From Gates to Cook

JustMcKay

Feb 19, 2017
Visit site
Hi!

I'm Justine, a Canadian mom of 3 monsters!

I've always used Windows devices, even as phones (well, since their initial release) except for my job. I had the choice between a Galaxy S5 or an iPhone 6 and opted for the latter, out of curiosity. After 2 and a half years, I'm still so impressed by its performance that I decided to order an iPhone for myself as well as an iPad and MacBook plus a second hand Apple TV 4 as I wasn't so sure about this one.
I was due to replace my tablet and my laptop was on its last miles. I'm relieved Apple has a financing plan haha!! Otherwise, it makes a blackhole in one's bank account!

I should receive the phone by tomorrow, if everything goes as planned. I'm SO eager!!!

So that's pretty much it for my intro and me!

See ya on the forum

Last edited:

Matty

Trusted Member
May 24, 2014
Visit site
Warm Welcome to iMore Justine!

Great to have you here with us. Hope your little 'monsters' allow you some free time to browse the iMore forums. :D

iPhone 6 + iPad + MacBook + Apple TV 4, thats quite a lot of shiny new things. Hope they all work wonderfully for you.

JustMcKay

Feb 19, 2017
Visit site
Thanks everyone!

Yeah my monsters do allow me some free time. Sorta-ish!
I'm convinced my new iDevices will all work wonderfully together (after some adaptation).

I aimed for the 7 Plus. I like the 6 but size wise it's not quite there, yet.

Just_Me_D

Ambassador Team Leader, Senior Moderator
Jan 8, 2012
Visit site
Welcome, and thank you for introducing yourself. If you have any questions or need advice on anything, please don't hesitate to ask...

JustMcKay

Feb 19, 2017
Visit site
Everything is pretty much setup. It's crazy how it seamlessly works as a whole!!
I still have some tweaks to do like settings and such but oh em gee am I happy with my decision!

And that phone leaves me speechless! I'm pretty sure I'm feeling like my monsters when they receive a present haha!
I had doubts, though, on how much of an upgrade it would be over the 6 provided by my job. I couldn't even think how wrong I was!!

Last edited:

DarlaMack

Apple TV Champion, Ambassador
Champion
Dec 8, 2011
Visit site
Welcome to iMore!!!

You have chosen wisely grasshopper! Lol I'm also a mother of 3 monsters... and they are Apple addicts as well.

JustMcKay

Feb 19, 2017
Visit site
I got more storage than needed (better safe than sorry, they say) but I'm convinced I'll find one way or another to fill it all up haha!!

And it'll have a better resell value, given the case I'd like to upgrade in September; which I highly doubt.

aximtreo

May 24, 2011
Visit site
I love your intro transition. I have just made a semi switch myself. I have the HP Elite x3 windows phone which I love and the 6s plus 64gb that I also love. Thank heavens the SIM cards are the same so I can switch and get my habit charged easily.

Welcome aboard.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smitty22d2