Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 26 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829 ... LastLast
Like Tree600Likes

Default Re: iOS 10 Dev Beta 2 is Live

Quote Originally Posted by OZsMac View Post
    would go as far as to say that Bluetooth isn't stable in this release, I've had problems getting devices that are paired to connect also, along with random pausing issues during playback.
    My Fitbit connects just fine. No Bluetooth connectivity issue so far.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    2,221 Global Posts

Default iOS 10 Dev Beta 2 is Live

A glitch has been fixed - putting a folder inside another folder won't work anymore.

And there we go , another beta is out!
    Last edited by jdesignz; 07-08-2016 at 03:36 AM.
    iMore Nanite

Music app has a bug when you try to put in landscape while playing.
    Anyone else have this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by lightning8888 View Post
    possibly a bug to report. I would turn auto update OFF on the updates to see if that helps. That way you can pick and choose what updates and when you want them to install
    Good call. Definitely something to report!
    iMore Intermediate

I found that my iPhone was ignoring the "Ask to Join Networks" setting in Wi-Fi and continually popping up a list of available networks. Whilst possibly handy at times, not what I'd asked it to do

A quick visit to /Settings/General/Reset/Rest Network Settings appears to have cleared this up.

B2 is following previous examples (iOS 6, 7, 8 & 9) as providing a few challenges to anyone who installs, but hey it's a beta. I recommend caution to anyone else looking at starting the beta process or upgrading from beta 1, beta 2 has quite a few issues, for me mainly around audio & video. Performance is fine & general stability is ok, you just need to be aware that some core system functionality might be wonky.
    iMore Newbie

I have the Dev iOS Beta 2 , I ended up not rolling back. I did download the new public profile.

Question is will the public profile kick in. It states up to date on update checking.

Quote Originally Posted by lmarranzino View Post
    I have the Dev iOS Beta 2 , I ended up not rolling back. I did download the new public profile.

Question is will the public profile kick in. It states up to date on update checking.
    Because they're the same build. Wait for public beta 2 to be sure if it kicks in.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    361 Global Posts

Battery stats are wonked for sure.

Also my widgets have stopped working, again. Ugh.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    14,634 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lmarranzino View Post

You don't want to be on the public profile. As you saw this week, public gets the betas after the devs.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    257 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper27 View Post
    Battery stats are wonked for sure.

Also my widgets have stopped working, again. Ugh.
    it has stuck with me a time or two and a restart will fix it on mine. I read somewhere Apps hang or crash due to some system font issue I wonder if widgets are hanging because of that problem too.
    Trooper27 likes this.
    iMore Nanite

Someone here may hopefully have the answer to this.. I want 9.3.3 public beta 5 but the beta profile from Apple only seems to give me iOS 10 public beta 1.

Have I missed the boat for 9.3.3 public beta 5 and only iOS 10 betas only available now?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Chaser View Post
    Someone here may hopefully have the answer to this.. I want 9.3.3 public beta 5 but the beta profile from Apple only seems to give me iOS 10 public beta 1.

Have I missed the boat for 9.3.3 public beta 5 and only iOS 10 betas only available now?

Thanks.
    Did you delete the profile you had and install a new one? I had to delete the previous one to get 10. Otherwise it showed 9.3.3 PB5.
    Just_Me_D likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by RorySmith View Post
    Music app has a bug when you try to put in landscape while playing.
    Anyone else have this issue.
    Yep, same here.
    iMore Nanite

Quote Originally Posted by robertk328 View Post
    Did you delete the profile you had and install a new one? I had to delete the previous one to get 10. Otherwise it showed 9.3.3 PB5.
    I did delete the original one unfortunately - I guess this means the current profile only serves iOS 10?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    257 Global Posts

Widgets not working? I did an experiment after reading some notes somewhere about a system font issue causing app crashing. So just out of curiosity I changed my font to "BOLD" not sure if it is even related but since I have made that change my widgets load everytime now.

Quote Originally Posted by Paper Chaser View Post
    I did delete the original one unfortunately - I guess this means the current profile only serves iOS 10?
    It would seem that way. Best just keep the PB4 I guess, until 9.3.3 is officially released. Or jump on iOS 10 (either now, if you're willing for a bit of a bumpy ride, or once the 2nd public beta is out)

In beta 2, when adding contacts without a phone number but only mail or other information, it doesn't get synced to iCloud.
    Workaround is to add a fictional phone number, make sure it's synced to iCloud and then delete the number from contact.

Quote Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post
    In beta 2, when adding contacts without a phone number but only mail or other information, it doesn't get synced to iCloud.
    Workaround is to add a fictional phone number, make sure it's synced to iCloud and then delete the number from contact.
    After reading your post, I created a fictitious contact named "Test" with "test@testing.com" as the email address while using my iPhone. Afterwards, I turned on my iPad Pro, and seconds after it connected to the internet, I initiated the Contacts app on it and quickly found the fictitious contact "Test". Thankfully, it synced for me....
    Tartarus and AndyLH8891 like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    257 Global Posts

I tell you this Beta 2 has some issues with battery consumption. I have killed all running apps, background and everything and my battery still drains fast. Wonder what is running under the hood to cause this battery drain. hmmmm

I tell you this Beta 2 has some issues with battery consumption. I have killed all running apps, background and everything and my battery still drains fast. Wonder what is running under the hood to cause this battery drain. hmmmm
    No problems here with battery life
    yudisyahputra likes this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    2,221 Global Posts

Battery is doing well on my side. Just the glitch wherein you could put a folder inside another folder won't work anymore !

I clean installed mine and I can tell it's fairly aggressive with drain. Though I wonder if part of it is I didn't go back and do my settings the way I normally do. I noticed my Apple Smart Battery case was not interacting with my 6s like it had been. The phone showed drain, which it never does, and the case seemed to go quicker, possibly because of trying to feed more power to the phone than it had on 9.3.3 PB4. Charged both overnight (case was at 0%, phone about 80%) and the case only got to 50% in 8 hours while my phone was at 100%. Hard to know what's at fault there, so charging the case without my phone.

I'll give it a try later on once my phone dies (I'd like to calibrate the battery meter since the clean install) and see how it goes.

Still not ready for my daily driver, but not at Apple's fault. There are a few key apps for me that are not iOS10 ready.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    257 Global Posts

As I was reporting a bug I found something I have no clue what it is. Do any of you know what iLife is?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1468259316.287914.jpg 
Views:	164 
Size:	91.1 KB 
ID:	109125

iLife was a software suite for OS X and iOS developed by Apple Inc. It consisted of various programs for media creation, organisation, editing and publishing. Throughout its existence it was composed of: iTunes, iMovie, iPhoto, iDVD, iWeb and GarageBand.
    Tartarus likes this.
Page 26 of 57 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829 ... LastLast