iOS 10 Beta on a daily driver?

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I've setup "rest your finger to unlock" several times, it just will not work. Done everything I'm suppose to do, activated "raise to wake" and "rest your finger to unlock". I've reloaded IOS 10 three times now, no go. Don't know what else to do. I've sent report to Apple.

MessterHD

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
I've setup "rest your finger to unlock" several times, it just will not work. Done everything I'm suppose to do, activated "raise to wake" and "rest your finger to unlock". I've reloaded IOS 10 three times now, no go. Don't know what what to do. I've sent report to Apple.

What type of phone you have?

tharley46

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Well nuts, that didn't work either. Restored as new them installed IOS 10. Didn't work like that either. Guess I'll wait on next beta, maybe they'll fix it for everyone.

MessterHD

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
Raise to wake is working

25c93eea94d13de9cdc9295f7ade1c36.png
b7a3de0a42ef82a375bc6c8e11bf2a03.png

So these options are on also and still it's not working, right?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Why would need this when I can setup finger print to unlock iPhone with out raise to wake

Using the fingerprint on the newer iPhones worked so good it bypassed the lock screen. Many like to view the lock screen for weather and other notifications. Especially early morning wake up. So raise to wake affords the lock screen view, then when finished you can rest your finger on the home button to unlock.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Why would need this when I can setup finger print to unlock iPhone with out raise to wake

You can but you would still need to push the button. Many missed notifications because it was too fast.

Do you have fingerprints set and have them set to unlock the device? That with raise to wake should let the rest finger setting work.

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
What Nikki said! The phone has to be awake to use the rest to unlock. So when you raise to wake, read the notifications, then rest to unlock. Does that work?

Nope. I raise to wake, and lay my finger on the home button and nothing happens. Still makes me push the home button to unlock.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Nope. I raise to wake, and lay my finger on the home button and nothing happens. Still makes me push the home button to unlock.

So to recap:

• 6s, 6s Plus, or SE
  • Raise to wake enabled and working
  • Rest finger to unlock enabled
  • Touch ID enabled for unlocking with fingers registered

Using one of the fingers registered for Touch ID you're not getting the rest finger to open the phone without a press and the screen is already awake?

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
So to recap:

• 6s, 6s Plus, or SE
  • Raise to wake enabled and working
  • Rest finger to unlock enabled
  • Touch ID enabled for unlocking with fingers registered

Using one of the fingers registered for Touch ID you're not getting the rest finger to open the phone without a press and the screen is already awake?

6s and everything is enabled. Seems to be working again now, have seem to be getting some wonky bugs the last few days I didn't have before. Nothing groundbreaking, just reporting what I noticed. Still solid for this early of a beta.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
6s and everything is enabled. Seems to be working again now, have seem to be getting some wonky bugs the last few days I didn't have before. Nothing groundbreaking, just reporting what I noticed. Still solid for this early of a beta.

OK :) Haven't been having issues here, but glad yours is working!

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Mine failed a couple times. I went ahead and pushed to unlock, then shut it back off. Raised to wake, then it worked. It was only a couple times and have no clue why.

anon(9733642)

Nov 25, 2015
Visit site
I'm having an issue but haven't exactly been able to nail down for certain it's the beta itself. If I have my EarPods in and start a call, I can't hear anything. I have to tap the Speaker button and then and tap it again and then proceed with the call using the Apple EarPods. It works fine if I quickly switch back and forth but shouldn't need to.