iOS 10 Beta on a daily driver?

ndogdrumz

Sep 13, 2012
Visit site
I had it for about 10 minutes, and instantly downgraded. I think by beta 3 or 4 it should be more stable for a daily driver device. I'm basing this on past betas.

Trooper27

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
Ran it for a day but downgraded. Main issue for aside what has been already mentioned above is app store and test flight updates issues. If it was not for that, I would have kept it.

Shawn Schrader

Jun 30, 2014
Visit site
I had it on my iPhone I dunno if it is because it's just iPhone 6. But if I scrolled a lot on Facebook Facebook would crash. This one app I use just find people on chat with ( social app ) if I let my phone go into standby mode well in chat it crash have restart app. The lockscreen example Facebook if try quick reply from lock screen it open box to but I'd also get notification of message again cause it to crash as well. Loved it but I downgraded never tried it on my iPad Air tho.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I had it on my iPhone I dunno if it is because it's just iPhone 6. But if I scrolled a lot on Facebook Facebook would crash. This one app I use just find people on chat with ( social app ) if I let my phone go into standby mode well in chat it crash have restart app. The lockscreen example Facebook if try quick reply from lock screen it open box to but I'd also get notification of message again cause it to crash as well. Loved it but I downgraded never tried it on my iPad Air tho.

Facebook is crashing quite a bit. You can't expect most 3rd party apps to run smoothly though, hopefully by the public beta release the big apps (like Facebook, Instagram, and the apps demoed in the keynote like skype and Uber) will be updated to fully support iOS 10!

Facebook has been hit or miss for me. If it does start crashing, I just open up fb in my safari browser and have no issues.

anon(5217265)

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
Using it as daily driver but on a backup device iPhone 6+ (also have an iPhone 6 with same exact stuff on it if beta gets hosed). So far, I 'd say it is a good 1st beta. There are some glitches of course. laggy here and there. Things don't open immediately sometimes. I have one where the jiggle mode comes on just by doing a quick tap. Just a few things that would be annoying to the average user. It is all subjective though. Depends on your tolerance for things beta.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I think this first beta is far more solid than the first beta of iOS 9. I really love it so far.

Except for the incidental resprings and Facebook quitting on me all the time everything works just fine.

I can't wait to upgrade my phone this fall and use iOS 10 to fullest extent.

gpo1956

Nov 18, 2011
Visit site
I've not had any problems on my 6 until today. My ringer has stopped ringing. I get the vibration, but no ring. Any ideas?

213ninja

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
installed on my daily driver 6s+ yesterday. ran it a full day so far and the only issues i've had are as follows:

FB randomly crashing
Dunkin Donuts app doesn't work
Phone gets a little warmer than usual when charging and using

Overall i'm pleasantly surprised at how well it runs.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
installed on my daily driver 6s+ yesterday. ran it a full day so far and the only issues i've had are as follows:

FB randomly crashing
Dunkin Donuts app doesn't work
Phone gets a little warmer than usual when charging and using

Overall i'm pleasantly surprised at how well it runs.

No Dunkin Donuts app? That's a non-negotiable! :)

Glad the beta is running well for you.

213ninja

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
No Dunkin Donuts app? That's a non-negotiable! :)

Glad the beta is running well for you.

lol i know right!! i was actually able to re-install the OG DD app and that is working. also, if you store your card in wallet/passport, you can use that for purchases.

it's just the new DD app doesn't display anything but a menu...no other pages load. and in defense of iOS 10, the new DD app has been sorta buggy for awhile...my wife hated it so much she reverted back to the original one.

Thanks!

Lux Redux

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
I installed iOS 10 developer beta 1 on an iPad Air 2. Unfortunately, a third-party app that I use multiple times per day crashes on launch. A quick run through every installed app shows that it's not the only thing to crash or hang, although all the first-party apps were superficially OK. (Music listed some recent additions twice, though.) So it was firmware recovery mode for me, to get back to a known-good state from a back-up. One lives and learns. I'll give the public beta a shot when that comes out.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gokox