is to give an audible clue that they've been tapped, probably to alert in case they've been tapped accidentally. If that's the case, turning off all sounds defeats the purpose of them sounding different.

That said, if it's not a bug, just Apple's perspective on what should be, maybe there will be a switch for that.

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site

I've got it on my 5s. It's slower than pb2. I never really noticed any slowness in pb2 but I see it in 3. Faster phones may not see any slowness.

Apps 'open' at the same speed in that I see some bit of the app at the top of the screen, and the rest is dark for a second or two. Then the rest of the display populates and the speed feels normal. This may all clear up in the GM.

I've got to get some sleep but I'll look at the phone some more to see if there's anything new or bad going on. I've only run across one app that's not working well with b3, but devs probably won't update until the GM ships. I can live with that.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
iOS 10 Public Beta 3 Live

Some observations so far vs the last beta...

Screen rotation going from portrait to landscape is much quicker. Plus apps like Waze now go into landscape view properly the first time instead of swiveling the screen but leaving the view in portrait size.

Battery life seems noticeably better. Battery life on the prior beta was a bit rough but do far, this beta seems a lot closer to where it should be.

In Apple Music I can finally rearrange the order of my created playlists and it will stick. Plus the drag and drop animations are fixed. I haven't hit a crash yet either.

This beta is a definite step forward.

Last edited:

Mac Guy

Dec 10, 2015
Visit site

Should I submit feedback to Apple, or to the app developers?

It probably wouldn't hurt to do both, but you still might not see an issue corrected until sometime after the GM ships. Some devs probably won't do anything with their app until the OS hits GM (Golden Master). But your info might still be helpful once they get to work.

Luiz Brunner

May 23, 2015
Visit site

Keyboard sounds for any key other than letters or numbers can not be turned off. Even with the keyboard sound off the clicks can be heard for keys like "space", capslock, etc... anyone else?

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Keyboard sounds for any key other than letters or numbers can not be turned off. Even with the keyboard sound off the clicks can be heard for keys like "space", capslock, etc... anyone else?

You are correct, sir.

scruffypig

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site

I've got it on my 5s. It's slower than pb2. I never really noticed any slowness in pb2 but I see it in 3. Faster phones may not see any slowness.

Apps 'open' at the same speed in that I see some bit of the app at the top of the screen, and the rest is dark for a second or two. Then the rest of the display populates and the speed feels normal. This may all clear up in the GM.

I've got to get some sleep but I'll look at the phone some more to see if there's anything new or bad going on. I've only run across one app that's not working well with b3, but devs probably won't update until the GM ships. I can live with that.

Seems fine on my iPhone 5S.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Does anyone have this issue with camera?
When connected to a bluetooth device the camera is blurry. I was connected to my truck and also tried my Jaybird Bluebud headphones and the camera tries to focus and just stays blurry.

Just had this! It was in the car and tried to take a pic. Ok with other Bluetooth items (Apple Watch and Fitbit for example) but the car it was not a fan.

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

is this just for the stock keyboard or 3rd party too?

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site

Same here. Annoying. I don't want any sounds at all.

Same here but actually prefer sounds. But I think the key is options, right? Like if you turn it off then sounds should be off. Mine is quirky. I only get keyboard sounds in iMessages, Texts, Emails, Notes, etc...really just stock keyboard needs. Right now while typing in the forums on my iPhone 6s there NO keyboard sounds?

MessterHD

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site

Can you elaborate?

Normally I have 6s Plus 32GB. After the latest update I noticed that now I have not 32 but 26GB available (when I did erase couple of times and setup as a new). When I restored backup after installation of new update it was even worst, because when I count all applications data and music I missed another 6GB and I don't believe that it's system only.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
iOS 10 Public Beta 3 Live

Normally I have 6s Plus 32GB. After the latest update I noticed that now I have not 32 but 26GB available (when I did erase couple of times and setup as a new). When I restored backup after installation of new update it was even worst, because when I count all applications data and music I missed another 6GB and I don't believe that it's system only.

If you go to Settings -> General -> Storage & iCloud is there any indication what's there using storage?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Same here. I lost between 3 and 4 gb of storage space when I first updated. No clue where it went. Just *poof* it was gone.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2