No Lyrics in Apple Music

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Wait till iOS 10 is officially released.
If you're not patient enough do like me and google those lyrics and paste them manually in the songs in iTunes.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site
Some songs do come up with the option (scroll up) where lyrics should be (and currently aren't available), others don't seem to show this at all.

I even tried the same song they demonstrated the feature with just to see, also showing "Failed to load lyrics".

Something else to consider is that Apple likely has to address contractual access to the lyrics, as they may not be covered within the current rights (they are normally seperate IP).

IMG_1099.JPG

zenwaves

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
(This was probably posted to the wrong thread - this is not Apple Music related - rather, my music playing in the iOS Music app.)

Ok, iOS 10 is officially out, and NONE of my tracks (which ALL have lyrics, previously displayed in iOS 9) are displaying lyrics in the Music app.

... and I noticed something new in iTunes 12.5.1.21 ... when I look at a track's Lyrics tab in the info pane, there is a checkbox in the lower left for "Custom Lyrics":

Screenshot 2016-09-15 17.41.55.png

Same track playing on iPhone:

IMG_0668.PNG

Last edited:

tryingtohelp

Sep 18, 2016
Visit site
I had the same problem and called Apple after an hour on the phone I got the answer.

Plug your phone in and click on your phone and uncheck the box that tells you to sync songs. This will remove all your songs.

As soon as it don't check the box to reinstall your songs. Mine took 45 minutes but I have close to 6000 songs.

After it was done I had lyrics to all my songs.

zenwaves

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I had the same problem and called Apple after an hour on the phone I got the answer.

Plug your phone in and click on your phone and uncheck the box that tells you to sync songs. This will remove all your songs.

As soon as it don't check the box to reinstall your songs. Mine took 45 minutes but I have close to 6000 songs.

After it was done I had lyrics to all my songs.

Thank you!!! That did the trick :)

Ringfinger

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
Seems to be hit or miss. I have never plugged in this phone and have no songs downloaded however I don't get lyrics a lot of the times.

No rhyme or reason.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
First of all, those songs must be matched to Apple's own music in order to find the right lyrics .
If you have all metadata wrong or worse, completely empty, Apple will not be able to serve you the lyrics.

Secondly, there are billions of songs out there and Apple doesn't have the lyrics for all of them. If a song is popular enough, it will be provided with lyrics in due time.

anon(39328)

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
My experience has been that I see lyrics more often than not when I am streaming from Apple Music service. Not so much from my personal music library on the phone.

susanmmraz

Oct 8, 2016
Visit site
I can't find where to un sync and re sync music. I subscribe to Apple Match, but not to Apple Music. Will this give me lyrics to songs in my library? If so, do I have to repeat this on iPad too?

Thanks

Susan

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
I can't find where to un sync and re sync music.
If I'm understanding you, simply go to Settings → Music, and then enable the toggle next to "iCloud Music Library".
I subscribe to Apple Match, but not to Apple Music.
You mean, "iTunes Match", right?
Will this give me lyrics to songs in my library? If so, do I have to repeat this on iPad too?

Thanks

Susan
I don't subscribe to iTunes Match so I'm not sure in regard to lyrics. I assume you can, but I do not know. Hopefully, members who do will reply soon.

zenwaves

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Not sure bout y'all who have been brave enough to let Apple's notoriously bad Cloud services mess with your music, but if you're doing a regular iPhone/iPad sync via iTunes, when you click on the device icon, clicking on the iPhone's Music field brings up this screen, where you can choose various music syncing options.

I know this path well, as every time I sync my iPhone, the lyrics disappear from the phone, and I have to uncheck, resync (removing all music from the phone), resync and check the box, so iTunes transfers all the tracks back again.

Attachments

• iTunes - Device - Sync Music Checkbox.png
    iTunes - Device - Sync Music Checkbox.png
    84.8 KB · Views: 12

italodance

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
I don't have an Apple Music Subscription but always purchase music from iTunes and never seen any lyrics for my purchased music. What's wrong?

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
INTERNET BUNDLE NOW