iOS 10 Dev GM is Live

katesbb

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
re: iOS 10 Dev Beta 2 is Live

Anyone figure out how to get the "Lift to Wake" feature working? I can't find Settings option for it, nor does it work by default on my iPad Mini 2.

neurodave

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

Anyone figure out how to get the "Lift to Wake" feature working? I can't find Settings option for it, nor does it work by default on my iPad Mini 2.

Working fine for me on my iPhone 6s Plus. No settings that I saw, and I dug through the settings app substantially. I think it's just supposed to work...

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site

I'm away from my iPad right now to double-check, but I believe the Clock app interface is Dark in iOS 10.
It's the same on the iPhone. This is a nice change actually. There is also a new option called bedtime, which appears to be there in preparation for sleep tracking. It can be used without a "tracker" but I have a feeling this is coming with Watch 2. I hope that it is a feature that can be backported to Watch 1 if this turns out to be the case. I want native sleep tracking on my Watch.

Anyway, good change to the clock app :)

For me the setting is in Settings > Display & Brightness > Raise to Wake (iPhone 6s Plus). It does not work very well right now. It's jittery and unpredictable.

Last edited:

zocster

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site

Another nuisance is to have app store telling me there is an update where I have updated a beta in testflight grrr.

CawlidgeHawkey

May 30, 2016
Visit site
iOS 10 Dev Beta 1 is Live

The constant pop ups telling me I've followed a link that requires Calendar.app (which I've deleted) is also quite annoying. Most other glitches seem minimal so far.

Devilsden

Sep 10, 2015
Visit site

Does anyone allow access to their profile so that I could download the developer version?

I am looking to install it on my 6+

mattdistro

Jun 2, 2014
Visit site

Beta has been pretty stable here. Looks like handwriting is Apple Pencil devices only?

Only issue I noticed was the Music Widget does nothing on my iPad (which was on by default).

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

New messages stuff is very cool. Some notes though:
-tap and hold (send a heart?) does not work on my iPad Air. - I am assuming this is due to lack of 3D Touch.
-Also, sketching is cool... But there as soon as you lift up your finger, the message sends. There is no ability to delete the sketch or add to it. If you mess up, it sends.
-do sketches disappear? I sent a couple to a friend just to test. They sent and delivered, but when I exited the message app and reopened, the sketches were gone on my screen. I am not sure if they disappeared from my friends device (or if it's like snapchat where a sketch will disappear after viewing.) (OR - can you only send sketches to others with iOS 10?)

ScouseYeti

Jun 1, 2016
Visit site

My one bugbear is I hate the colours and lettering size in Apple Music, it just looks horrid and not quite right IMG_0001.PNG

dejanh

Trusted Member
Jan 3, 2015
Visit site

The biggest shortcoming right now is having the ability to remove default apps but then not having the ability to reassign the function to 3rd party apps. This is a killer and it will cause tons of problems for users if not resolved. People will accidentally or intentionally delete their Maps app with the intention of using Google Maps and will then realize that nothing integrates with it. This has to be fixed before launch or this one subtle change could turn out to be Apple's biggest mistake in software in a long time.

I'm actually surprised this functionality isn't in the beta already and the approach Apple has taken reminds me a lot of what I've seen on BlackBerry 10 with the Android runtime. BlackBerry used to put a warning that using a 3rd party app may not provide all of the functionality of the default app, and then just left it at that. That's not acceptable to users that look for simplicity and convenience.

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

Also, I am not sure if this is how it should be, but as the screenshot below shows, when setting up widgets there is a left and right column. When in portrait mode, I get a single column with all widgets in a single file row. When I turn the iPad to landscape mode, I DO get the two columns - left and right.

Again, this could be because I am on a first gen iPad Air. Although, even in portrait mode, there is definitely enough room for two columns. If the widgets spread to fill the whole screen I would understand, but they don't - there is one thin column down the middle which looks incomplete.

ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1465930664.420061.jpg
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1465930683.720846.jpg
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1465930759.776256.jpg

Also the ability to 'mark-up' directly in the photos app is REALLY NICE!

Bionicspyder

Feb 25, 2010
Visit site

New messages stuff is very cool. Some notes though:
-tap and hold (send a heart?) does not work on my iPad Air. - I am assuming this is due to lack of 3D Touch.
-Also, sketching is cool... But there as soon as you lift up your finger, the message sends. There is no ability to delete the sketch or add to it. If you mess up, it sends.
-do sketches disappear? I sent a couple to a friend just to test. They sent and delivered, but when I exited the message app and reopened, the sketches were gone on my screen. I am not sure if they disappeared from my friends device (or if it's like snapchat where a sketch will disappear after viewing.) (OR - can you only send sketches to others with iOS 10?)

And where is the new iMessage app store?

Peligro911

Jun 1, 2011
Visit site

Has anyone figured out how to write a message in your own handwriting .. Not the color with the black box but like on the key note when it said DOPE
Or on apples site that says "thank you "

SaMaster14

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site

Has anyone figured out how to write a message in your own handwriting .. Not the color with the black box but like on the key note when it said DOPE
Or on apples site that says "thank you "

Yes. In messages, the keyboard has this button:
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1465933565.344732.jpg

Which brings up this keyboard:
ImageUploadedByiMore Forums1465933599.398413.jpg

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CØR