- iMore Nanite
- 1 Posts
Can I turn off warnings about missing fonts in pages?
When I open up a Microsoft word document in Pages, I get a pop-up indicating "Warning - this Word document may look different." It then goes on to state that a certain font isn't available in OS X… Is there a way to do a systemwide blocking of these specific pop-ups.
- 03-23-2016, 08:59 AM #2
- 4,141 Posts
Re: Can I turn off warnings about missing fonts in pages?
There is no way to do a system wide block. No version of Pages is a Word clone or installs Office For Mac licensed fonts. Pages requires that the actual fonts be installed. You can avoid problems with MS Office font substitution by installing Office for Mac. You also get the bonus of working in the native document architecture, and avoid document translations, and font substitutions that Pages introduces.
I have MS Office For Mac installed on all my Macs and never run into this issue. If I do run into the issue, I will download the font that is missing and install it. This way Pages has access to the font, thus stopping pop-up. This is probably not what you want to hear, but this issue has been going on for some time and it does not look like Apple is in any hurry to fix it.
- By iMore Question in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 4Last Post: 03-23-2016, 11:26 AM
- By tanknitrous in forum iPhone SEReplies: 5Last Post: 03-22-2016, 07:27 PM
- By juerg.riehen in forum General Apple News & DiscussionReplies: 3Last Post: 03-22-2016, 11:57 AM
- By iMore Question in forum iPhone Apps & GamesReplies: 0Last Post: 03-22-2016, 08:37 AM
- By iMore.com in forum iMore.com News DiscussionReplies: 0Last Post: 03-22-2016, 08:30 AM