iOS 10 Beta on a daily driver?

Jmendel815

Sep 6, 2012
Visit site
I've been using it without any problems except for the AppStore failing to let me access any apps, otherwise everything auto updates and all of my other apps work perfectly. I do however get notifications that some apps are not updated for the 64 bit processor.

Have you figured out a way around this yet? I've been trying and I can't update any of my apps lol

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
Have you figured out a way around this yet? I've been trying and I can't update any of my apps lol

I was going to restore my iPhone back to iOS 9.3.2 and then install the beta again, but it's too much of a hassle since my dad needed my and I was left with a really old one that's pretty slow. I might try it though since I was having issues with iOS before the beta.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Based on the previous responses it seems to be a pretty mixed bag. Holding off for the public beta because
1. I don't have a developer account.
2. I like to let you all iron out the big kinks first.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Not yet! I have it running pretty smoothly on my iPad Air (first gen), but I won't be downloading iOS 10 on my daily iPhone 6S+ until beta 3 or 4. Hopefully by then most major apps will have caught up with updates and the 64-bit issue won't be a problem

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
Running iOS 10 on my daily use phone and have not seen any issues so far. Lot of changes but seems to be pretty smooth for the most part.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Caution is always wise, I am not wise.

My experience with iPhone 6S and iPad Pro 9.7" has so far been very positive. It is without question the most stable and featured beta that I've ever run, especially in terms of third party app stability (all previous betas have nuked audio and video playback and many apps would crash on launch).

If you feel comfortable returning device to iOS 9.X via DFU mode and can take the risk you would need to start with a fresh install phone, and not have any information/data/content restored automatically and want to fiddle and play, go ahead.

Also a word of caution, we have seen (an I mean absolutely seen, confirmed in release notes) that any form of backup during the beta process, to iCloud or iTunes may not work. The result is that if you lost your hardware or needed to restore from a totally bricked device, you might not be able to use any backup created with iOS 10.

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Also a word of caution, we have seen (an I mean absolutely seen, confirmed in release notes) that any form of backup during the beta process, to iCloud or iTunes may not work. The result is that if you lost your hardware or needed to restore from a totally bricked device, you might not be able to use any backup created with iOS 10.

Thanks for the heads up. Definitely something to consider, especially if you're running the beta on your daily driver.

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site
Battery drain , app crashes , re springs .. You know good times .. I could downgrade but my watch is on beta also .. So that's a no go . I know my tech side got the best of me . So looks like I'm beta for the long haul

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I think I might actually pull the trigger and put the beta on my daily phone. I've been using it on my iPad since release and have had only minimal issues with all of my major apps working fine for the most part.

I have heard that the beta seems to be more stable on iPad though (and my iPad obviously doesn't have all of the 3DTouch stuff - or even touchID for that matter (first gen Air)), so I am still a bit reluctant...

ScouseYeti

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
I'm running it on my 6s +, Air 2 and Watch. The phone seems to have the most issues, random resprings, multitasking to switch betweens apps seems to freeze quite a bit for about 10 seconds a time. I've had app crashes but I take that as the apps havent had time to issue updates and probably wont for a while.

Overall it's useable on a daily basis for the most part, and besides, anyone who installs the beta knows what they are getting into

venabena

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site
So far everything has been working for me except I just see sometimes my folders disappear or the clock would vanish but once I restart my phone it comes back. Only happened a few times though. I'm using a iPhone 6.

syx6sic

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
The only issue I have had is when I make a call or get a call the other party can not hear me but I can hear them just fine

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro