Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728 ... LastLast
Like Tree600Likes

Default Re: iOS 10 Dev Beta 2 is Live

Quote Originally Posted by jdesignz View Post
    Is there Public Beta version already?
    No, there is not.
    jdesignz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lightning8888 View Post
    I have been having volume issues also. volumes all over the place up and down. Also noticed while playing music when i adjust volume with side button it no longer shows volume indicator on the screen
    That's not a bug, it's a feature , I hope.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by SaMaster14 View Post
    After installing Beta 2, I now have the feedback assistant app. BUT, when I sign in, I get the attached message. When I hit ok, I am sent back to the log in screen. I have my device and Apple ID registered as a developer.
    Attachment 108789
    I believe what the app is saying, as I read it, since I am in the same boat, is that this feedback app is now intended for the public betas.. the developers need to use the developer feedback system which is on the developer site to provide feedback. If you do register for this particular app, you will notice that the focus is on the publicly available betas only, and have no reference to iOS 10.
    SaMaster14 likes this.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by koltonh2002 View Post
    just came here to say the same exact thing lmao
    This app is now being used for public betas only I believe. I went through the sign up process and found that it only mentions versions that are publicly available.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    1,579 Global Posts

So with the public beta being released today, I wonder if it's identical to the beta 2 developer version from Tues? or if they've fixed any of the issues in it?
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Volcom45 View Post
    So with the public beta being released today, I wonder if it's identical to the beta 2 developer version from Tues? or if they've fixed any of the issues in it?
    I'd like to know this too. Is one ahead of the other and will the Dev one stop receiving updates at some point?
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,734 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by L0cke View Post
    I'd like to know this too. Is one ahead of the other and will the Dev one stop receiving updates at some point?
    Public betas and dev betas run concurrently, dev betas and public betas are identical builds. If dev or public were to stop receiving updates it would be public.
    Volcom45 likes this.
  8. Thread AuthorThread Author   #608  
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    21,872 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by L0cke View Post
    Build numbers for these releases are both the same... however, historically sometimes build numbers have been different - they're functionally the same.
    Volcom45 likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    257 Global Posts

Default iOS 10 Dev Beta 2 is Live

Quote Originally Posted by Vinu Jacob View Post
    I believe what the app is saying, as I read it, since I am in the same boat, is that this feedback app is now intended for the public betas.. the developers need to use the developer feedback system which is on the developer site to provide feedback. If you do register for this particular app, you will notice that the focus is on the publicly available betas only, and have no reference to iOS 10.
    I was part of Public Betas before a Developer and it works for me but that is correct. However the feedback app is still showing the incorrect iOS anyway so not much benefit there as of yet. It is a lot easier to use than the bugs site as far as getting crash logs etc. I wish they would make a app for the Developer betas.

Correction: Feedback App now shows iOS 10 and gives a option to choose between iOS 9 Beta and iOS 10 Beta.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1467916333.657913.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	83.9 KB 
ID:	108878
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1467916124.828932.jpg 
Views:	110 
Size:	92.5 KB 
ID:	108877
    Last edited by lightning8888; 07-07-2016 at 02:32 PM.
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    1,579 Global Posts

Anyone finding that since beta 2 on both iPhone and watchOS, your watch faces in the watch app are not in line with the ones that you have on the watch? It's like they aren't syncing anymore for me, and it reset the ones on my watch to some defaults.. still shows my old favs though in the app. Have rebooted, hard closed watch app, etc. Just wondering if anyone else has ran into this and has found a solution?
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

On Beta 1 my Facebook worked fine, but since updating to Beta 2 it won't open or if it does, it only lasts a minute or two before crashing. Am I alone in this?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    552 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by lpelullo View Post
    On Beta 1 my Facebook worked fine, but since updating to Beta 2 it won't open or if it does, it only lasts a minute or two before crashing. Am I alone in this?
    My facebook was actually working fine until this morning on beta 2 and I updated on the day beta 2 came out. Haven't been able to get on Facebook for the past couple of hours because of it crashing as soon as it loads.

Update- just checked the App Store to see if maybe Facebook had an update and it did it automatically. There is an update that just finished loading and now Facebook is working fine.

