App Store updates not respecting "don't use cell/mobile data"??

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Not 100% confirmed yet, but I just had all of my pending app updates progress using mobile data, my settings were to not allow updates over mobile data.

I could have accidentally pressed the update all button, but I'm sure I didn't.

Posting this as a PSA, just in case this is true and like me you are on limited data plans where things get expensive real quick.

For the moment I've disable auto app update.

Anyone else seen this?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
It did this on auto updates? Could you have picked up a wifi signal? I never do auto updates. I always do them manually. Keep tabs on it. If it does it again, you might want to try Reset All Settings :
Reset All Settings
Go to Settings >General >Reset >Reset All Settings. This resets to default everything in Settings, including notifications, alerts, brightness, and clock settings like wake up alarms.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply, just to confirm that I've done some further testing, and can confirm that for me, app store updates are occurring over 4G even when I have de-selected "Use Mobile Data". Not a big issue, just need to turn off auto updates, until it's confirmed as fixed.

I will file a bug report, just wanted to share as this could quickly eat through someones data plan (especially where apps like word, excel or large games are involved).

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Agreed iOS Gravity, that said I'm absolutely stunned with how stable and usable iOS 10 has been out of the gate. By far the best initial release I've seen after many years of tinkering (at my own risk and with full understanding of the situation I choose).

I'm just highlighting this issue, as this could be an expensive little issue for some folks.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FallDesigner