iOS 10 Beta on a daily driver?

richxps

Jun 23, 2008
Visit site
Question once I go public beta and the final release is out and I uninstall the beta profile can I go back to normal updates ? Or will a full restore be needed ? Thanks all

iCricket

Jul 24, 2016
Visit site
I've been running ten for about two days. At first some hiccups but everything is fine once I did a factory reset after installing 10. The only problem I have is the "push to unlock". I don't like having to push the home key. I just want to lay my finger on it like I used to be able to and have it unlock. Is there a way to change this!?

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I've been running ten for about two days. At first some hiccups but everything is fine once I did a factory reset after installing 10. The only problem I have is the "push to unlock". I don't like having to push the home key. I just want to lay my finger on it like I used to be able to and have it unlock. Is there a way to change this!?

You used to have to slide to unlock. Look in Settings > General > Accessibility > scroll down to Home Button > Toggle on "rest finger to open".

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having issues with messages force closing on them? Beta was working fine, just started acting up today, not sure why.

Edit: Deleted one convo and now it seems to be working fine. Not sure why, but there's that lol.

Last edited:

phreddyl

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
Anyone having issues with messages force closing on them? Beta was working fine, just started acting up today, not sure why.

Edit: Deleted one convo and now it seems to be working fine. Not sure why, but there's that lol.

Mine did the same a few times. I chalked it up as a beta thing. Wasn't consistent.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

I just had that... kept closing, but I had also sent a few GIF files. Thought maybe I corrupted something. Restoring from last night's backup, just for grins.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Not yet...:)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Aug 17, 2011
Visit site
Ok another issue popped up within the past few days. Selected to allow the rest to unlock on touch ID, and still makes me push home to unlock. Submitted feedback to apple. Other than that still working well. Cant wait for beta 3.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Ok another issue popped up within the past few days. Selected to allow the rest to unlock on touch ID, and still makes me push home to unlock. Submitted feedback to apple. Other than that still working well. Cant wait for beta 3.

Is you screen awake when you try it? I haven't had any issues on dev beta 3. It works perfectly every time.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

What Nikki said! The phone has to be awake to use the rest to unlock. So when you raise to wake, read the notifications, then rest to unlock. Does that work?

MessterHD

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site
Yeah, true. Combination of raise to wake and rest to unlock must be activated if you want to use unlocking of the phone by touch instead of press.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, true. Combination of raise to wake and rest to unlock must be activated if you want to use unlocking of the phone by touch instead of press.

And raise to wake is only available on 6s, 6s Plus and the SE. Otherwise you need some sort of button press to wake the screen.

edit: added SE

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen