The only problem I have noticed so far isn't that big of one but animations between app opening and app closing is a little laggy other then that seems pretty smooth but just got it loaded on my 6s plus an hour ago
    Scor Pio likes this.
    06-14-2016 09:33 AM
    This is Beta 1, if you install it, do so at your own risk. I don't have anything important on my phone and don't mind if I have to reset, so I went ahead and installed it.

Bugs:

No sent message audio (the swoosh when it's sent)
    No lock screen audio (the click when you press power)
    Removing stock apps still leaves a setting or two behind
    Stock apps still don't have an option to be changed to non-default, so it keeps asking me for Calendar and such (I use Fantastical)
    Has crashed once randomly in the past 16 hours
    Facebook has crashed 2-3 times in that same timespan
    Expected battery drain for a Beta (about 8-10% in an hour or so)
    Has it's moments where it stutters, again, expected
    Touch ID requires a press of the home button as well (not sure if bug, or new)
    Mail app has failed 2 times at sending an email but then sends them anyway

Other than that, running OK for a Beta 1. Still getting used to the lift to turn on setting. I'm so used to having to press the power button that I inadvertently turn it off. Lol
    dejanh and SaMaster14 like this.
    06-14-2016 09:44 AM
    Pretty stable beta. Love the changes. Lots of 3D Touch interaction. If you were not using it, you will want to now. Lock screen and iMessages received much needed overhauls. Apple Music, Pics and News are revamped. Better and more intuitive interfaces.
    06-14-2016 09:48 AM
    This is Beta 1, if you install it, do so at your own risk. I don't have anything important on my phone and don't mind if I have to reset, so I went ahead and installed it.

Bugs:

No sent message audio (the swoosh when it's sent)
    No lock screen audio (the click when you press power)
    Removing stock apps still leaves a setting or two behind
    Touch ID requires a press of the home button as well (not sure if bug, or new)
    I am hearing the swoosh on messages sent, even though I have lock sounds turned off that annoying sound is still playing. The TouchID is a new thing, I'm sure it's all because of the new lock screen functions.
    06-14-2016 10:08 AM
    Loaded on my iPhone 6s Plus and iPad Mini 4, and it's buggy as expected. Surprisingly less issues on the iPad than the iPhone. UI is quite laggy overall on my iPhone. Gets better in moments, then gets worse again. Battery life was a pleasant surprise. It actually seems alright. I've had the OS since noon yesterday roughly.
    06-14-2016 10:14 AM
    Still no dark keyboard? Literally the only thing I was looking forward too.
    Were not going to get dark anything until the switch to AMOLED displays. You will have to wait until WWDC 2017 for that one since Apple will be changing display tech on the iPhone 8 (what would normally be the 7s).
    06-14-2016 10:20 AM
    I guess the VoIP call notification will change the App Devs integrate the Phone APIs that Apple has made public yesterday only.
    06-14-2016 10:29 AM
    I guess the VoIP call notification will change the App Devs integrate the Phone APIs that Apple has made public yesterday only.
    I was thinking it was already integrated with those mentioned apps. Apparently we'll have to wait till those apps are officially updated for iOS 10.
    06-14-2016 10:32 AM
    I put the beta on my iPod and it runs ok. The changes are great expect for the music app, I feel like it's a step backwards but that's just my opinion.
    ladyc0524 likes this.
    06-14-2016 10:35 AM
    Thankfully, I haven't had any springboard crashes at all. Did the reset fix your crashing issue?
    Touch wood it seems to!
    Just_Me_D likes this.
    06-14-2016 10:41 AM
    Were not going to get dark anything until the switch to AMOLED displays.
    I'm away from my iPad right now to double-check, but I believe the Clock app interface is Dark in iOS 10.
    06-14-2016 10:55 AM
    Anyone figure out how to get the "Lift to Wake" feature working? I can't find Settings option for it, nor does it work by default on my iPad Mini 2.
    06-14-2016 10:57 AM
    Anyone figure out how to get the "Lift to Wake" feature working? I can't find Settings option for it, nor does it work by default on my iPad Mini 2.
    Working fine for me on my iPhone 6s Plus. No settings that I saw, and I dug through the settings app substantially. I think it's just supposed to work...
    06-14-2016 11:20 AM
    I'm away from my iPad right now to double-check, but I believe the Clock app interface is Dark in iOS 10.
    It's the same on the iPhone. This is a nice change actually. There is also a new option called bedtime, which appears to be there in preparation for sleep tracking. It can be used without a "tracker" but I have a feeling this is coming with Watch 2. I hope that it is a feature that can be backported to Watch 1 if this turns out to be the case. I want native sleep tracking on my Watch.