Quote Originally Posted by piranhadonna View Post
    My facebook was actually working fine until this morning on beta 2 and I updated on the day beta 2 came out. Haven't been able to get on Facebook for the past couple of hours because of it crashing as soon as it loads.
    Even after update of FB last night?
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    552 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by zocster View Post
    Even after update of FB last night?
    lol I just updated it and now works fine.
    zocster likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    257 Global Posts

Did you try uninstalling and reinstalling facebook
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by piranhadonna View Post
    lol I just updated it and now works fine.
    I just checked the App Store and yeah, I have an update for Facebook, too. Now the issue is that I'm not on wifi and all of my updates started downloading on their own when I opened the App Store?!?! I checked and I have "use cellular data" switched off! It's all the same settings and pre-Beta and it never would download anything on cellular data unless I initiated it manually. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1467917808.963737.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	108879
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    257 Global Posts

I just checked the App Store and yeah, I have an update for Facebook, too. Now the issue is that I'm not on wifi and all of my updates started downloading on their own when I opened the App Store?!?! I checked and I have "use cellular data" switched off! It's all the same settings and pre-Beta and it never would download anything on cellular data unless I initiated it manually. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1467917808.963737.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	48.2 KB 
ID:	108879
    possibly a bug to report. I would turn auto update OFF on the updates to see if that helps. That way you can pick and choose what updates and when you want them to install
    robertk328 likes this.
    iMore Nanite

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

Long shot: Can anyone test if carrier aggregation is working with Sprint?
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    87 Global Posts

I noticed this yesterday, but did not have time to investigate it until now, but, if you open up your mail app, and then hit the home button, you get a blank screen which displays your wallpaper with no icons. Not 100% consistent, but happens often.

Anyone finding that since beta 2 on both iPhone and watchOS, your watch faces in the watch app are not in line with the ones that you have on the watch? It's like they aren't syncing anymore for me, and it reset the ones on my watch to some defaults.. still shows my old favs though in the app. Have rebooted, hard closed watch app, etc. Just wondering if anyone else has ran into this and has found a solution?
    In the Watch app, the first 2 faces are the Activity Digital and the Activity Analog. With the exception of those two, the rest are in line / in order with what I have on my Watch.
    iMore Newbie

Noticing some issues with Freezing on B2, Also message app when sending attached pictures the screen goes blank.

I think I may go back to 9.3.2 just till public hits. But it has been fun. IOS 10 will be nice.
    iMore Intermediate

I just checked the App Store and yeah, I have an update for Facebook, too. Now the issue is that I'm not on wifi and all of my updates started downloading on their own when I opened the App Store?!?! I checked and I have "use cellular data" switched off! It's all the same settings and pre-Beta and it never would download anything on cellular data unless I initiated it manually.
    Yep you are spot on, I called this out a little while back with Beta 1 after seeing quite a bit of mobile data transfer that I couldn't account for. Recommend you submit a bug report (I have for B1 and B2). Until fixed, best to turn off Updates you are on unlimited mobile data.

I also believe (but can't be sure) that the apps only update when you open the App Store app on your iOS device, It "appears" that when you open it, it triggers downloads of app updates and it doesn't seem to matter if you turn off "Use Mobile Data' in settings.
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by metllicamilitia View Post
    Anyone noticing volume issues with Bluetooth? I have a Bluetooth speaker and I used it today after updating, it acts like the volume limiter is on even though I have it off. Basically, it's really quiet even at max volume. Quieter than speaking voice quiet.
    Yes this is the largest impacting bug that I'm seeing in Beta 2 so far. I would go as far as to say that Bluetooth isn't stable in this release, I've had problems getting devices that are paired to connect also, along with random pausing issues during playback. Guess it's called a beta for a reason, normally audio and video playback is heavily impacted during iOS beta's, guess it was only a matter of time.

PS - Have had a look through the B2 release notes, no mention of this, so get your bug reporting on
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    266 Global Posts

So far, everything seems to be buttery smooth for me. Hope I'm not speaking too soon. Time will tell but so far iOS 10 PB is great.

You can now choose if you want alarms to snooze or not.
    I disabled snooze because I set my alarm at my intervals of 15 myself.
    SaMaster14 likes this.
Page 25 of 57 FirstFirst ... 22232425262728 ... LastLast