iOS 10 Dev GM is Live

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 10 Dev Beta 8 is Live

Just adding the the other responses, my process when the GA comes out is typically to start from scratch & setup my phone as new. Yes it's a bit of a pain, but you just never know what oddness has gone on inside your phone during the Upgrade from v9 to Beta 10 (and then each beta install). It's probably not required, but also has the added benefit that your phone will feel faster and you get to see any changes in the initial setup process.

Hope you are enjoying iOS 10 :)

Same here, and I've been doing that for years...:)

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I usually just pile it on, but will probably start fresh with this one, just because. Especially if I get a new phone ;)

I hear you. I'll get the new iPhone but it'll probably be a week or two after it goes on sale. I highly doubt I'll be staying up until 3 A.M. EST for pre-orders, and I'm definitely not waiting in a mile long line for it...

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

I usually just pile it on, but will probably start fresh with this one, just because. Especially if I get a new phone ;)

I always start fresh with a new device but I definitely pile on the updates with my old phone lol

I hear you. I'll get the new iPhone but it'll probably be a week or two after it goes on sale. I highly doubt I'll be staying up until 3 A.M. EST for pre-orders, and I'm definitely not waiting in a mile long line for it...

I'll be getting the new one but I'm not staying up either. I'll wait until I can get one normally......I say this mess now until they announce it then I'll be up all night

BradKamin

Jun 25, 2015
Visit site

I will be preordering it's been a tradition since the iPhone when to Verizon something I look forward to every year. Have my Spigen case preorder as well.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site

Most people are on One year contracts and as avble to complete this process unlike in years past the user would h ave to wait till the device is paid off.

Jeff Kirsch

Aug 24, 2016
Visit site

Hi all - when I'm on a call with the screen locked, and a text comes through, I hear a notification sound (or vibration), but the message doesn't appear on my screen. Anyone else having the same issue? I've checked all the settings and can't figure this out.

Thanks!

mbar9607

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site

Hi all - when I'm on a call with the screen locked, and a text comes through, I hear a notification sound (or vibration), but the message doesn't appear on my screen. Anyone else having the same issue? I've checked all the settings and can't figure this out.

Thanks!

i have it happen all the time

Noble Ekuma1

Aug 1, 2016
Visit site

Notes enables you to start a collaborative ?document?, and Maps is supposed to be more helpful, suggesting places to visit during your commute. Apple also added new widgets ? that look a lot like Android, and Home was introduced as a new app to help you control all your intelligent appliances. News and Music saw the most ?radical? change. Typography is displayed more prominently throughout both apps, and Music has an entirely new layout, one that I?m not sure I like. The ?Playing? section is sidelined to the right on the iPad and resembles a pop-up window. ?For You? is not the same useful feature it used to be; I miss refreshing the page to get playlists based on the day or mood. Apple?s new iOS 10 brings a set of sections with no upgrade option to get a new list of recommendations. I enjoyed Music?s Lyrics tab that renders MusixMatch and other similar apps useless. (Apple loves destroying thirds party services by offering the same functionality right into its native apps.) Oh, did I forget to mention app folders has a news animation? Tap on a folder and it will pop up to the centre of the screen while the background is blurred.

nikkisharif

Ambassador
Jun 2, 2011
Visit site

Thanks!

i have it happen all the time

It doesn't appear because you aren't on the lock screen. The screen displayed while on a call is the phone app not lock screen. If you're on speaker and have the phone unlocked you'll end up seeing the banner or whatever notification you have set up. Hope this helps!

mbar9607

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site

It doesn't appear because you aren't on the lock screen. The screen displayed while on a call is the phone app not lock screen. If you're on speaker and have the phone unlocked you'll end up seeing the banner or whatever notification you have set up. Hope this helps!

it never bothered me, i just figure i'd deal with it after the phone call anyways

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

it never bothered me, i just figure i'd deal with it after the phone call anyways

Yup. You can always press the home button to go to the main screen and view the text ifyou need to.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

Apple Pay and Rest Finger to Open.

My preference is to enable Rest Finger to Open, so I can just pick-up my iPhone with my finger on the home button to unlock (no physically press). The only challenge with this is using Apple Pay, as when I double click from the locked home screen, the phone unlocks and I can't summon Apple Pay.

My work around is to just use my fingernail or a non registered finger to double click, anything else I'm missing?

Ago5tino

Aug 31, 2015
Visit site

Maybe I don't understand, but you don't need to double click to use Apple Pay? Just rest your finger on the Touch ID sensor, and place the phone close to the payment terminal?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73