iOS 10 Dev GM is Live

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
re: iOS 10 Dev Beta 2 is Live

Can the split keyboard on the iPad Pro (12.9) be used it standard display mode now in iOS 10?
The lack of this feature has turned me away from Apple's default keyboard and I'm using Gboard as a results.

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site

Also has this annoying mail bug been addressed in iOS10? This has haunted iOS since version 8 and has still not been fixed...

image.png

Rockdog97

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site

The sent message swoosh is always on, Apple doesn't give you a way to turn it off. After re reading my post there I could have worded it better. The click when you turn your screen off is what's always sounding even though the option is turned off. Does it on my iPad as well.

Got it. Wish the swoosh sound could be turned off!

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Well, I didn't even think of sending a crash log for the springboard crash, Apple asked for it, I even recreated it for an up to date crash log.

zaapx

Oct 13, 2010
Visit site

I hope we get a clear cache option, I used the Cleopatra trick but i think you cannot do that anymore

anon(62000)

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

Words with Friends and Facebook crash all the time. Actually, I appreciate the push to delete the Facebook app altogether and just use the browser.

*Bonus* Opening the camera app doesn't pause my music anymore!!!! Huzzah!

KpKomedy51

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site

While many have been reporting issues, iOS 10 has been relatively stable on my iPhone 5s, more so than iOS 9 Public Beta 1.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

In reference to my screenshot below, does my lock screen look correct...?

-should notifications be cut off at the bottom of the screen? I can scroll, it just looks odd that they cut off right to the edge of the screen.

-is it normal that only the left half of the screen real estate is being used, even in landscape mode?

I will report to Apple with screenshot if people agree that something is off.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1466040751.327663.jpg

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

I just tested sending Message using Siri, no problem at all. What is the error you are seeing?

App Store is working well for me, beyond a slight problem with a Beta app (Airmail) that I have installed wanting to be over-written by the App Store GA version (no big deal, and magically it doesn't auto update so no impact at all).

My tip for running a beta, re-boot your phone once a day if you use third party apps or extensive functionality.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

-should notifications be cut off at the bottom of the screen? I can scroll, it just looks odd that they cut off right to the edge of the screen.
I'm honestly not sure, don't use notifications very much, most are turned off

-is it normal that only the left half of the screen real estate is being used, even in landscape mode?
I'm seeing the same behaviour, not sure if it is by design or in error.

- I will report to Apple with screenshot if people agree that something is off.
Always good to report, so far I've filled out two bug reports, one for "Siri remind me about this email" not using the email subject line instead the inbox name & the fact you have to press the home key after you unlock

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
iOS 10 Dev Beta 1 is Live

I only had one spring board crashing after the factory reset. I saw a MetService app warning about it not optimised for 64 bit. I did not capture it.

Damn another crash. Its Facebook app

Last edited:

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

I can't type iMessages in landscape mode. One of the new gif features covers the entire screen. There is a keyboard button on the bottom right but tapping it won't work.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

I'm honestly not sure, don't use notifications very much, most are turned off

I'm seeing the same behaviour, not sure if it is by design or in error.

- I will report to Apple with screenshot if people agree that something is off.
Always good to report, so far I've filled out two bug reports, one for "Siri remind me about this email" not using the email subject line instead the inbox name & the fact you have to press the home key after you unlock

I think that's a new feature because they had to add the new sidebars on the lock screen. You have to press the home button to access the passcode entry. However Touch ID senses my finger on the lockscreen and instead of saying press to unlock it says press to open. Meaning that it unlocked using my fingerprint but I have to press home to actually unlock it.

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

iOS Gravity, thanks for the reply, it does seem to add an extra step in some instances, we have to press the home button where before we didn't. No issue on the phone, as 100% of the time I use the home button to turn on and auth all at once, it becomes noticeable on the iPad where you might use a SmartCover to turn the device on. Not a big deal, just something that is part of muscle memory and will take a bit to re-train (took me ages just to remember to start using touchID in the first place).

Previously the unlock flow was:
Open SmartCover, fingerprint read touchID = unlocked
Press power button, fingerprint read touchID = unlocked
Press and hold home button & allow fingerprint = unlocked

Now we have
Open SmartCover, press home button and allow fingerprint = unlocked (we didn't need to actually press home button before)
Press power button, press home button and allow fingerprint = unlocked (we didn't need to actually press home button before)
Press and hold home button & allow fingerprint = unlocked (no change)