Works on my 6s. No negative battery effects so far. Running iOS 10 for 3 days now
    06-17-2016 04:55 AM
    I would love the tap to wake feature that LG has on their devices. When I switched my G4 for the iPhone I was tapping my screen for months lol.
    mariusfilip likes this.
    06-17-2016 08:53 AM
    Cool feature. I think will be firstly available for older devices via jb
    06-21-2016 11:06 AM
    Cool feature. I think will be firstly available for older devices via jb
    Or on BlackBerry 10 before that
    TurboTiger likes this.
    06-21-2016 01:24 PM
    It turns on way to often. Just a slight raise or even carrying the phone....
    Yes...it's pretty annoying at times.
    06-23-2016 07:24 PM
    Cool feature but will turn off as soon as I upgrade OS. With touch ID being so fast, I don't see the purpose.
    BTW....it's not like it was. You have to press the home button to unlock. Hopefully that will change because I hate that darn clicking
    mumfoau likes this.
    06-23-2016 07:26 PM
    BTW....it's not like it was. You have to press the home button to unlock. Hopefully that will change because I hate that darn clicking
    Well that's dumb. Hopefully Apple receives enough feedback to change that by the public beta.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    06-23-2016 10:03 PM
    Battery eater !
    06-24-2016 07:24 AM
    Yeah, the current unlock process is horrible. If you don't have raise to wake enabled, you have to first click to get to the widget screen, then you have to click again to go to the homescreen. With the raise to wake enabled it is only one click, but it is still horribly intuitive. Also, why in the heck does the clock need to take up 1/3 of the widget screen. If you want the lock-screen widgets to be useful then don't obscure 1/3 of them with a giant digital clock.
    06-24-2016 12:40 PM
    Yeah, the current unlock process is horrible. If you don't have raise to wake enabled, you have to first click to get to the widget screen, then you have to click again to go to the homescreen. With the raise to wake enabled it is only one click, but it is still horribly intuitive. Also, why in the heck does the clock need to take up 1/3 of the widget screen. If you want the lock-screen widgets to be useful then don't obscure 1/3 of them with a giant digital clock.
    I can't stand the unlock process. It makes me not want to use Touch ID. Maybe one day Apple will allow the lock screen clock to be adjusted in settings. Personally I like it large but I know several people that hate it.
    06-25-2016 05:24 AM
    So I can't just raise to wake then use Touch ID to get into the phone?
    06-25-2016 05:38 AM
    So I can't just raise to wake then use Touch ID to get into the phone?
    You can use it but you have to actually press the home button. I think so many people complained about it being too fast, which made them add this stupid feature
    06-25-2016 08:01 AM
    I think raise to wake as a feature is useful. But, when it's awake from being raised, simply putting my finger on the home button should unlock the phone. No press should be required.

My opinion though
    Last edited by mumfoau; 06-25-2016 at 09:41 PM.
    TurboTiger and nikkisharif like this.
    06-25-2016 09:22 AM
    You can use it but you have to actually press the home button. I think so many people complained about it being too fast, which made them add this stupid feature
    Heh, yes, in this respect Apple is definitely becoming more like Samsung (not a good thing). Consumers are lazy and fickle. They don't want to learn anything new so Apple reacting to every feeling of dissent is not a good thing. Use the darn power button on the side people. It's not that hard. Instead we get this awful behavior.
    nikkisharif likes this.
    06-25-2016 03:32 PM
    Cool feature but will turn off as soon as I upgrade OS. With touch ID being so fast, I don't see the purpose.
    That's the point of it. TouchID is too fast and people can't read the notifications that are there. Raise to wake displays them without inadvertently unlocking the phone first.
    mumfoau likes this.
    06-25-2016 03:39 PM
    I think raise to wake as a feature is useful. But, when it's awake from being raise, simply putting my finger on the home button should unlock the phone. No press should be required.

My opinion though
    100% agreed
    06-25-2016 08:45 PM
    I think raise to wake as a feature is useful. But, when it's awake from being raise, simply putting my finger on the home button should unlock the phone. No press should be required.

My opinion though
    That make sense to me.
    Good Luck
    mumfoau likes this.
    06-25-2016 09:11 PM
    So what happens if your home button breaks? Can you place your finger on Touch ID and then use assistive touch home button to open the phone instead of the physical home button if it is broke?
    06-26-2016 06:20 AM
    I think raise to wake as a feature is useful. But, when it's awake from being raised, simply putting my finger on the home button should unlock the phone. No press should be required.

My opinion though
    I totally agree....I just hope we get this when iOS 10 is released.

Heh, yes, in this respect Apple is definitely becoming more like Samsung (not a good thing). Consumers are lazy and fickle. They don't want to learn anything new so Apple reacting to every feeling of dissent is not a good thing. Use the darn power button on the side people. It's not that hard. Instead we get this awful behavior.
    Agreed!!! I thought it was really fast too but after a couple of times, I used the power button to see notifications on my lock screen. This wasn't even something that should have been reported to apple & they shouldn't have changed the way we use Touch ID...I really hope they change it back.
    mumfoau and dejanh like this.
    06-26-2016 08:45 AM
    I've come to realize that during change (anything), there is always somethings I'm going to like and somethings I'm not going to like. The question is ...is it's to much change for my liking or disliking for me to move along.
    I say bring on iOS 10 and let me have my new iPhone
    mumfoau and nikkisharif like this.
    06-26-2016 09:25 AM
    I've come to realize that during change (anything), there is always somethings I'm going to like and somethings I'm not going to like. The question is ...is it's to much change for my liking or disliking for me to move along.
    I say bring on iOS 10 and let me have my new iPhone
    ^this.........but I still hate pressing the home button LOL
    Spencerdl likes this.
    06-27-2016 10:20 PM
    True. But Apple changed the Touch ID functionality by implementing pressing down the home button to unlock your phone now because people were complaining about Touch ID being to fast
    06-28-2016 03:45 AM
    True. But Apple changed the Touch ID functionality by implementing pressing down the home button to unlock your phone now because people were complaining about Touch ID being to fast
    That's how it's always been. If the screen isn't awake, Touch ID won't unlock the phone. You have to press the home button or the sleep/wake button either way. With raise to wake, though, it would seem logical to allow Touch ID to work when the screen wakes... maybe a toggle in settings for those who understand having their finger on the home button will unlock, vs having to press.
    mumfoau likes this.
    06-28-2016 06:40 AM
    That's how it's always been. If the screen isn't awake, Touch ID won't unlock the phone. You have to press the home button or the sleep/wake button either way. With raise to wake, though, it would seem logical to allow Touch ID to work when the screen wakes... maybe a toggle in settings for those who understand having their finger on the home button will unlock, vs having to press.
    I use to open my phone when a notification came through or press the sleep/wake button. I hate that clicking of the home button reminds me of those irritating keyboard clicks
    06-28-2016 10:40 PM
    I use to open my phone when a notification came through or press the sleep/wake button. I hate that clicking of the home button reminds me of those irritating keyboard clicks
    I'm seeing rumors now the new home button will be Force Touch. Should be interesting what they do with it. Maybe it's not a physical button anymore, but you force touch to open We'll see.
    mumfoau and nikkisharif like this.
    06-29-2016 04:56 AM
61 123