iOS 10 Dev GM is Live

Bionicspyder

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site
re: iOS 10 Dev Beta 2 is Live

Things like this should be expected since it's the first time sticker packs have been brought to iMessage. That being said, have you tried reinstalling them?

Several times. No joy. I just uninstalled them for now. I'll sit back and wait to see other users experiences with them. Maybe it's just me.

PhxBlue

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site

I don't know how any of you can stand using Beta 1. I uninstalled it after one day.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

I don't know how any of you can stand using Beta 1. I uninstalled it after one day.

Most of us been using betas for years and understand how it works. If you were expecting a solid software, not sure why you even bothered. Especially with a beta 1.

L0cke

Jun 16, 2016
Visit site

I've personally seen no real issues at all. Apart from some very slight slowness in some animations, and we're talking about slight, it's much the same as 9. Guess it comes down to device type, what crap you've got installed and maybe a bit of luck.

PhxBlue

Apr 4, 2009
Visit site

Yes i understand how it works as well. I was speaking more in context of those who appear to be trying to daily drive. I wasn't clear on that.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Yes i understand how it works as well. I was speaking more in context of those who appear to be trying to daily drive. I wasn't clear on that.

I only have daily drivers, and have betas installed on all of them. iOS 10 on my iPhone and iPad, watchOS 3 on my Apple Watch, and macOS Sierra on my MacBook. Only my Apple TV doesn't have a beta right now cause I need a USB-C cable. There are annoyances, it's just nowhere near bad enough to revert.

floydstyle

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site

I found beta 1 not thAt bad. The only reason why I restored back to 9.2 is because of 1 vital app was crashing on opening. A third party one.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

Please use the quote feature when replying so that readers can know to whom you're replying. Thanks.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Yes that is true but Apple doesn't expect to have every bug solved by beta 2. They have 2.5 months to get as much as possible right.

True, however I believe they want to get most of, if not all, the springboard crashes sorted before the public beta. I think dev beta 2 will be public beta 1.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site
iOS 10 Dev Beta 1 is Live

Might explain why they've waited so long to release it.

Considering iOS 8.0 launched as official with springboard crashing, it's unlikely that's why they held a beta this week. If I recall, that wasn't even resolved until 8.1.

lpelullo

Sep 10, 2014
Visit site

I was going to download the public beta, but was too impatient. I downloaded the Developer one and aside from the expected lags and a few random restarts, it's been mostly fine. Today was the first day since downloading and installing, though, where I had alarms set (I installed over the weekend). The alarms are quite messed up. If you're using the device while the alarm goes off, you have no option to snooze or stop it. You can only swipe it up. Tapping on it does nothing and there seems to be no getting rid of them. I really hope beta 2 comes out today and fixes this... ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1467615450.330518.jpg

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

I was going to download the public beta, but was too impatient. I downloaded the Developer one and aside from the expected lags and a few random restarts, it's been mostly fine. Today was the first day since downloading and installing, though, where I had alarms set (I installed over the weekend). The alarms are quite messed up. If you're using the device while the alarm goes off, you have no option to snooze or stop it. You can only swipe it up. Tapping on it does nothing and there seems to be no getting rid of them. I really hope beta 2 comes out today and fixes this... View attachment 108750

Not today, it's Independence Day. Best we can hope for is tomorrow.

lightning8888

May 30, 2015
Visit site

An observation I made today while browsing the app store on iOS 10 Developer Beta 1. I noticed the News App showing in the list of apps developed by Apple and it looked like I had not purchased it or had it installed when it was already part of my iOS . When I clicked GET it does nothing. ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1467627831.412824.jpg