iOS 10 Public GM is Live

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site
re: iOS 10 Public Beta 7 Live

Indeed here in South Africa it was active last night at 18h00 GMT+2 and it has improved many of the issues in Beta 1. I will try and take some screenshots of some of the changes that I have seen. Still testing battery ect

Mar 22, 2016
Visit site

I can report that all my social media apps are working including testing the VR apps. I have not tested lag as I would need another iphone to complete the test. I will try later today to see what I can do. Otherwise I will continue testing all apps and functions and see if there are any problems or improvements.

fragment137

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

PushBullet still crashes in Public Beta 2... Probably a developer issue.

Although, Pokemon Go's AR Mode started workin in this beta, so i dunno??

Craig

Jan 17, 2011
Visit site

I use a sleep app on my phone (iPhone 6) at night. Been using it for a couple years now. Normally wake up and the phone is cool to the touch. Today it was very hot after Beta 2 Install last night. Not sure why... will have to see another night.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site

Not sure if this is a bug or I am missing a setting but in the Music app my playlists are alphabetized by song title and I can't change it. Trying to drag the song up/down the list doesn't work(nevermind that the slide action is a mess to even do).

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site

Question, can I downgrade to 9.3.2 with my archived backup even though the current software is 9.3.3? I don't think I can keep running this beta with this battery life.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Question, can I downgrade to 9.3.2 with my archived backup even though the current software is 9.3.3? I don't think I can keep running this beta with this battery life.

You should be able to. Generally you can't go back to a lower iOS with a higher backup (i.e. can't go to iOS 9 with an iOS 10 backup) but going to 9.3.3 with a 9.3.2 backup should be fine.

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site

You should be able to. Generally you can't go back to a lower iOS with a higher backup (i.e. can't go to iOS 9 with an iOS 10 backup) but going to 9.3.3 with a 9.3.2 backup should be fine.

Thanks. I guess my question is once I restore it it should automatically update it to 9.3.3. My archived backup is 9.3.2. Can I still back up to that after 9.3.3 is loaded on to the phone?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

When you restore it will load the iOS from Apple and then put your stuff back on. Your backup isn't really a copy of 9.3.2 so it will put 9.3.3 on and then load your data. That's why you can't go the other way as iOS 10 data would be incompatible with iOS 9.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site

My battery life is taking a beating in beta 2. A few small fixes but still a ton of bugs.

Mine is too but I can't tell yet whether this is because of beta 2 itself or just me playing with my phone more since loading the beta. I am leaning towards the latter but definitely will be paying attention to the battery.

jclif

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site

Anyone else not getting a notification sound or vibrate when they're getting a text/iMessage? Also now I see I have a message, I go to open it and the messaging crashes... gonna have to go back to 9.3.3 for now

Last edited:

donnation

Trusted Member
Mar 19, 2012
Visit site

I ended up rolling back. I had it on my daily driver and although for the most part it was fairly smooth, I couldn't deal with the bugs and battery loss I was getting on Beta 2.

On a side note, I do think I like the way notifications show up better in iOS 9. When using them as a banner they are much less intrusive than iOS10, but again that could all change by the final build. Also, I kept tapping my home button to open the phone after I downgraded, that's a feature I really like in iOS10.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh