iOS 10 Dev GM is Live

Jumpman89

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
re: iOS 10 Dev Beta 8 is Live

Running smooth other than some CarPlay glitches. Was wondering if "dark mode" is ever going to make an appearance. With 7 builds out already, it seems like it may not be coming with iOS 10.

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Running smooth other than some CarPlay glitches. Was wondering if "dark mode" is ever going to make an appearance. With 7 builds out already, it seems like it may not be coming with iOS 10.

I don't think there was ever intent for a system wide dark theme. Only a few stock apps. The 2 shown in reports were the clock app and messages. We got the clock app. I'm still hopeful for messages. That may come with the GM. Or they may have nixed it until next year.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

Installing now, I was also curious about voicemail transcription, so checked the release notes. Sorry if this was already widely known, however it appears this only works if you have Siri set to English United States or Canada).

Once my OTA install is completed, I'm going to change language and test.

"Voicemail transcription (beta) is available on iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, and iPhone SE with Siri language set to English (United States or Canada)."

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

After setting my language to English USA or Canada, I can confirm that voicemail transcription now works for me in Australia. You can set the accent to whatever country you like, just as long as you change the main Siri language. Not sure what else will break as a result, but this is something I've been waiting for, as I get far too many voicemails (work stuff).

PS - Dev Beta 7 running on iPad Pro and iPhone 6S, no issues at all so far.

Jumpman89

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site

I don't think there was ever intent for a system wide dark theme. Only a few stock apps. The 2 shown in reports were the clock app and messages. We got the clock app. I'm still hopeful for messages. That may come with the GM. Or they may have nixed it until next year.

A system-wide dark theme is all we are missing ! :)

appleplayboy

Aug 20, 2016
Visit site

Hey.... I'm playing around with iOS beta.7
So far I haven't had any problems with it in regards to apps not opening and the phone over all just shutting down. Every time a new beta profile comes out... it seems to work more smoothly. I honestly wouldn't be afraid to Download and install ios10. I use the iPhone 6s (ios10 installed) as my main phone.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

You don't seem to ever have issues that others do. How do you avoid them?
I set my device up as new every few months or so. I'll do it again when iOS 10 is officially released. I've been doing that for years, and have no doubt about it being the reason.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

I've not experienced that thus far, and hopefully, I won't.

You don't seem to ever have issues that others do. How do you avoid them?

I set my device up as new every few months or so. I'll do it again when iOS 10 is officially released. I've been doing that for years, and have no doubt about it being the reason.

I rarely have most of the issues others have as well, and I do not set up my phone as new with any frequency. OTA all day.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

I rarely have most of the issues others have as well, and I do not set up my phone as new with any frequency. OTA all day.

I haven't set my device up as new maybe in a few years. My wife has never set hers up as new and she has an iPhone since the 3G launch in 2008.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

I haven't set my device up as new maybe in a few years. My wife has never set hers up as new and she has an iPhone since the 3G launch in 2008.
I'm also one of those people who goes through each and every device and app setting, and making changes where I see fit. With the exception of a few games, if an app doesn't get used much, it gets booted from my device....:)

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2