iOS 10 Dev GM is Live

mbar9607

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site
re: iOS 10 Dev Beta 2 is Live

just tried to deposit a check with my cacu app and i can do everything except click on deposit

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

Like how only iPhone 6S and 6S plus can use Hey Siri without being on charge while older models need to be on charge to use the same feature. They said it was something with the motion processor not being able to handle it or something.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

I have to say a thing as a non developer:

This Beta 1 works way better and more reliable than any first beta I ever tested. Of course some apps don't work or crash but this is a FIRST beta. I never expected it to run this good. Quite fast, many things work very good and almost no bugs. At the moment only one app I use crashes frequently. Battery is way better than other Betas before.

I'm positively surprised. And shocked that people can't read instructions before flashing a Beta. Stupid sorry!

I gotta admit I wouldn't have flashed the Beta if I wouldn't own a second iPhone! But I haven't regret it yet!

Major OS beta updates usually come every 2 weeks. Sometimes 3. This isn't like a x.x.1 beta that you may say a new one every week.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

Like how only iPhone 6S and 6S plus can use Hey Siri without being on charge while older models need to be on charge to use the same feature. They said it was something with the motion processor not being able to handle it or something.
Right. The system needs to be listening all of the time for it to work, and the processor in the S models is better able to handle that requirement than the others. I'm curious to see what the raise-to-wake does with older models, and whether it's part of that same processor design that allows it to work.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Here's a new one, I was explaining the home screen crash bug I found and I went to the App Store to download an app and show it, auto updates started, when I hit the home button the screen went black except for the App Store icon and Springboard crashed again. I sent in a report to Apple for it, however when I side loaded my Amazon app again it works now. Still doesn't show properly in the App Store but it works.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

Right. The system needs to be listening all of the time for it to work, and the processor in the S models is better able to handle that requirement than the others. I'm curious to see what the raise-to-wake does with older models, and whether it's part of that same processor design that allows it to work.

Raise to wake also requires the new processor. However the older devices can be raised to play sound iMessages. Not sure why you would need a newer processor to do basically the same function. However, this will all become irrelevant to me when the iPhone 7 drops. Me complaining about it won't do any good.

mbar9607

Oct 22, 2011
Visit site

Raise to wake also requires the new processor. However the older devices can be raised to play sound iMessages. Not sure why you would need a newer processor to do basically the same function. However, this will all become irrelevant to me when the iPhone 7 drops. Me complaining about it won't do any good.

i decided to turn on my raise to wake and siri last night to give it a try and see how i like it and how it effects battery life

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

In the keynote, apple stated they came up with raise to wake because it was too hard to view lock screen because Touch ID was too fast to unlock 6s/6s plus. There is no reason older processor can't handle it. Maybe they just want to keep it exclusive to most recent hardware.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
forwardsmychoice