Anyway, good change to the clock app

For me the setting is in Settings > Display & Brightness > Raise to Wake (iPhone 6s Plus). It does not work very well right now. It's jittery and unpredictable.
    Last edited by dejanh; 06-14-2016 at 01:57 PM.
    06-14-2016 11:22 AM
    Another nuisance is to have app store telling me there is an update where I have updated a beta in testflight grrr.
    ladyc0524 and Just_Me_D like this.
    06-14-2016 11:37 AM
    The constant pop ups telling me I've followed a link that requires Calendar.app (which I've deleted) is also quite annoying. Most other glitches seem minimal so far.
    06-14-2016 11:54 AM
    Anyone care to share profile file
    https://m.sendspace.com/file/wr8sv0
    06-14-2016 12:10 PM
    Does anyone allow access to their profile so that I could download the developer version?

I am looking to install it on my 6+
    06-14-2016 12:36 PM
    Another nuisance is to have app store telling me there is an update where I have updated a beta in testflight grrr.
    I have this same problem!!
    zocster likes this.
    06-14-2016 12:47 PM
    Beta has been pretty stable here. Looks like handwriting is Apple Pencil devices only?

Only issue I noticed was the Music Widget does nothing on my iPad (which was on by default).
    06-14-2016 01:21 PM
    It's in the display settings if I remember correctly
    06-14-2016 01:24 PM
    New messages stuff is very cool. Some notes though:
    -tap and hold (send a heart?) does not work on my iPad Air. - I am assuming this is due to lack of 3D Touch.
    -Also, sketching is cool... But there as soon as you lift up your finger, the message sends. There is no ability to delete the sketch or add to it. If you mess up, it sends.
    -do sketches disappear? I sent a couple to a friend just to test. They sent and delivered, but when I exited the message app and reopened, the sketches were gone on my screen. I am not sure if they disappeared from my friends device (or if it's like snapchat where a sketch will disappear after viewing.) (OR - can you only send sketches to others with iOS 10?)
    06-14-2016 01:30 PM
    My one bugbear is I hate the colours and lettering size in Apple Music, it just looks horrid and not quite right iOS 10 Dev GM is Live-img_0001.png
    06-14-2016 01:53 PM
    The biggest shortcoming right now is having the ability to remove default apps but then not having the ability to reassign the function to 3rd party apps. This is a killer and it will cause tons of problems for users if not resolved. People will accidentally or intentionally delete their Maps app with the intention of using Google Maps and will then realize that nothing integrates with it. This has to be fixed before launch or this one subtle change could turn out to be Apple's biggest mistake in software in a long time.

I'm actually surprised this functionality isn't in the beta already and the approach Apple has taken reminds me a lot of what I've seen on BlackBerry 10 with the Android runtime. BlackBerry used to put a warning that using a 3rd party app may not provide all of the functionality of the default app, and then just left it at that. That's not acceptable to users that look for simplicity and convenience.
    06-14-2016 01:58 PM
    Also, I am not sure if this is how it should be, but as the screenshot below shows, when setting up widgets there is a left and right column. When in portrait mode, I get a single column with all widgets in a single file row. When I turn the iPad to landscape mode, I DO get the two columns - left and right.

Again, this could be because I am on a first gen iPad Air. Although, even in portrait mode, there is definitely enough room for two columns. If the widgets spread to fill the whole screen I would understand, but they don't - there is one thin column down the middle which looks incomplete.

iOS 10 Dev GM is Live-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1465930664.420061.jpg
    iOS 10 Dev GM is Live-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1465930683.720846.jpg
    iOS 10 Dev GM is Live-imageuploadedbyimore-forums1465930759.776256.jpg

Also the ability to 'mark-up' directly in the photos app is REALLY NICE!
    06-14-2016 02:01 PM
1,408 12345 ...