Welcome to the iMore Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree600Likes

Default re: iOS 10 Dev Beta 2 is Live

Quote Originally Posted by iOS Gravity View Post
    I just press the home button and it slides back up.
    But doesn't dismiss the notification though
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    7,331 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Bekrah View Post
    This version is buggy as heck. It'll be the last time I sign up for a developer beta...
    That's probably a good idea for you. Of course its buggy as heck, hence the term developer beta. Anyone expecting the first developer release to not be buggy shouldn't be installing it on their phone.
    Ledsteplin, pmconaway and Elim like this.
    iMore Newbie

Put ios10 on a beta-tester iPad 4... and yes, very buggy, several functions aren't even installed. would NOT recommend installing on your daily driver.

the one feature that's an improvement is the removal of 'swipe to open' replaced by the HOME button. that's nice.

most of the other new features will only work on later devices so will wait for Public-beta before installing on iPad Pro
    iMore Nanite

Anyone to confirm opening music files in the stock Music app?
    For example from iMessage or from dropbox >open with > stock music app

Nope, it doesn't do anything so far
    Ibroman likes this.

I have since downgraded on my daily driver, and sticking a public beta profile on a freshly installed 9.3.3 beta 2 ... so I will get the public beta iOS 10 when it comes in a couple of weeks or so...

Just way too many apps not optimised for this OS, springboard crashes switching apps etc I will be back.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,577 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tartarus View Post
    I'm an  Music subscriber, so I couldn't care less
    Back to Spotify I guess. I don't really listen to music that much on my phone anyway.
    Tartarus likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts

So is there split keyboard support for the iPad Pro 12.9 in standard display mode in iOS 10?
    iMore Newbie

Global Posts
    81 Global Posts

Be very careful. On my iPhone 6S, the mute feature does not work on calls. The icon lights up like it's muted, but the call does not mute. I have filed a bug report.
    OZsMac and iOS Gravity like this.
    iMore Intermediate

Quote Originally Posted by fftaz336 View Post
    Be very careful. On my iPhone 6S, the mute feature does not work on calls. The icon lights up like it's muted, but the call does not mute. I have filed a bug report.
    Wow that one would be quite important to know and understand, I will test tomorrow and also log a fault. Thanks for reporting, this kind of thing could catch us out and have rather dire consequences. Better to be safe than sorry.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,621 Global Posts

All of a sudden my UP3 can't maintain contact with my phone. After two days of trying to fix I put the up app on wife's non upgraded phone and it works fine. Since it works through Bluetooth I wonder what's different.

Anyone else having Bluetooth issues?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,577 Global Posts

Don't use iOS 10 for alarms it rings once and then shuts off.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,577 Global Posts

So I found my old iPhone 6 with iOS 8.1.3 on it and I have to say that it looked and felt better than iOS 9 and the iOS 10 update. Since iOS 8 there have been so many visual changes probably just for the sake of making changes. Ex. Removing the spotlight search on the left and adding it back in again, the look of the multitasking tray... The tray in iOS 8 actually showed more info without taking up as much space as iOS 9 and 10 and without blocking the entire right side of the app window.

Just a few things I've noticed while looking back

Also... why are the older wallpapers removed every time there is a new update to iOS?
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,577 Global Posts

Default iOS 10 Dev Beta 1 is Live

Quote Originally Posted by OZsMac View Post
    Wow that one would be quite important to know and understand, I will test tomorrow and also log a fault. Thanks for reporting, this kind of thing could catch us out and have rather dire consequences. Better to be safe than sorry.
    Yeah. Its not really reliable in situations that you might need it the most in. That's why I downgraded to iOS 9.3.2 and got the 9.3.3 public beta. My alarm didn't go off this morning on iOS 10 and I missed an important event. Not letting it happen again due to my negligence the first time. iOS 10 is still in its early stages.
    Last edited by iOS Gravity; 06-20-2016 at 12:36 PM.
    iMore Beginner

Global Posts
    2,221 Global Posts

Badly need another beta update. Facebook keep crashing time to time

Ok I have to say, I've been biting my tongue until now.

A "developer" beta is to allow developers to test and ready their apps for the new OS and to let Apple know if they find any bugs.

Complaining because your third party apps don't work or this OS/beta is horrible doesn't hold any weight.

If you need your apps to work stick with release candidate OS versions.

Ok off my soap box

With that a new beta will be here soon and I am ready to install it on my "test" device to see if the bugs are getting worked out.

@bamf-hacker - some like to have the latest out of curiosity and all, but definitely not right to expect it to work
    bamf-hacker likes this.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    197 Global Posts

Default iOS 10 Dev Beta 1 is Live

This is my very first (and last) developer beta and I didn't expect it to be this bugg lol.
    I was in the public beta of iOS 9 and it was stable enough for everyday use. Next time I will just wait
    robertk328 likes this.

This is my very first (and last) developer beta and I didn't expect it to be this bugg lol.
    I was in the public beta of iOS 9 and it was stable enough for everyday use. Next time I will just wait
    Good idea. This is the absolute first version that has been released on any large scale. It's going to be buggy. Stick to PBs and let the devs squash most of the bugs, at least the big ones.
    iMore Intermediate

Global Posts
    1,621 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bamf-hacker View Post
    Ok I have to say, I've been biting my tongue until now.

A "developer" beta is to allow developers to test and ready their apps for the new OS and to let Apple know if they find any bugs.

Complaining because your third party apps don't work or this OS/beta is horrible doesn't hold any weight.

If you need your apps to work stick with release candidate OS versions.

Ok off my soap box

With that a new beta will be here soon and I am ready to install it on my "test" device to see if the bugs are getting worked out.
    Don't confuse reporting what is not working with complaining. Lots of folks are going to load this no matter how beta it is. I think posting results with various apps is helpful, if for no other reason to help others understand that an app they use often will not work.

For a lot of us playing with betas is an interesting hobby. Let us enjoy it.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    14,627 Global Posts

And this is why it won't be available to the public until July, likely beta 3.
    bamf-hacker likes this.

Oh, please do enjoy it... It is fun to see all the new features and be bleeding edge, but when someone says "This beta is garbage... My Facebook app doesn't work! or... Apple dropped the ball on this beta, my battery doesn't even last the morning!" it annoys me. Those are not software developers, honestly most of those are probably coming from people who didn't even pay for a developer license and just got a hold of the provisioning profile.

You are using software that is designed for developers to test applications and to report OS bugs to Apple. Not to complain that your Facebook doesn't work. If you require your apps to work then stick to public releases or at least the public betas. By then Apple has some more time to tinker with things to make them more stable.

Again, please absolutely enjoy playing with the OS releases, I sure as heck do, but don't complain about things if you do. Post PSA that an app is not compatible, sure, but that is different than saying the beta is not ready or that Apple did something to break things.
    tr1ad likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    14,627 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bamf-hacker View Post
    Oh, please do enjoy it... It is fun to see all the new features and be bleeding edge, but when someone says "This beta is garbage... My Facebook app doesn't work! or... Apple dropped the ball on this beta, my battery doesn't even last the morning!" it annoys me. Those are not software developers, honestly most of those are probably coming from people who didn't even pay for a developer license and just got a hold of the provisioning profile.

You are using software that is designed for developers to test applications and to report OS bugs to Apple. Not to complain that your Facebook doesn't work. If you require your apps to work then stick to public releases or at least the public betas. By then Apple has some more time to tinker with things to make them more stable.

Again, please absolutely enjoy playing with the OS releases, I sure as heck do, but don't complain about things if you do. Post PSA that an app is not compatible, sure, but that is different than saying the beta is not ready or that Apple did something to break things.
    Unfortunately that's how it is. These are betas but people expect this to run like what's going to release 3 months from now in September. It's the same year after year.
    bamf-hacker likes this.
    iMore Elite

Global Posts
    2,719 Global Posts

Yep, every year it's the same. Except for me, this year I'm actually telling Apple about bugs I'm finding. Thankfully it's not many. I haven't had issues with alarms either. I know one way to crash springboard and sent them the crash log for it. Mainly some sound bugs, and Amazon not working properly on my iPhone. It finally showed installed on the App Store but wouldn't open. I deleted it and saw the iCloud icon but it won't download.
    iOS Gravity likes this.
    iMore Genius

Global Posts
    4,577 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by metllicamilitia View Post
    Yep, every year it's the same. Except for me, this year I'm actually telling Apple about bugs I'm finding. Thankfully it's not many. I haven't had issues with alarms either. I know one way to crash springboard and sent them the crash log for it. Mainly some sound bugs, and Amazon not working properly on my iPhone. It finally showed installed on the App Store but wouldn't open. I deleted it and saw the iCloud icon but it won't download.
    That was a major reason for me going back to the public beta program. The Bug Reporting app was not visible for me in the Dev beta and it kinda made getting the beta useless, at least to me.
Page 11 of 57 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 ... LastLast