Can I turn off warnings about missing fonts in pages?

goodco

Oct 6, 2014
Visit site
When I open up a Microsoft word document in Pages, I get a pop-up indicating "Warning - this Word document may look different." It then goes on to state that a certain font isn't available in OS X? Is there a way to do a systemwide blocking of these specific pop-ups.

anon(9602380)

Aug 14, 2015
Visit site
When I open up a Microsoft word document in Pages, I get a pop-up indicating "Warning - this Word document may look different." It then goes on to state that a certain font isn't available in OS X… Is there a way to do a systemwide blocking of these specific pop-ups.

There is no way to do a system wide block. No version of Pages is a Word clone or installs Office For Mac licensed fonts. Pages requires that the actual fonts be installed. You can avoid problems with MS Office font substitution by installing Office for Mac. You also get the bonus of working in the native document architecture, and avoid document translations, and font substitutions that Pages introduces.

I have MS Office For Mac installed on all my Macs and never run into this issue. If I do run into the issue, I will download the font that is missing and install it. This way Pages has access to the font, thus stopping pop-up. This is probably not what you want to hear, but this issue has been going on for some time and it does not look like Apple is in any hurry to fix it.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thomas Woods