Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 26 to 49 of 49
Like Tree14Likes
  1. #26  

    Default Re: New Maps

    Gentle reminder, which I have to obey myself too. Let's keep it on topic please. Thanks.
    nikkisharif and Scor Pio like this.
  2. #27  
    Elim's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    44 Posts

    Default Re: New Maps

    It's there... switch to Satellite view and here you can swipe to 3D (or back) as before but when you are in 3D mode then there is a 2D button below the compass. Not the same as before.
  3. #28  
    Elim's Avatar
    iMore Newbie

    Posts
    44 Posts

    Default Re: New Maps

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockdog97 View Post
    I wish the Maps app could zoom in/out using one finger like Google Maps.
    It can, please, look in the handbook next time:
    - double tab will zoom in and
    - double tab with two fingers zoom out
  4. #29  
    Rockdog97's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,338 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,119 Global Posts

    Default Re: New Maps

    Quote Originally Posted by Elim View Post
    It can, please, look in the handbook next time:
    - double tab will zoom in and
    - double tab with two fingers zoom out
    It didn't' used to have that functionality... but maybe your "handbook" is different than mine.. but hey, "thanks" for taking the time to let me know I should look it up.. I guess that same message could go for 99% of what people ask on this forum..

    peace out "Elim."
    Tartarus and TurboTiger like this.
  5. #30  
    Rockdog97's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,338 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,119 Global Posts

    Default Re: New Maps

    Quote Originally Posted by Elim View Post
    It's there... switch to Satellite view and here you can swipe to 3D (or back) as before but when you are in 3D mode then there is a 2D button below the compass. Not the same as before.
    //sarcasm on/// Yeah, look in your handbook next time... //sarcasm off...
  6. #31  
    taeisme's Avatar
    iMore Intermediate

    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    993 Global Posts

    Default Re: New Maps

    I wonder how this will work with Carplay....
  7. #32  
    Rockdog97's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,338 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,119 Global Posts

    Default Re: New Maps

    Quote Originally Posted by Elim View Post
    It can, please, look in the handbook next time:
    - double tab will zoom in and
    - double tab with two fingers zoom out
    still not as functional as the Google Maps way of doing it, whereas you can use one hand... in order to double tap [with two fingers], you have to hold the phone in one hand and double tap with the other...
    Last edited by Rockdog97; 07-05-2016 at 11:28 AM.
  8. #33  
    Les74's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    967 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,007 Global Posts

    Default Re: New Maps

    Quote Originally Posted by nikkisharif View Post
    It doesn't bother me...I'm just happy we finally have an option to avoid tolls & highways
    Is this true????
  9. #34  

    Default Re: New Maps

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockdog97 View Post
    still not as functional as the Google Maps way of doing it, whereas you can use one hand... in order to double tap, you have to hold the phone in one hand and double tap with the other...
    I'm confused on why you would have to use two hands to double tap That boils down to a personal preference. Google doesn't tell you to use one hand, you just do it & Apple doesn't tell you to use two. I'm completely capable of double tapping on my 6S+ with one hand, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
  10. #35  

    Default Re: New Maps

    Quote Originally Posted by Les74 View Post
    Is this true????
    Yes this is true with the update
    Les74 likes this.
  11. #36  
    Les74's Avatar
    iMore Expert

    Posts
    967 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,007 Global Posts

    Default Re: New Maps

    Quote Originally Posted by nikkisharif View Post
    Yes this is true with the update
    That's great! I've been wishing for this for years!
    nikkisharif likes this.
  12. #37  

    Default Re: New Maps

    Quote Originally Posted by Les74 View Post
    That's great! I've been wishing for this for years!
    Same here
    Les74 likes this.
  13. #38  
    lpelullo's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

    Default Re: New Maps

    Quote Originally Posted by Elim View Post
    It's there... switch to Satellite view and here you can swipe to 3D (or back) as before but when you are in 3D mode then there is a 2D button below the compass. Not the same as before.
    Just so you know, you don't have to be in Satellite view. It also works on the regular maps view. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1467718446.363362.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	302.7 KB 
ID:	108769
  14. #39  
    Rockdog97's Avatar
    iMore Specialist

    Posts
    1,338 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,119 Global Posts

    Default Re: New Maps

    Quote Originally Posted by nikkisharif View Post
    I'm confused on why you would have to use two hands to double tap That boils down to a personal preference. Google doesn't tell you to use one hand, you just do it & Apple doesn't tell you to use two. I'm completely capable of double tapping on my 6S+ with one hand, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.
    so if you are holding your phone in one hand, you can double tap with two fingers to zoom out using the same hand you are holding the phone with? I realize I can double tap to zoom IN, but in order to zoom OUT you have to double tap with TWO fingers. I realize I didn't make that distinction in my previous post...
  15. Thread AuthorThread Author   #40  
    Icyhot1966's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    574 Posts

    Default Re: New Maps

    Quote Originally Posted by lpelullo View Post
    Just so you know, you don't have to be in Satellite view. It also works on the regular maps view. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1467718446.363362.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	302.7 KB 
ID:	108769
    How did you get the 3D button to appear. I can't.
  16. #41  
    lpelullo's Avatar
    iMore Beginner

    Posts
    60 Posts
    Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

    Default Re: New Maps

    With two fingers slide up on the map. This will give you the 3D view and the option to switch back to 2D will appear. When in 2D it doesn't show the option for 3D, though. For that you need to slide up with two fingers (on either maps or satellite view).
    Just_Me_D likes this.
  17. #42  

    Default Re: New Maps

    When you initiate navigation, you will be placed in 3D mode. You will maintain 3D mode until you exit out of navigation mode. At least resistance that's how it is for me thus far. I couldn't find a 3D/2D option to toggle in the app or it's settings.
  18. #43  

    Default Re: New Maps

    Quote Originally Posted by lpelullo View Post
    With two fingers slide up on the map. This will give you the 3D view and the option to switch back to 2D will appear. When in 2D it doesn't show the option for 3D, though. For that you need to slide up with two fingers (on either maps or satellite view).
    Disregard my previous reply, and thank you for the instructions. It is appreciated.
  19. Thread AuthorThread Author   #44  
    Icyhot1966's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    574 Posts

    Default Re: New Maps

    It doesn't work for me. It only slides the map around ☹️
  20. #45  

    Default Re: New Maps

    Quote Originally Posted by Rockdog97 View Post
    so if you are holding your phone in one hand, you can double tap with two fingers to zoom out using the same hand you are holding the phone with? I realize I can double tap to zoom IN, but in order to zoom OUT you have to double tap with TWO fingers. I realize I didn't make that distinction in my previous post...
    Thanks for clearing that up and to answer your question, yes I can zoom out with one hand lol. I'm sure not many do but I'm a busy woman & I figured out how to work my 6s+ very efficiently with one hand. You can double tap with your thumb & index finger while holding the device with the other fingers
  21. #46  

    Default Re: New Maps

    Quote Originally Posted by Icyhot1966 View Post
    It doesn't work for me. It only slides the map around ☹️
    Place the two fingers side by side horizontally and then swipe upward.
  22. Thread AuthorThread Author   #47  
    Icyhot1966's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    574 Posts

    Default Re: New Maps

    I have 2 left thumbs lol but I finally got it to work. Thanks!
  23. #48  

    Default Re: New Maps

    Quote Originally Posted by Icyhot1966 View Post
    I have 2 left thumbs lol but I finally got it to work. Thanks!
    (Laughing)...
    You're very welcome
  24. #49  
    MrMars's Avatar
    iMore Pro

    Posts
    736 Posts

    Default Re: New Maps

    Is the ability to edit and rearrange your favorites now gone or am I overlooking it somewhere?
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-03-2016, 09:03 PM
  2. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 06-21-2016, 08:26 AM
  3. How can I transfer my iTunes gift balance to my new account?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-15-2016, 10:31 AM
  4. Is Swift Playground something someone new to app making can use?
    By iMore Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-15-2016, 10:26 AM
  5. iPhone 7 could sport new 'touch-sensitive' Home button
    By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-15-2016, 09:30 AM

Posting Permissions