Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree149Likes
    iMore Newbie

Default Re: iOS 10 Beta on a daily driver?

Is anyone else experiencing any audio issues on iPad? I'm running it on my iPad Pro 9.7" and not getting audio through my headphones. Not complaining, as I knew exactly what I was getting into, just asking. Thanks!

UPDATE: After doing a Reset All Settings on my iPad, audio is now restored and working beautifully! Also, the new iOS 10 wallpaper finally showed up after doing this too. So, now I'm doing the same on my iPhone 6s+.
    Last edited by drummerjb; 06-21-2016 at 04:57 PM. Reason: Added an update
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    Is anyone using the iOS 10 beta on their daily driver? I know it's suggested you DON'T but I know some would try.
    I am. I have an iPhone 6s 128GB AT&T, iPad Air 2 128GB AT&T, and an Apple TV 4 all running iOS 10 beta; along with an Apple Watch Sport on watchOS 3.0
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

I've noticed the same thing. The send button also drops down and disappears if you type more than one line.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,577 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Aztek13 View Post
    I've noticed the same thing. The send button also drops down and disappears if you type more than one line.
    Yeah. I've noticed that too. It was a struggle.
    iMore Expert

Global Posts
    2,709 Global Posts

Have it on an iPhone that I can use as a daily driver but I sometimes put the sim in a galaxy s7 edge.

Usually it is pretty bug free but RAM management seems poor. Couple springboard crashes, unresponsive apps, screen won't respond to touch for awhile and then suddenly it will register every tap and button press at the same time (super annoying).

Might try wiping that phone tomorrow and starting fresh. I left my main line (iPhone 6Splus on Verizon) on 9.3.2 and I'm glad I did.

Just remember peeps it only gets better from here on out. Looking forward to improvements soon!
    nikkisharif likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    14,627 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by John Yester View Post
    Just remember peeps it only gets better from here on out. Looking forward to improvements soon!
    But remember, they usually break things as they fix things. So for the most part yes.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

can't stop the urge right, yeah I installed it on my iphone 6 but i use that mainly as an ipod now, got a spare G4 to do camera and phone duties, otherwise the iphone does better in overcast and bluetooth, anyway some glitches here and there-not the smoothest but well it works better with lesser bugs than ios7 and ios8 out the gate. games run smoother than the G4 even, hearthstone, clash royale, sky force, so far so good.
    iMore Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by jw154j View Post
    I am. I have an iPhone 6s 128GB AT&T, iPad Air 2 128GB AT&T, and an Apple TV 4 all running iOS 10 beta; along with an Apple Watch Sport on watchOS 3.0
    Out of curiosity, are you a paying dev? Not wanting to "out" you, but just wondering if you had any issue getting watchOS3 on yours? I am, and looking for help on it. Side note: I have both Beta profiles installed (on phone running iOS 10) and my Watch App keeps telling me that my watchOS is up to date (2.2.1).
    iMore Newbie

I'm waiting for the public beta also. I've been surprised at the stability of the beta when they release them.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

I notice that the weather doesn't update my current location in the notification screen. I have to go to the weather app first.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    662 Global Posts

Only issues with the beta - Facebook crashes and screen rotation at times
    lightning8888 likes this.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts

Originally I had no problems at all with Facebook. Worked perfectly for several days. Now all of a sudden it is constantly locking up while scrolling and then crashes. I'm on an iPhone 6.
    iMore Intermediate

Installed yesterday on my daily driver (6+) and not too bad. Animation lags, a few apps crash every now and then but nothing to render it unusable. However I am finding that a lot of features require force touch. But overall pretty stable first release so I'm sure next week will be even smoother.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Just recently install iOS 10 beta. My question is when iOS 10 beta 2 is released how will we be able to upgrade to it? Also what about when the public beta is released?

Depends on how you installed beta 1 the first time. If it was ota, beta 2 will be available OTA as well, if you installed it through ISPW, you can either install beta 2 the same way or install the profile for OTA updates required for betas over the air.
    iMore Beginner

Is the public beta out now? I am at iOS 9.3.3 but it says I'm up to date. Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by duckduckgoose View Post
    Is the public beta out now? I am at iOS 9.3.3 but it says I'm up to date. Anyone?
    The iOS 10 "public" beta has not yet been made available. Only the developer beta is available.
    iMore Beginner

I thought I read people on here talking about using iOS10 public beta? Guess I'm just getting fidgety waiting for the next beta

I thought I read people on here talking about using iOS10 public beta? Guess I'm just getting fidgety waiting for the next beta
    The public beta version of iOS 10 will be made available "in July". As of now, we cannot provide an exact date in July.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    50 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post
    Depends on how you installed beta 1 the first time. If it was ota, beta 2 will be available OTA as well, if you installed it through ISPW, you can either install beta 2 the same way or install the profile for OTA updates required for betas over the air.
    I downloaded the file and the phone reset and it was available through the ota Update
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    14,627 Global Posts

Public beta 1 should be ready the day after dev beta 3 releases.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    257 Global Posts

I have it on my iphone 6 and use it daily. Only issue i have had was a black screen using siri. I did a 2 button restart and all seems fine since then. All my apps are working fine with a few quirky visual things here or there like something off center or a black bar at top of screen but functionality is there.
    iMore Beginner

Not sure if this was mentioned, but if you're having problems with iOS 10 beta do a complete wipe. Go back to iOS 9 and redo the iOS 10 install. I was having the worst experience with iOS 10 and after the reinstall it's really smooth.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    662 Global Posts

How the fb
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast