Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree149Likes
    iMore Nanite

Default Re: iOS 10 Beta on a daily driver?

What I've seen:

Firefox stops behaving and I have to restart it, it works but all links have to be new tabs until a restart of the app.

The task switcher is glitched.

Apps update and install, no issues there.

I had audio issues with an app but using the control panel fixed that, volume button working again unknown as to what caused that.

Honestly this isn't bad for a daily driver so far. Installed it on a chicks iPhone 5s, I'll see if she has had major issues after a day.

Though I'm generally lucky with betas. Every iOS beta was smooth, even windows betas I've ran daily just fine so I'm keepin my fingers crossed. Hahaha
    iMore Nanite

I tried it on my iPhone 5s, and compared to last year's PUBLIC beta, it's way more stable.
  3. Thread AuthorThread Author   #103  

Quote Originally Posted by KpKomedy51 View Post
    I tried it on my iPhone 5s, and compared to last year's PUBLIC beta, it's way more stable.
    Good news for the first round of public. Seen some interesting reports though but plenty of time to resolve the major ones.
    iMore Nanite

Alright so I have been with iOS 10 since Saturday morning, so far it has been amazing battery is legit, the only thing that fails for me is Facebook and when I try looking up an app in the App Store it doesn't load, other than super smooth, maps are bit off and weird don't know how to explain. The notification banner does take longer then usual for it to go away. So far iOS 10 is amazing I think I'll be running it as a daily driver until pubic beta comes out, oh yea certain apps I can't download, but that's it.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    3,215 Global Posts

I use the windows insiders builds on my lumia phones and ill be using the beta for my iphone.

Is it easy for you to revert back to stable builds?

I do have it on my daily driver and iPad and it's almost flawless now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nogitsune Micah View Post
    I use the windows insiders builds on my lumia phones and ill be using the beta for my iphone.

Is it easy for you to revert back to stable builds?
    It's easy provided you have a 9.3.2 iCloud or iTunes backup to revert back to so you don't have to set up as new later on.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,581 Global Posts

It's time consuming as well if you have to download the iOS 9.3.x ipsw to restore back to. And if you have a large backup it could take some time as well, but all you you have to do is disable find my iPhone and press the restore button and iTunes will do the rest.

The only thing I hate is not being able to organize my notifications Other than that it's pretty good. Running it on my 6s Plus. The
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,581 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by nikkisharif View Post
    The only thing I hate is not being able to organize my notifications Other than that it's pretty good. Running it on my 6s Plus. The
    That should be an option in the notifications settings, but I'm glad I can delete my notifications all in one go. Although it would've been nice if force touch was implemented in such a way that all notifications could be cleared while also having them organized by app.

Quote Originally Posted by iOS Gravity View Post
    That should be an option in the notifications settings, but I'm glad I can delete my notifications all in one go. Although it would've been nice if force touch was implemented in such a way that all notifications could be cleared while also having them organized by app.
    Unfortunately that option is gone with the beta. I'm sure they'll put it back. Now that all of my notifications are together, I actually have to read some of them
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    14,630 Global Posts

I am on my 6s and 12.9 Pro. Only annoying thing is that my iPhone re-springs a couple of times a day. Other than that, it's decent for a beta 1. Lots of bugs for apple to fix though.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,581 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Garz View Post
    I am on my 6s and 12.9 Pro. Only annoying thing is that my iPhone re-springs a couple of times a day. Other than that, it's decent for a beta 1. Lots of bugs for apple to fix though.
    Anything close to a respring I had was when some native apps timed out and closed themselves. Starting from a newly restored version of iOS usually takes away some of the bugs as it did for me.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    14,630 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by iOS Gravity View Post
    Anything close to a respring I had was when some native apps timed out and closed themselves. Starting from a newly restored version of iOS usually takes away some of the bugs as it did for me.
    Yeah I've had many tell me the same thing so I know I'm not alone. I won't start fresh in hopes to solve a bug that I know that will be solved in future betas.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    482 Global Posts

I've had a few problems but it's excepted with a first beta. However, nothing to make it extreme enough to go back to iOS 9 yet. I have it on my 2nd ipad and i have macOS on my 2nd macbook. Not too many issues but I don't use them every day.
  16. Thread AuthorThread Author   #116  

Quote Originally Posted by TwitchyPuppy View Post
    I do have it on my daily driver and iPad and it's almost flawless now.
    What do you mean "now"? Didn't think there was another update.

Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    What do you mean "now"? Didn't think there was another update.
    There wasn't any. It just took a couple of days to settle down.
  18. Thread AuthorThread Author   #118  

Quote Originally Posted by TwitchyPuppy View Post
    There wasn't any. It just took a couple of days to settle down.
    Ahh, ok. Didn't know if it was something different you did, something happened, changed setting, etc. Seems like a mixed bag so far.
    iMore Nanite

My 10yr old son installed it day one. Made me proud and jealous that I hadn't done so yet. So I gave in. It's been surprisingly stable overall, and I haven't even had battery life issues yet. Previous BETA 1 releases would only last for a few days before I gave up. The only consistent issue I see with it is apps with built-in browsers don't always accept button presses after using a drop down. So if you have to enter a date from a drop down, the OK or submit button doesn't subsequently work. Sometimes there's a bit of a delay in screen touch sensitivity overall also. Closing pop-up adds in Safari has been an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    Ahh, ok. Didn't know if it was something different you did, something happened, changed setting, etc. Seems like a mixed bag so far.
    It only just settled in.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    253 Global Posts

I was using it. I downgraded back to 9.3 last night due to too many bugs.

Bugs I noticed that rendered the phone useless:
    - calendar appointment date/time cannot be set
    - Facebook would not load
    - overall phone was laggy
    - poor battery life
    - Asee app didn't work
    steve31 likes this.
    iMore Nanite

I've been running it since release day and it does seem to be settling down now, I did get a lot of resprings at first but maybe get one a day if that now. I did notice quite a few app updates yesterday but not sure if there was anything in them for the beta software. I do find the spotlight search takes a while to search your apps but thats the main thing I have found thats quite laggy now.

On a side, watch OS3 I have found the battery drains like crazy if you keep any apps 'open' in the dock, the watch is dead in like 6 hours. Since clearing the dock its pretty good, left the hotel at 05:30 and its now 14:55 and currrently at 84%
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    6 Global Posts

I've been running on my iPhone 5S since it was announced. So far it I'm loving it, and while it is a little glitchy it is usable. The only app that I found to be incompatible was the Dunkin Donuts app, which is bad because I had a coupon for a free drink XD
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    262 Global Posts

Just noticed something new that it wasn't doing earlier. Notifications coming down from the top are not going away on their own anymore. They did earlier. I can swipe them up and they go away, or when it goes to the lock screen they go away.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by matt-cb View Post
    I've been running on my iPhone 5S since it was announced. So far it I'm loving it, and while it is a little glitchy it is usable. The only app that I found to be incompatible was the Dunkin Donuts app, which is bad because I had a coupon for a free drink XD
    install the old DD app, that one is working for me.

hopefully they fix the new DD app soon tho.
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast