iOS 10 Public GM is Live

pgrtag

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 10 Public Beta 1 Live

I am having the same issue. Tried to send a text and it comes on like it should but doesn't do anything. Not sure if that's something I send to Apple for feedback. I guess I will and let them figure it out.

I did a test today. Siri hands free seems to work if you hold the button down on your steering wheel until after you finish speaking the command and Siri responds to that command. So I hold the button down on the steering wheel, i hear the Siri "tone" and say "text my wife" and Siri responds, then I let go of the button on the steering wheel. It's seems to work with texting, Podcasts, and shuffling music.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

I did a test today. Siri hands free seems to work if you hold the button down on your steering wheel until after you finish speaking the command and Siri responds to that command. So I hold the button down on the steering wheel, i hear the Siri "tone" and say "text my wife" and Siri responds, then I let go of the button on the steering wheel. It's seems to work with texting, Podcasts, and shuffling music.

Thanks I'll try that tomorrow.

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site

After u say text my wife and Siri responds do you let go and tell her what the text is or hold it through out the whole text

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Keeping my list going here:

- First hiccup was not seeing the iMessage effects (I could send but not see) but turning off iMessage and back on again fixed it.
- iMessage crash when opening a group chat. Seems a force quit of iMessage (rather than just crashing) helps but can recur (Seems a clean install has helped this so far)
- Settings.app wiggles when tapping to open. Not all the time but definitely not a press/hold (edit: weather.app just did it too, as has photos and Safari)
- keyboard shortcuts don't always work. I have @@ to paste my email address but find a lot of times it doesn't work.
- images not loading in Messages. I can tap/hold to preview but it doesn't stay.
- Random freezes and a few resprings
- Empty battery stats (shows total standby and usage but no app by app breakdown)

taeisme

Trusted Member
Aug 24, 2014
Visit site

What about CarPlay? Anyone update the phone and plug into your CarPlay?

Update:
Carplay is updated as well. lovely

Last edited:

fragment137

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

Anyone encountered an issue where sound suddenly gets messed up? Volume rockers don't control notification sounds anymore, some game sounds get completely muted, and then keyboard clicks are obnoxiously loud. Only fix I've found is a reboot.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Anyone encountered an issue where sound suddenly gets messed up? Volume rockers don't control notification sounds anymore, some game sounds get completely muted, and then keyboard clicks are obnoxiously loud. Only fix I've found is a reboot.

Yes. It's been a known bug since Dev beta 1 and wasn't fixed in latest beta.