Will iOS 10 finally get you to use 3D Touch?

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
The WWDC keynote highlighted some awesome new 3D Touch functionality, especially from the lock screen. Do you use 3D Touch already? If not, will the new functionality finally get you to use it?

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I use 3D Touch pretty frequently on my 6S+ and I assume I'll continue to use it even more when I load ios10 on my iPhone!

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
I use 3D Touch pretty frequently on my 6S+ and I assume I'll continue to use it even more when I load ios10 on my iPhone!

My sentiments exactly. I use 3D Touch daily as it stands today. Obviously Apple is still supporting the feature and wants us to use it more.

AustinIllini

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
I will use it a lot more, I think. For instance, 3D touching a folder breaks down your notifications by apps.

There just needs to be a lot more adoption in apps and people will get used to it.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
I will at first to check it out. But will probably slack off down the road. There may be a few I'll use. But most will still not save me time.

twinlight

May 25, 2015
Visit site
I only have the 6 plus and when the 6S came the 3Dtouch was a joke. Now its being refined and really has some uses on the homescreen so it might even make me upgrade. I'll probably wait for the new one though...

steve_w_7

Feb 19, 2015
Visit site
I absolutely will. I was pretty unimpressed with 3D touch when they first rolled it out. It's obvious, to me at least, that iOS10 is what 3D touch was developed for. I think there will be a time in the not too distant future where actually opening an app will seem so 2016.

mj0

Aug 28, 2015
Visit site
My wife has had an iPhone 6s from day one and I've showed her what 3D-Touch was but she hasn't used it once since. Whenever I use her phone I never use it either - it seems unnatural for me to press harder on a display / touch device. Most people outside the geekiverse don't care for it either as far as I was able to observe.

mumfoau

Ambassador
Nov 6, 2011
Visit site
I use it daily for sending tweets, checking battery stats quickly and on the keyboard. With iOS 10, I'll definitely be using it more!

Rob Phillips

Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
My wife has had an iPhone 6s from day one and I've showed her what 3D-Touch was but she hasn't used it once since. Whenever I use her phone I never use it either - it seems unnatural for me to press harder on a display / touch device. Most people outside the geekiverse don't care for it either as far as I was able to observe.

I use it pretty regularly but I'm part of the "geekiverse".
My wife doesn't use 3D Touch at all on her 6s. Then again, she doesn't use TouchID either.

winters07

Dec 6, 2015
Visit site
Find it strange that IOS 10 pushes 3d touch YET the most recently released SE don't have 3d touch.

Additionally, 3d touch can be difficult for older hands and those with accessibility issues -- in fact, most turn it off.

Chuck_IV

Apr 12, 2016
Visit site
About the only use I can see is being able to delete all notifications in one shot(if it will do this). Otherwise I just forget about it being there.

Ultimately, it would have to offer a function that I can't do any other way for me to use it.

Annie_M

Mar 2, 2016
Visit site
I'm very curious to see exactly what benefits will come from using 3D more frequently, and I will probably use it more... at least initially.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR