So many apps, so little time

iambradhanks

Mar 31, 2017
Visit site
I recently switched from strictly using Android to the iPhone. I was debugging an app that we are building at work and the only iPhone that I had access to was an iPhone 4S which didn't do much good in replicating the experience of our users, so I bit the bullet and got an iPhone 6S.

Here's the first thing that came to mind:

67378934.jpg

I knew that there were a lot of apps that are exclusively built for the iPhone for various reasons (less fragmentation, more willingness to pay), but I didn't really understand the scope until I started poking around.

I never really had a problem with Apple devices per se but I preferred the open approach of Android devices and the ability to poke around and change things.

Having the nice consistent experience on the other side as an Apple user now, I have to begrudgingly admit that it definitely has its perks.

bakron1

Ambassador
Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and enjoy the site, as for apps, I am the point where if I not using an app for 2-3 months, I delete it. Keeps my device less cluttered and more manageable.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to iMore and to the world of Apple products and services. Almost all of us have come from various platforms before finding solace with the iPhone and iOS so you'll fit right in here at iMore. Anyway, feel free to participate in any thread you find interesting or any thread that you could lend your expertise, and again, welcome to iMore...??????

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Warm Welcome to iMore @iambradhanks! :D

I guess that's the beauty of IOS, we get a lot of exclusive Apps like Mario Run and sometimes we have too much choice.

I have to begrudgingly admit that it definitely has its perks.

The struggle is futile. :p lol Don't get your pit forks out just yet but i definitely prefer Android. Simply for the customisation aspect and i like that when running an App from Android Studio, i can quickly load it on my phone and test it out. The OS may not be as smooth but its nice to have things 'just the way you want it'. Apple hardware though is still #1 in my books. So solid and looks fantastic.

Trending Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2