iOS 10 Dev GM is Live

John Yester

Moderator Team Leader
Ambassador
May 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: iOS 10 Dev Beta 8 is Live

iOS 10 GM will be released to Dev's on the day of the event.

iPhone will go on sale on a Friday. iOS 10 will be released to the masses on the Tuesday.

iOS 10.1 is plausible during the event for developers and iOS 10.0.1 for everyone on the day the iPhone 7 is released.

acerace113

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site

Was not expecting an 8th beta... I thought the next one was going to be the GM after the iPhone event.

13Silverado

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site

So I'm new to the Beta world and I have just a quick question.

What will happen to my current apps when I (if) install the iOS Beta 10?

Thanks
Bob

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
iOS 10 Dev Beta 8 is Live

Thanks
Bob

Nothing. Having said that, you may have one or more that may not work, but if you're currently running the latest official iOS release, more than likely your apps will work fine with the latest iOS 10 beta.

Last edited:

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Thanks
Bob

Mine apps work fine. I have one that's not doing right. The dev said he's waiting for the official 10 release to update. One out of over 300 apps isn't bad.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

As smooth as beta 7 was on my devices, I expected GM to be released next. I wonder what changes / fixes Beta 8 brought.
GM always release right after the event.
Also with this just being one build newer than last week's beta, I don't think much was fixed. Rumor was last Fridays beta fixed the security issue. I bet today's bets was actually the fix.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site

GM always release right after the event.
Yeah, I know. I had a brain fart, er um, mental lapse ...(laughing)
Also with this just being one build newer than last week's beta, I don't think much was fixed. Rumor was last Fridays beta fixed the security issue. I bet today's bets was actually the fix.
You're probably right...

OZsMac

Mar 22, 2014
Visit site

Thanks
Bob

Just adding the the other responses, my process when the GA comes out is typically to start from scratch & setup my phone as new. Yes it's a bit of a pain, but you just never know what oddness has gone on inside your phone during the Upgrade from v9 to Beta 10 (and then each beta install). It's probably not required, but also has the added benefit that your phone will feel faster and you get to see any changes in the initial setup process.

Hope you are enjoying iOS 10 :)

Ledsteplin

Ambassador
Oct 2, 2013
Visit site

Just adding the the other responses, my process when the GA comes out is typically to start from scratch & setup my phone as new. Yes it's a bit of a pain, but you just never know what oddness has gone on inside your phone during the Upgrade from v9 to Beta 10 (and then each beta install). It's probably not required, but also has the added benefit that your phone will feel faster and you get to see any changes in the initial setup process.

Hope you are enjoying iOS 10 :)

I'll try it first. It may be just fine. Not going through all the trouble for nothing. If it's corrupted, then I may restore as new.

13Silverado

Aug 26, 2016
Visit site

Thanks for the help. It only installed Beta Version 10 Beta 7, Is this because I am on Verizon or will it update eventually?
Bob

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomwex73