Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes
  1. Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  
    iMore Newbie

Default No Lyrics in Apple Music

Or is it just me?
    Community Manager

Global Posts
    5,970 Global Posts

Default Re: No Lyrics in Apple Music

Was it supposed to be 'available today' when the announced that feature? (don't remember)...

Wait till iOS 10 is officially released.
    If you're not patient enough do like me and google those lyrics and paste them manually in the songs in iTunes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post
    Wait till iOS 10 is officially released.
    If you're not patient enough do like me and google those lyrics and paste them manually in the songs in iTunes.
    Good to see you back, Yuk!
    Tartarus likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Some songs do come up with the option (scroll up) where lyrics should be (and currently aren't available), others don't seem to show this at all.

I even tried the same song they demonstrated the feature with just to see, also showing "Failed to load lyrics".

Something else to consider is that Apple likely has to address contractual access to the lyrics, as they may not be covered within the current rights (they are normally seperate IP).

No Lyrics in Apple Music-img_1099.jpg
    scruffypig likes this.
  6. Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  
    iMore Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by Bionicspyder View Post
    Or is it just me?
    I have to revise my previous observation. It appears to be hit and miss as to what songs show lyrics. Maybe Apple's lyrics hamsters are trying to catch up.
    Community Manager

Global Posts
    5,970 Global Posts

They had to stop... collaborate... and listen.

*sad trombone*
    DarkKnight08 and OZsMac like this.
    iMore Nanite

i have the same issue
    iMore Nanite

(This was probably posted to the wrong thread - this is not Apple Music related - rather, my music playing in the iOS Music app.)

Ok, iOS 10 is officially out, and NONE of my tracks (which ALL have lyrics, previously displayed in iOS 9) are displaying lyrics in the Music app.

... and I noticed something new in iTunes 12.5.1.21 ... when I look at a track's Lyrics tab in the info pane, there is a checkbox in the lower left for "Custom Lyrics":

No Lyrics in Apple Music-screenshot-2016-09-15-17.41.55.png

Same track playing on iPhone:

No Lyrics in Apple Music-img_0668.png
    Last edited by zenwaves; 09-15-2016 at 08:32 PM. Reason: adding iPhone screenshot of same track
    iMore Nanite

I had the same problem and called Apple after an hour on the phone I got the answer.

Plug your phone in and click on your phone and uncheck the box that tells you to sync songs. This will remove all your songs.

As soon as it don't check the box to reinstall your songs. Mine took 45 minutes but I have close to 6000 songs.

After it was done I had lyrics to all my songs.
    iMore Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by tryingtohelp View Post
    I had the same problem and called Apple after an hour on the phone I got the answer.

Plug your phone in and click on your phone and uncheck the box that tells you to sync songs. This will remove all your songs.

As soon as it don't check the box to reinstall your songs. Mine took 45 minutes but I have close to 6000 songs.

After it was done I had lyrics to all my songs.
    Thank you!!! That did the trick :-)
    iMore Pro

Global Posts
    867 Global Posts

Seems to be hit or miss. I have never plugged in this phone and have no songs downloaded however I don't get lyrics a lot of the times.

No rhyme or reason.

First of all, those songs must be matched to Apple's own music in order to find the right lyrics .
    If you have all metadata wrong or worse, completely empty, Apple will not be able to serve you the lyrics.

Secondly, there are billions of songs out there and Apple doesn't have the lyrics for all of them. If a song is popular enough, it will be provided with lyrics in due time.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    613 Global Posts

My experience has been that I see lyrics more often than not when I am streaming from Apple Music service. Not so much from my personal music library on the phone.
    iMore Nanite

I can't find where to un sync and re sync music. I subscribe to Apple Match, but not to Apple Music. Will this give me lyrics to songs in my library? If so, do I have to repeat this on iPad too?

Thanks

Susan

Quote Originally Posted by susanmmraz View Post
    I can't find where to un sync and re sync music.
    If I'm understanding you, simply go to Settings → Music, and then enable the toggle next to "iCloud Music Library".
    I subscribe to Apple Match, but not to Apple Music.
    You mean, "iTunes Match", right?
    Will this give me lyrics to songs in my library? If so, do I have to repeat this on iPad too?

Thanks

Susan
    I don't subscribe to iTunes Match so I'm not sure in regard to lyrics. I assume you can, but I do not know. Hopefully, members who do will reply soon.
    iMore Nanite

Not sure bout y'all who have been brave enough to let Apple's notoriously bad Cloud services mess with your music, but if you're doing a regular iPhone/iPad sync via iTunes, when you click on the device icon, clicking on the iPhone's Music field brings up this screen, where you can choose various music syncing options.

I know this path well, as every time I sync my iPhone, the lyrics disappear from the phone, and I have to uncheck, resync (removing all music from the phone), resync and check the box, so iTunes transfers all the tracks back again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails No Lyrics in Apple Music-itunes-device-sync-music-checkbox.png  
    iMore Beginner

I don't have an Apple Music Subscription but always purchase music from iTunes and never seen any lyrics for my purchased music. What's wrong?
    iMore Beginner

Ummm Any one?

Make sure cell data is enabled for music in Settings > Cellular Data and Settings > Music.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    613 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by italodance View Post
    Ummm Any one?
    Again, I'm pretty sure that lyrics only display when streaming from Apple Music. At least, that has been my experience. My music library, including music I've purchased from iTunes, do not display lyrics.
    italodance likes this.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    4 Global Posts

Actually, that's incorrect. Lyrics have always displayed on iOS devices for iTunes tracks, Long before iCloud music match or Apple Music - as long as the user had found a way to manually enter the lyrics for those tracks in their library. Music purchased via the iTunes Store has never has the lyrics in the tracks - you had to add them yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by diggity View Post
    Again, I'm pretty sure that lyrics only display when streaming from Apple Music. At least, that has been my experience. My music library, including music I've purchased from iTunes, do not display lyrics.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    613 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zenwave View Post
    Actually, that's incorrect. Lyrics have always displayed on iOS devices for iTunes tracks, Long before iCloud music match or Apple Music - as long as the user had found a way to manually enter the lyrics for those tracks in their library. Music purchased via the iTunes Store has never has the lyrics in the tracks - you had to add them yourself.
    True, but I was referring to the lyrics that display without having to set it up for yourself. These particular lyrics appear to be a part of the Apple Music service.
    iMore Pro

Default No Lyrics in Apple Music

So they don't automatically appear in the standalone music app, you have to subscribe to Apple Music?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    613 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Cook5 View Post
    So they don't automatically appear in the standalone music app, you have to subscribe to Apple Music?
    Correct. Unless you manually add the lyrics as described by one of the other posters in this thread.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast