Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree31Likes

Default Re: Raise to wake

Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    I'm seeing rumors now the new home button will be Force Touch. Should be interesting what they do with it. Maybe it's not a physical button anymore, but you force touch to open We'll see.
    That's a nice rumor!

So far what I'm hearing about the home button, I don't like, but it's not even close to make me give up my iPhone
    mumfoau likes this.

Default Raise to wake

Quote Originally Posted by Spencerdl View Post
    So far what I'm hearing about the home button, I don't like, but it's not even close to make me give up my iPhone
    Like what? Removing the physical button in lieu of a spot to Force Touch would be cool. Or KOOL, even!

Like what? Removing the physical button in lieu of a spot to Force Touch would be cool. Or KOOL, even!
    Yes, and I predict iPhone 8 will have such features. You heard it hear first. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Spencerdl View Post
    Yes, and I predict iPhone 8 will have such features. You heard it hear first. LOL
    Umm, no. You heard it on my post first! Don't steal my stuff.
    Spencerdl likes this.

Umm, no. You heard it on my post first! Don't steal my stuff.
    LOL

I'm seeing rumors now the new home button will be Force Touch. Should be interesting what they do with it. Maybe it's not a physical button anymore, but you force touch to open We'll see.
    That would be perfect...the clicking is deafening I'm very tempted to go back to 9.
    Spencerdl likes this.

So I thought raise to wake would be convenient while traveling since my boarding pass always displays on my lock screen but it's horrible. As soon as I turn the phone so I can scan the boarding pass, the screens cuts off. I had to unlock my phone & open wallet in order for the screen to stay lit long enough to scan. Hopefully this gets corrected with the release this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by nikkisharif View Post
    So I thought raise to wake would be convenient while traveling since my boarding pass always displays on my lock screen but it's horrible. As soon as I turn the phone so I can scan the boarding pass, the screens cuts off. I had to unlock my phone & open wallet in order for the screen to stay lit long enough to scan. Hopefully this gets corrected with the release this fall.
    Feedback!
    iMore Nanite

Yep. Raise-to-Wake requires the m9 motion coprocessor only found on the SE/6s/6s-plus/7/7plus. Could it have been enabled on 6/6plus? Probably. But it would have killed hour battery continually monitoring motion in a non-power efficient manner.
    iMore Pro

Quote Originally Posted by leemikes View Post
    Yep. Raise-to-Wake requires the m9 motion coprocessor only found on the SE/6s/6s-plus/7/7plus. Could it have been enabled on 6/6plus? Probably. But it would have killed hour battery continually monitoring motion in a non-power efficient manner.
    the thread clearly was created at the time of the beta release...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123