Replying to messages from the lock screen

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6 running the beta software. When I get a text, I get the quick reply notification and when you swipe to the left you have two options, Clear and Reply. When I select Reply and begin to type my message, the screen goes black. Is anyone else having this problem?

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I'm on a 5s and I don't have that problem.
Just the one when I type more than 2 lines of text, the send button disappears

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Replying and continuing an iMessage conversation via the lock screen on my iPhone 6S Plus works great. This is one of the instances where the 3D Touch feature shines, in my opinion. Anyway, to answer your question - No, I'm not having the issue you're describing. Try a reboot.

Last edited:

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
I am having this problem, only for me the send button doesn't appear at all when using quick reply from lock screen. It works perfectly fine when phone is unlocked though.

I have a 6s plus

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
I don't have my notifications set to reply from the lock screen but I think I'm going to test it and see what happens.....I don't have any other issues regarding messages.

Anthonyiamador

Oct 27, 2012
Visit site
You are on beta software, which unfortunately means that you could very easily be running into bugs. Report the problem to Apple and call it a day.

I think anyone running iOS 10 is aware it is a beta software. What's wrong with discussing bugs that we run into? That's part of the fun we have!

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
I have an iPhone 6 running the beta software. When I get a text, I get the quick reply notification and when you swipe to the left you have two options, Clear and Reply. When I select Reply and begin to type my message, the screen goes black. Is anyone else having this problem?

Yes its a bug thats gonna have to be fixed. Im having the same problem on iOS 10 Dev Beta 1 on iPhone6

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I think anyone running iOS 10 is aware it is a beta software. What's wrong with discussing bugs that we run into? That's part of the fun we have!
Why so negative? I never said don't discuss bugs in beta. In fact, I'm all for it. I just offered a solution to the OP as he seemed genuinely concerned.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Why so negative? I never said don't discuss bugs in beta. In fact, I'm all for it. I just offered a solution to the OP as he seemed genuinely concerned.

You didn't offer a solution. You made it seem as if I was unaware I was running beta software. Your "solution" applies to every bug we encounter.

So back on topic, I'm glad someone other than me experienced this. Like I said, not happening on my 6S but I sure feel like 🍎 is forcing us to use 3D Touch more!

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
You didn't offer a solution. You made it seem as if I was unaware I was running beta software. Your "solution" applies to every bug we encounter.

So back on topic, I'm glad someone other than me experienced this. Like I said, not happening on my 6S but I sure feel like �� is forcing us to use 3D Touch more!
Respectfully I disagree, but you're entitled to your opinion.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
williams77