iOS 10 Dev GM is Live

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Re: iOS 10 Dev Beta 2 is Live

I have been having volume issues also. volumes all over the place up and down. Also noticed while playing music when i adjust volume with side button it no longer shows volume indicator on the screen

That's not a bug, it's a feature , I hope.

Vinu Jacob

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site

After installing Beta 2, I now have the feedback assistant app. BUT, when I sign in, I get the attached message. When I hit ok, I am sent back to the log in screen. I have my device and Apple ID registered as a developer.
View attachment 108789

I believe what the app is saying, as I read it, since I am in the same boat, is that this feedback app is now intended for the public betas.. the developers need to use the developer feedback system which is on the developer site to provide feedback. If you do register for this particular app, you will notice that the focus is on the publicly available betas only, and have no reference to iOS 10.

Volcom45

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site

So with the public beta being released today, I wonder if it's identical to the beta 2 developer version from Tues? or if they've fixed any of the issues in it?

L0cke

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site

So with the public beta being released today, I wonder if it's identical to the beta 2 developer version from Tues? or if they've fixed any of the issues in it?

I'd like to know this too. Is one ahead of the other and will the Dev one stop receiving updates at some point?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

I'd like to know this too. Is one ahead of the other and will the Dev one stop receiving updates at some point?

Public betas and dev betas run concurrently, dev betas and public betas are identical builds. If dev or public were to stop receiving updates it would be public.

kch50428

Oct 22, 2010
Visit site

Build numbers for these releases are both the same... however, historically sometimes build numbers have been different - they're functionally the same.

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site
iOS 10 Dev Beta 2 is Live

I believe what the app is saying, as I read it, since I am in the same boat, is that this feedback app is now intended for the public betas.. the developers need to use the developer feedback system which is on the developer site to provide feedback. If you do register for this particular app, you will notice that the focus is on the publicly available betas only, and have no reference to iOS 10.

I was part of Public Betas before a Developer and it works for me but that is correct. However the feedback app is still showing the incorrect iOS anyway so not much benefit there as of yet. It is a lot easier to use than the bugs site as far as getting crash logs etc. I wish they would make a app for the Developer betas.

Correction: Feedback App now shows iOS 10 and gives a option to choose between iOS 9 Beta and iOS 10 Beta.ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1467916333.657913.jpg
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1467916124.828932.jpg

Last edited:

Volcom45

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site

Anyone finding that since beta 2 on both iPhone and watchOS, your watch faces in the watch app are not in line with the ones that you have on the watch? It's like they aren't syncing anymore for me, and it reset the ones on my watch to some defaults.. still shows my old favs though in the app. Have rebooted, hard closed watch app, etc. Just wondering if anyone else has ran into this and has found a solution?

lpelullo

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

On Beta 1 my Facebook worked fine, but since updating to Beta 2 it won't open or if it does, it only lasts a minute or two before crashing. Am I alone in this?

piranhadonna

Nov 14, 2010
Visit site

On Beta 1 my Facebook worked fine, but since updating to Beta 2 it won't open or if it does, it only lasts a minute or two before crashing. Am I alone in this?

My facebook was actually working fine until this morning on beta 2 and I updated on the day beta 2 came out. Haven't been able to get on Facebook for the past couple of hours because of it crashing as soon as it loads.

Update- just checked the App Store to see if maybe Facebook had an update and it did it automatically. There is an update that just finished loading and now Facebook is working fine.

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

My facebook was actually working fine until this morning on beta 2 and I updated on the day beta 2 came out. Haven't been able to get on Facebook for the past couple of hours because of it crashing as soon as it loads.

Even after update of FB last night?

lpelullo

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

lol I just updated it and now works fine.

I just checked the App Store and yeah, I have an update for Facebook, too. Now the issue is that I'm not on wifi and all of my updates started downloading on their own when I opened the App Store?!?! I checked and I have "use cellular data" switched off! It's all the same settings and pre-Beta and it never would download anything on cellular data unless I initiated it manually. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1467917808.963737.jpg

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site

I just checked the App Store and yeah, I have an update for Facebook, too. Now the issue is that I'm not on wifi and all of my updates started downloading on their own when I opened the App Store?!?! I checked and I have "use cellular data" switched off! It's all the same settings and pre-Beta and it never would download anything on cellular data unless I initiated it manually. View attachment 108879

possibly a bug to report. I would turn auto update OFF on the updates to see if that helps. That way you can pick and choose what updates and when you want them to install

Vinu Jacob

Jul 5, 2016
Visit site

I noticed this yesterday, but did not have time to investigate it until now, but, if you open up your mail app, and then hit the home button, you get a blank screen which displays your wallpaper with no icons. Not 100% consistent, but happens often.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Anyone finding that since beta 2 on both iPhone and watchOS, your watch faces in the watch app are not in line with the ones that you have on the watch? It's like they aren't syncing anymore for me, and it reset the ones on my watch to some defaults.. still shows my old favs though in the app. Have rebooted, hard closed watch app, etc. Just wondering if anyone else has ran into this and has found a solution?
In the Watch app, the first 2 faces are the Activity Digital and the Activity Analog. With the exception of those two, the rest are in line / in order with what I have on my Watch.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen