iOS 10 Dev GM is Live

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
re: iOS 10 Dev Beta 2 is Live

I just hate to go without my watch for awhile because I was crazy and updated my watch to watchOS 3. I am so confused on what to do.

I read so many horror stories about having to send your watch out to have it rolled back, that I never considered updating mine to the beta.

miketko

Oct 28, 2011
Visit site

I read so many horror stories about having to send your watch out to have it rolled back, that I never considered updating mine to the beta.

This happened to me with watchos2 beta. Weirdly enough I decided to download watch os3 and it's been great so far with the exception of battery life not being as great.

L0cke

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site

What are the general differences between the Dev and Public betas? I.e. will the first Public beta be more finished than the Dev beta 2?

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

What are the general differences between the Dev and Public betas? I.e. will the first Public beta be more finished than the Dev beta 2?

Well, generally, there are exactly zero differences in the software. The only exception being the public beta has the feedback app whereas dev's have to use the feedback tool online.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

The public beta is usually posted after a few rounds with the developers. At that point, as the post above mine says, they will be pretty much the same thing.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Difference is devs most times get it a day before the public to ensure no major install issues and ect before its given to the general public.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Never heard of anybody ever bricking their phone on a beta. And yes they are easily downgradable.

Neither have I, but it was a good time to remind people that things will not always work correctly while running a beta.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

@Just_Me_D a timely reminder for us all, even those who have been through a number of beta cycles in the past. iOS 7 was a specific example of a beta program where you just never knew what would happen with each release. The base expectation was that you would need to downgrade back to the GA code, or even to the previous beta.

In comparison iOS 10 Beta 1 is amazing, it is without question the most reliable beta I've seen. Guess we all know why, the changes are focused mainly at within the various applications rather than the core OS itself.

From previous experience, it is possible that beta 2 (and the following) might yield very different results. But will that stop most of us crazy folks who love to explore the new, nope (might slow us down a bit).

One day I'll grow up, but not too soon.

frikova

Mar 8, 2011
Visit site

Visual Voicemail works for me... Didn't they say something about transcriptions? I haven't seen anything about that.

Last edited:

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

Has anyone noticed visual voicemail not working?

Yes this is stated as not working within the release notes, I have a feeling this will be my fav new feature when it drops. I hope that it doesn't allow carriers to charge more for it! The security nut in me wonders about transcription of buffer overflow attack code ;)

floydstyle

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site

is it possible to be able to install the dev beta 1 without being a dev? I've received a code and been able to install.. dont understand

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site

is it possible to be able to install the dev beta 1 without being a dev? I've received a code and been able to install.. dont understand

I don't think so...and even if it could be done...it would probably void your warranty. i would advise to wait on the public beta.

L0cke

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site

Is there any way to find out when or what apps have been updated to iOS 10 on the app store?

Bionicspyder

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site

Anyone else having issues with the new iMessage packs that Apple released today? After installing all three they are unusable in iMessage. Both on my iPhone6 and iPad4.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

Anyone else having issues with the new iMessage packs that Apple released today? After installing all three they are unusable in iMessage. Both on my iPhone6 and iPad4.

Things like this should be expected since it's the first time sticker packs have been brought to iMessage. That being said, have you tried reinstalling them?

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro