Hello World

PutschMobi

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
Hi everybody!

I am a french consultant trying to become an Indie Developer. I am living in France and sharing my life between Paris (for work) and Lyon (the place where I live).

I spend a lot of time in public transport (train) and decided to use this time to learn programming. Soon my first app will be available after 2 years of hard work!

Sharing is very important to me, I'd like to help (if I can!) ans share my experience

Antonin
:beer:

PutschMobi

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
Thank you Rob!

I read the rules and guidelines but probably forgot something... I'll recheck them (I saw your private message but can't figure out what I am missing - I don't have itunes link yet, maybe I posted the thread on the wrong sub forum?)

Best Regards

Rob Phillips

iPhone X & Apple TV Champion, Moderator
Champion
May 1, 2012
Visit site
Thank you Rob!

I read the rules and guidelines but probably forgot something... I'll recheck them (I saw your private message but can't figure out what I am missing - I don't have itunes link yet, maybe I posted the thread on the wrong sub forum?)

Best Regards

You may post in the BETA Testing subforum located in the Developer's Lounge (see the link below) but you cannot post in the Apps & Games Corner until your app is listed in the App Store.

https://forums.imore.com/beta-testing/

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Warm Welcome to iMore Antonin!

Always so great to have some devs signing up. The more we have, the more games we can play :D Yey!
2 years of work is a very long time. Hopefully it pays off!

PutschMobi

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
Yep two years...! But I had my idea... 2 years for a first game/app is soooo long... I had my bad days saying myself "just stop it..." :)

Abu Khadija

Oct 19, 2016
Visit site
Was it hard making the app? I'm just getting into programming using swift and it looks like it's going to be a lot of work and pretty HARD. Am I right?

PutschMobi

Jan 25, 2017
Visit site
Hi Abu,

I think it depends on what you're heading for and where you coming from.
I had no programming skill at all and the idea I got was quiet complex:
- real physics (e.g. ballistics)
- multithreading (heavy calculation inside, your App should not freeze or lag!)
- getting the App to work the same way on all devices
- AI
- etc. etc.

I underestimated big pieces of work (e.g. UI design: I had to design my own menus and buttons, how they react to user interactions, etc etc. This is not funny as when you're working on this, you are not "into" your game and it is very time consuming)

I think Swift is easier than other langages so if you're starting, that could be a good move but don't forget that Swift = Apple (you can't do a cross plateform App using Swift)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MadisonOlsen