iOS 10 Dev GM is Live

jimpilot

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
re: iOS 10 Dev Beta 2 is Live

All of a sudden my UP3 can't maintain contact with my phone. After two days of trying to fix I put the up app on wife's non upgraded phone and it works fine. Since it works through Bluetooth I wonder what's different.

Anyone else having Bluetooth issues?

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

So I found my old iPhone 6 with iOS 8.1.3 on it and I have to say that it looked and felt better than iOS 9 and the iOS 10 update. Since iOS 8 there have been so many visual changes probably just for the sake of making changes. Ex. Removing the spotlight search on the left and adding it back in again, the look of the multitasking tray... The tray in iOS 8 actually showed more info without taking up as much space as iOS 9 and 10 and without blocking the entire right side of the app window.

Just a few things I've noticed while looking back :)

Also... why are the older wallpapers removed every time there is a new update to iOS?

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site
iOS 10 Dev Beta 1 is Live

Wow that one would be quite important to know and understand, I will test tomorrow and also log a fault. Thanks for reporting, this kind of thing could catch us out and have rather dire consequences. Better to be safe than sorry.

Yeah. Its not really reliable in situations that you might need it the most in. That's why I downgraded to iOS 9.3.2 and got the 9.3.3 public beta. My alarm didn't go off this morning on iOS 10 and I missed an important event. Not letting it happen again due to my negligence the first time. iOS 10 is still in its early stages.

Last edited:

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Ok I have to say, I've been biting my tongue until now.

A "developer" beta is to allow developers to test and ready their apps for the new OS and to let Apple know if they find any bugs.

Complaining because your third party apps don't work or this OS/beta is horrible doesn't hold any weight.

If you need your apps to work stick with release candidate OS versions.

Ok off my soap box

With that a new beta will be here soon and I am ready to install it on my "test" device to see if the bugs are getting worked out.

robertk328

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

@bamf-hacker - some like to have the latest out of curiosity and all, but definitely not right to expect it to work

Bekrah

Mar 13, 2012
Visit site
iOS 10 Dev Beta 1 is Live

This is my very first (and last) developer beta and I didn't expect it to be this bugg lol.
I was in the public beta of iOS 9 and it was stable enough for everyday use. Next time I will just wait

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site

This is my very first (and last) developer beta and I didn't expect it to be this bugg lol.
I was in the public beta of iOS 9 and it was stable enough for everyday use. Next time I will just wait

Good idea. This is the absolute first version that has been released on any large scale. It's going to be buggy. Stick to PBs and let the devs squash most of the bugs, at least the big ones.

jimpilot

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site

Ok I have to say, I've been biting my tongue until now.

A "developer" beta is to allow developers to test and ready their apps for the new OS and to let Apple know if they find any bugs.

Complaining because your third party apps don't work or this OS/beta is horrible doesn't hold any weight.

If you need your apps to work stick with release candidate OS versions.

Ok off my soap box

With that a new beta will be here soon and I am ready to install it on my "test" device to see if the bugs are getting worked out.

Don't confuse reporting what is not working with complaining. Lots of folks are going to load this no matter how beta it is. I think posting results with various apps is helpful, if for no other reason to help others understand that an app they use often will not work.

For a lot of us playing with betas is an interesting hobby. Let us enjoy it.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

And this is why it won't be available to the public until July, likely beta 3.

bamf-hacker

Apple Watch and AirPod Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site

Oh, please do enjoy it... It is fun to see all the new features and be bleeding edge, but when someone says "This beta is garbage... My Facebook app doesn't work! or... Apple dropped the ball on this beta, my battery doesn't even last the morning!" it annoys me. Those are not software developers, honestly most of those are probably coming from people who didn't even pay for a developer license and just got a hold of the provisioning profile.

You are using software that is designed for developers to test applications and to report OS bugs to Apple. Not to complain that your Facebook doesn't work. If you require your apps to work then stick to public releases or at least the public betas. By then Apple has some more time to tinker with things to make them more stable.

Again, please absolutely enjoy playing with the OS releases, I sure as heck do, but don't complain about things if you do. Post PSA that an app is not compatible, sure, but that is different than saying the beta is not ready or that Apple did something to break things.

Garz

Retired Moderator
Mar 9, 2009
Visit site

Oh, please do enjoy it... It is fun to see all the new features and be bleeding edge, but when someone says "This beta is garbage... My Facebook app doesn't work! or... Apple dropped the ball on this beta, my battery doesn't even last the morning!" it annoys me. Those are not software developers, honestly most of those are probably coming from people who didn't even pay for a developer license and just got a hold of the provisioning profile.

You are using software that is designed for developers to test applications and to report OS bugs to Apple. Not to complain that your Facebook doesn't work. If you require your apps to work then stick to public releases or at least the public betas. By then Apple has some more time to tinker with things to make them more stable.

Again, please absolutely enjoy playing with the OS releases, I sure as heck do, but don't complain about things if you do. Post PSA that an app is not compatible, sure, but that is different than saying the beta is not ready or that Apple did something to break things.

Unfortunately that's how it is. These are betas but people expect this to run like what's going to release 3 months from now in September. It's the same year after year.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

Yep, every year it's the same. Except for me, this year I'm actually telling Apple about bugs I'm finding. Thankfully it's not many. I haven't had issues with alarms either. I know one way to crash springboard and sent them the crash log for it. Mainly some sound bugs, and Amazon not working properly on my iPhone. It finally showed installed on the App Store but wouldn't open. I deleted it and saw the iCloud icon but it won't download.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

Yep, every year it's the same. Except for me, this year I'm actually telling Apple about bugs I'm finding. Thankfully it's not many. I haven't had issues with alarms either. I know one way to crash springboard and sent them the crash log for it. Mainly some sound bugs, and Amazon not working properly on my iPhone. It finally showed installed on the App Store but wouldn't open. I deleted it and saw the iCloud icon but it won't download.

That was a major reason for me going back to the public beta program. The Bug Reporting app was not visible for me in the Dev beta and it kinda made getting the beta useless, at least to me.

metllicamilitia

Ambassador
Dec 25, 2011
Visit site

That was a major reason for me going back to the public beta program. The Bug Reporting app was not visible for me in the Dev beta and it kinda made getting the beta useless, at least to me.

Apple doesn't put the Feedback app on dev betas, you have to use the bug reporter online. I'd say the only benefit to doing it online to attach crash logs.

iOS Gravity

Sep 24, 2013
Visit site

Apple doesn't put the Feedback app on dev betas, you have to use the bug reporter online. I'd say the only benefit to doing it online to attach crash logs.

It attached the crash logs automatically when the Dev beta for iOS 8 was around. It also had the app, which was more convenient.

zwuncki

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site

I have to say a thing as a non developer:

This Beta 1 works way better and more reliable than any first beta I ever tested. Of course some apps don't work or crash but this is a FIRST beta. I never expected it to run this good. Quite fast, many things work very good and almost no bugs. At the moment only one app I use crashes frequently. Battery is way better than other Betas before.

I'm positively surprised. And shocked that people can't read instructions before flashing a Beta. Stupid sorry!

I gotta admit I wouldn't have flashed the Beta if I wouldn't own a second iPhone! But I haven't regret it yet!

Tartarus

Ambassador
Feb 20, 2014
Visit site

Seems like there is no new beta today.

I expected it to be released today to be honest.

Well, there is no harm in waiting a little more.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FMHPro