iOS 10 Dev GM is Live

nck20

Sep 29, 2014
Visit site
re: iOS 10 Dev Beta 2 is Live

So far so good. Running smoothly except for a small bug when unlocking the device. When I Unlock through Touch ID I shortly see the widget-screen first before my home screen.

EDIT:
They also made it harder to do a hard reset. When you hold the Power & Home butten you first get a screenshot, then it goes to the power off slider and after waiting for a few seconds it reboots after showing some strange colors before it goes black.

ladyc0524

Trusted Member
Dec 8, 2010
Visit site

So far so good. Running smoothly except for a small bug when unlocking the device. When I Unlock through Touch ID I shortly see the widget-screen first before my home screen.

EDIT:
They also made it harder to do a hard reset. When you hold the Power & Home butten you first get a screenshot, then it goes to the power off slider and after waiting for a few seconds it reboots after showing some strange colors before it goes black.

Yes I noticed this too. Very annoying

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Well, 'springboard' crashes on me all the time, like a soft reboot by itself that's 3 times today when I unlocked the phone. Reset to factory settings for now, hopefully it will stop...

Thankfully, I haven't had any springboard crashes at all. Did the reset fix your crashing issue?

CawlidgeHawkey

May 30, 2016
Visit site

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1465910832.172026.jpg

I've noticed that in certain widgets that text is cut off. I assume that'll be fixed as devs update the apps, though.

Other than that, I've had a few freezes (solved with locking and unlocking the phone) and one springboard crash. Safari also crashed once for me when scrolling a photo-heavy article.

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site

Mixed reviews from me for now.

iOS 10 has some perks, but all in all is it stuff I would always use.... Time will tell if I will keep it.

Frost Forged

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site

Not from what I can tell.

UGH. This is the only thing I really wanted for iOS 10. The dance I have to do when multitasking is BRUTAL.

Thanks for letting me know. Outside of that, how is it? Do you have an iPad Pro? Is there any new pencil functionality?

meyer

Nov 3, 2015
Visit site

Still no dark keyboard? Literally the only thing I was looking forward too.

syx6sic

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site

The only problem I have noticed so far isn't that big of one but animations between app opening and app closing is a little laggy other then that seems pretty smooth but just got it loaded on my 6s plus an hour ago

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

This is Beta 1, if you install it, do so at your own risk. I don't have anything important on my phone and don't mind if I have to reset, so I went ahead and installed it.

Bugs:

No sent message audio (the swoosh when it's sent)
No lock screen audio (the click when you press power)
Removing stock apps still leaves a setting or two behind
Stock apps still don't have an option to be changed to non-default, so it keeps asking me for Calendar and such (I use Fantastical)
Has crashed once randomly in the past 16 hours
Facebook has crashed 2-3 times in that same timespan
Expected battery drain for a Beta (about 8-10% in an hour or so)
Has it's moments where it stutters, again, expected
Touch ID requires a press of the home button as well (not sure if bug, or new)
Mail app has failed 2 times at sending an email but then sends them anyway

Other than that, running OK for a Beta 1. Still getting used to the lift to turn on setting. I'm so used to having to press the power button that I inadvertently turn it off. Lol

anon(331923)

Aug 22, 2015
Visit site

Pretty stable beta. Love the changes. Lots of 3D Touch interaction. If you were not using it, you will want to now. Lock screen and iMessages received much needed overhauls. Apple Music, Pics and News are revamped. Better and more intuitive interfaces.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

This is Beta 1, if you install it, do so at your own risk. I don't have anything important on my phone and don't mind if I have to reset, so I went ahead and installed it.

Bugs:

No sent message audio (the swoosh when it's sent)
No lock screen audio (the click when you press power)
Removing stock apps still leaves a setting or two behind
Touch ID requires a press of the home button as well (not sure if bug, or new)

I am hearing the swoosh on messages sent, even though I have lock sounds turned off that annoying sound is still playing. The TouchID is a new thing, I'm sure it's all because of the new lock screen functions.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site

Loaded on my iPhone 6s Plus and iPad Mini 4, and it's buggy as expected. Surprisingly less issues on the iPad than the iPhone. UI is quite laggy overall on my iPhone. Gets better in moments, then gets worse again. Battery life was a pleasant surprise. It actually seems alright. I've had the OS since noon yesterday roughly.

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site

Still no dark keyboard? Literally the only thing I was looking forward too.
Were not going to get dark anything until the switch to AMOLED displays. You will have to wait until WWDC 2017 for that one since Apple will be changing display tech on the iPhone 8 (what would normally be the 7s).

Azar Jindal

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site

I guess the VoIP call notification will change the App Devs integrate the Phone APIs that Apple has made public yesterday only.

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

I guess the VoIP call notification will change the App Devs integrate the Phone APIs that Apple has made public yesterday only.

I was thinking it was already integrated with those mentioned apps. Apparently we'll have to wait till those apps are officially updated for iOS 10.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

I put the beta on my iPod and it runs ok. The changes are great expect for the music app, I feel like it's a step backwards but that's just my opinion.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waeriyadh