iOS 10 Beta on a daily driver?

StikiGreenZ

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I was using it. I downgraded back to 9.3 last night due to too many bugs.

Bugs I noticed that rendered the phone useless:
- calendar appointment date/time cannot be set
- Facebook would not load
- overall phone was laggy
- poor battery life
- Asee app didn't work

ScouseYeti

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site
I've been running it since release day and it does seem to be settling down now, I did get a lot of resprings at first but maybe get one a day if that now. I did notice quite a few app updates yesterday but not sure if there was anything in them for the beta software. I do find the spotlight search takes a while to search your apps but thats the main thing I have found thats quite laggy now.

On a side, watch OS3 I have found the battery drains like crazy if you keep any apps 'open' in the dock, the watch is dead in like 6 hours. Since clearing the dock its pretty good, left the hotel at 05:30 and its now 14:55 and currrently at 84%

matt-cb

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
I've been running on my iPhone 5S since it was announced. So far it I'm loving it, and while it is a little glitchy it is usable. The only app that I found to be incompatible was the Dunkin Donuts app, which is bad because I had a coupon for a free drink XD

mg6035

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Just noticed something new that it wasn't doing earlier. Notifications coming down from the top are not going away on their own anymore. They did earlier. I can swipe them up and they go away, or when it goes to the lock screen they go away.

213ninja

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I've been running on my iPhone 5S since it was announced. So far it I'm loving it, and while it is a little glitchy it is usable. The only app that I found to be incompatible was the Dunkin Donuts app, which is bad because I had a coupon for a free drink XD

install the old DD app, that one is working for me.

hopefully they fix the new DD app soon tho.

drummerjb

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
Is anyone else experiencing any audio issues on iPad? I'm running it on my iPad Pro 9.7" and not getting audio through my headphones. Not complaining, as I knew exactly what I was getting into, just asking. Thanks!

UPDATE: After doing a Reset All Settings on my iPad, audio is now restored and working beautifully! Also, the new iOS 10 wallpaper finally showed up after doing this too. So, now I'm doing the same on my iPhone 6s+.

Last edited:

anon(27512)

Apr 26, 2010
Visit site
Have it on an iPhone that I can use as a daily driver but I sometimes put the sim in a galaxy s7 edge.

Usually it is pretty bug free but RAM management seems poor. Couple springboard crashes, unresponsive apps, screen won't respond to touch for awhile and then suddenly it will register every tap and button press at the same time (super annoying).

Might try wiping that phone tomorrow and starting fresh. I left my main line (iPhone 6Splus on Verizon) on 9.3.2 and I'm glad I did.

Prime Tambayong

Mar 11, 2015
Visit site
can't stop the urge right, yeah I installed it on my iphone 6 but i use that mainly as an ipod now, got a spare G4 to do camera and phone duties, otherwise the iphone does better in overcast and bluetooth, anyway some glitches here and there-not the smoothest but well it works better with lesser bugs than ios7 and ios8 out the gate. games run smoother than the G4 even, hearthstone, clash royale, sky force, so far so good.

drummerjb

Sep 14, 2014
Visit site
I am. I have an iPhone 6s 128GB AT&T, iPad Air 2 128GB AT&T, and an Apple TV 4 all running iOS 10 beta; along with an Apple Watch Sport on watchOS 3.0

Out of curiosity, are you a paying dev? Not wanting to "out" you, but just wondering if you had any issue getting watchOS3 on yours? I am, and looking for help on it. Side note: I have both Beta profiles installed (on phone running iOS 10) and my Watch App keeps telling me that my watchOS is up to date (2.2.1).

Aztek13

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I notice that the weather doesn't update my current location in the notification screen. I have to go to the weather app first.

mg6035

Jun 18, 2014
Visit site
Originally I had no problems at all with Facebook. Worked perfectly for several days. Now all of a sudden it is constantly locking up while scrolling and then crashes. I'm on an iPhone 6.

iknrisms

Aug 23, 2012
Visit site
Installed yesterday on my daily driver (6+) and not too bad. Animation lags, a few apps crash every now and then but nothing to render it unusable. However I am finding that a lot of features require force touch. But overall pretty stable first release so I'm sure next week will be even smoother.

Biggs91276

Jul 5, 2010
Visit site
Just recently install iOS 10 beta. My question is when iOS 10 beta 2 is released how will we be able to upgrade to it? Also what about when the public beta is released?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR