iOS 10 Dev GM is Live

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
re: iOS 10 Dev Beta 2 is Live

I lock my rotate so I never even thought to flip the phone

I'm on iPad, so it's probably different. Didn't know you needed to turn to landscape on iPhone to see the option. I'm waiting for beta 2 or 3 before downloading on my daily driver iPhone haha.

Also, confirmed that you CANNOT send sketches or handwritten notes to people not on ios10 yet. They simply don't get the message.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

In the WWDC Keynote Craig had a lot more iMessage apps and I believe that a plus sign somewhere took him to an actual app store just for iMessage apps.

Probably. I'm sure it will show up in further beta versions, but definitely a good flaw to point out!

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

Any changes to the stock mail app on ios 10?

Not much that I can see.

Not sure if it was there before, but, on iPad, there is an icon on the bottom left that looks like a filter ... And it does just that - when I tap it, my inbox becomes filtered by unread.

Also, the way the contact info is shown is concurrent with messages and the rest of iOS 10 (if you do not have a photo for a contact, the circle with their first and last initial is now bolder and more 'bubble'-like).

Other than new options when an email pops up in notifications / the lock screen, I do not see any other changes to the mail app on my iPad.

Paper Chaser

Jun 14, 2016
Visit site

Hi.. Breaking news notifications for news app.. Is this working yet or is there a setting as I haven't had any. Thanks.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Installed the beta on my iPad Pro 12.9 and my test iPhone 6 plus, and watchOS 3 on my test watch. Pretty good for a beta one, but I am not installing on my primary devices just yet.

It is a beta for the OS so not all the apps are working, but you can't complain since the dev beta is designed to get your apps ready and for Apple to squish the bugs.

The new widgets window is a bit of a pain for me though. I use a blank page one to display my wallpaper, but now I need to swipe a few pages to get the widgets to come up. Lets see how it goes as I get more used to it.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

No worries! It works really well too. Still not sure if people not on iOS 10 can receive the sketches though - even if they have an iPhone.

They can not. Only the regular iMessage gets sent. I tested with my multiple devices and the new message features are only on iOS 10 and watchOS 3. Ill test on macOS tomorrow when I install the beta on my Mac, but I am guessing it will show up there as well.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Been running iOS 10 for a while today and so far the biggest annoyances I see are lag, namely when trying to select options on a notification, and the sound bugs. I'll lose keyboard clicks in Messages. Even though my lock sounds are turned off it's always on. I noticed if I get multiple notifications I can't type a reply from the lock screen as the keyboard won't pop up.

starkcity

Mar 21, 2016
Visit site

I installed it on my 5S last night to see how it handles it. I unplugged it from the charger at 5am, checked a few things out and went to work...... It's 4pm now and I'm at 93% battery with background refresh on..... I'm about to get into now and go through some things but only losing 7% all day is a good thing. Now we'll see how it does after usage.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen