Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 51 to 61 of 61
Like Tree40Likes
  1. #51  
    mpham2's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    182 Posts

    Default Re: Blocking people in iOS 10.

    Quote Originally Posted by taeisme View Post
    I didn't have to create a contact. In messages, I opened up the detail, tapped the number and selected block caller. it's a couple more steps but eliminates the need to add the contact.
    Works for blocking text from an email too.
    taeisme likes this.
  2. #52  
    Chris Kerrigan's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    181 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,182 Global Posts

    Default Re: Blocking people in iOS 10.

    Quote Originally Posted by mpham2 View Post
    Works for blocking text from an email too.
    Wait, seriously?
  3. #53  

    Default Re: Blocking people in iOS 10.

    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Kerrigan View Post
    Wait, seriously?
    I've been blocking email addresses in messages a long time. Most spam I get in messages comes via email. It puts the email address on the blocked list, but I have no idea if it is in fact blocked.
  4. Thread AuthorThread Author   #54  

    Default Re: Blocking people in iOS 10.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    I've been blocking email addresses in messages a long time. Most spam I get in messages comes via email. It puts the email address on the blocked list, but I have no idea if it is in fact blocked.
    It is!
  5. #55  
    calebt's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    546 Posts
    Global Posts
    555 Global Posts

    Default Re: Blocking people in iOS 10.

    .
  6. #56  

    Default Re: Blocking people in iOS 10.

    Quote Originally Posted by TwitchyPuppy View Post
    It is!
    How do you know? Is there info on this somewhere?
  7. Thread AuthorThread Author   #57  

    Default Re: Blocking people in iOS 10.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ledsteplin View Post
    How do you know? Is there info on this somewhere?
    I know because I've been doing this for a while now.

    It blocks the email address so you won't receive text messages from it (99% spam, if unsolicited).

    However, I don't know if doing it this way actually blocks the email address from your inbox.
  8. #58  

    Default Re: Blocking people in iOS 10.

    Quote Originally Posted by TwitchyPuppy View Post
    I know because I've been doing this for a while now.

    It blocks the email address so you won't receive text messages from it (99% spam, if unsolicited).

    However, I don't know if doing it this way actually blocks the email address from your inbox.
    I doubt it blocks in the inbox. I meant in messages. I've wondered about it a long while. I block them and add to the list, but just never knew if it actually did work.
  9. #59  
    red-angelz's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts

    Default Re: Blocking people in iOS 10.

    Just in case someone need one how to block numbers from text messages:

    1. Press ( i )
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2452.PNG 
Views:	15 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	111606

    2. choose the number
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2453.PNG 
Views:	15 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	111607

    3. Block the spammer
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2455.PNG 
Views:	15 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	111608

    Done.
    nisemeru likes this.
  10. #60  
    Message Block's Avatar
    iMore Nanite

    Posts
    1 Posts

    Default Re: Blocking people in iOS 10.

    iOS 10 has changed the process a little to block messages:

    1. Go into the message
    2. Click the "i" in the upper right
    3. Click the number the message was sent from
    4. Scroll to the bottom and select "Block this Caller"

    This blocks all phone and text messages from them.
    nisemeru and BenitoC like this.
  11. Thread AuthorThread Author   #61  

    Default Re: Blocking people in iOS 10.

    Quote Originally Posted by red-angelz View Post
    Just in case someone need one how to block numbers from text messages:

    1. Press ( i )
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2452.PNG 
Views:	15 
Size:	76.6 KB 
ID:	111606

    2. choose the number
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2453.PNG 
Views:	15 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	111607

    3. Block the spammer
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2455.PNG 
Views:	15 
Size:	69.7 KB 
ID:	111608

    Done.
    Quote Originally Posted by Message Block View Post
    iOS 10 has changed the process a little to block messages:

    1. Go into the message
    2. Click the "i" in the upper right
    3. Click the number the message was sent from
    4. Scroll to the bottom and select "Block this Caller"

    This blocks all phone and text messages from them.
    You guys are like 2 months late =P

    Read the previous posts, we found out how already!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-30-2016, 03:33 PM
  2. Instagram is now used by 500 million people
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-21-2016, 10:40 AM
  3. Opera brings its ad blocking feature to iPhone and iPad
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-16-2016, 06:30 AM
  4. KIK messenger contact I was talking to now showing up under new people?
    By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-13-2016, 10:56 AM
  5. Why is Twitter Blocking My New Website as Spam?
    By ProgressBrief in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-10-2016, 08:23 PM

Posting Permissions