iOS 10 Beta on a daily driver?

fftaz336

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Be very careful. On my iPhone 6S, the mute feature does not work on calls. The icon lights up like it's muted, but the call does not mute. I have filed a bug report.

Icyhot1966

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
Your finger is already on the home button at that point so it doesn't seem like a huge inconvenience. Still, it would be nice not to have to push down if the phone is already woken up.

Well I don't use the fingerprint scanner but was willing to in lieu of pressing the home. What I found that may work better for me is raise it, swipe and tap one of the 8 suggested apps by Siri which hopefully is one of the ones I was wanting to open anyway lol

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
If the iPad supports 9.3 it supports 10. I'm baffled that my son's ancient iPad 2 is on the supported device list for iOS 10.

It is? That's probably the longest lifespan any iDevice has ever had. I thought only the iPad 4 was the last iPad out of the original line of iPads to get the update.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
It is? That's probably the longest lifespan any iDevice has ever had. I thought only the iPad 4 was the last iPad out of the original line of iPads to get the update.

Funny thing, I just double checked and Apple has since updated the list of support devices. iPad 2 is now gone. It was definitely there before; we were talking about it on another thread.

So, never mind :)

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Funny thing, I just double checked and Apple has since updated the list of support devices. iPad 2 is now gone. It was definitely there before; we were talking about it on another thread.

So, never mind :)

Yeah. The A5 chip devices lost support including my iPod Touch 5th generation. I suspect that A6 chip devices will lose support next year and then the 64bit chips should last a couple of years longer.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. The A5 chip devices lost support including my iPod Touch 5th generation. I suspect that A6 chip devices will lose support next year and then the 64bit chips should last a couple of years longer.

It's for the best. The iPad 2 barely runs iOS 9 as it is.

isuck

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
What's the difference between the Developer Beta release and the Public Beta that's soon to be released? Does the Public Version get "cleaned up" more?

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
What's the difference between the Developer Beta release and the Public Beta that's soon to be released? Does the Public Version get "cleaned up" more?

There aren't any public betas right now so no difference. Usually developer beta are released before public just in case there is a major issue to fix :)

isuck

Aug 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Robert. So I fully understand that running a beta on a daily driver is a bad idea. It sounds like the public beta may be relatively more stable than the developer beta. Does this also mean that the could be the same beta if there are no major issues prior to release of the public beta?

pmconaway

May 17, 2016
Visit site
Not exactly, when Apple releases the public beta it will be the same revision as the Developer beta. Both will be a newer version. All beta testers have the same version of the software.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Not exactly, when Apple releases the public beta it will be the same revision as the Developer beta. Both will be a newer version. All beta testers have the same version of the software.

Right

I use a beta on my daily driver but not the first beta like 10 is now. Once the public beta is out I'll put it on my daily phone.

Developer beta are typically out a day or two before the public beta, just in case there's a major glitch. But once the public beta is out, I wouldn't hesitate to put it on and enjoy it. Just know there may be a glitch or two. But there is a Feedback app that comes with it for reporting.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh