Welcome to iMore, NewYorkChic! Which iPhone are you going with?
    Well I purchase my phone yesterday 256 gig Matt black clear case and a screen protector and I have to say that I actually like it..I love the iMessage but I hate the freakn keyboard... know any good keyboards to use
    akutch34 likes this.
    02-11-2017 07:31 AM
    Well I purchase my phone yesterday 256 gig Matt black clear case and a screen protector and I have to say that I actually like it..I love the iMessage but I hate the freakn keyboard... know any good keyboards to use
    My favorite 3rd party keyboard is Google's Gboard. A LOT of people love Swiftkey. I've tried it and it's a good one too. But alas, I went back to the stock iOS keyboard and haven't looked back.
    akutch34 likes this.
    02-11-2017 08:10 AM
    When I first moved to iOS, I had a REALLY hard time with the keyboard. I LOVED Swiftkey on my Android devices. When I switched I immediately downloaded Swiftkey on my iPhone. It was NOT the same. Things were missing. (Granted, that was when Apple first started allowing 3rd party, so it may have improved since then.) I decided to switch back to the default keyboard and try to give it a chance.

After an adjustment period, I absolutely love the default iOS keyboard. It's very intuitive. Once it learns all your made up words and slang, it's almost impossible for me to make typos. Would definitely recommend giving it a chance. Good luck, welcome to iOS!
    NewYorkChic likes this.
    02-11-2017 09:57 AM
    My only advice is to give yourself a break and don't be so hard on yourself when you say "Why didn't I do this years ago" ?.. Once you dive into these waters you will not look back..

Best of luck and please keep us posted on your thoughts
    NewYorkChic and libra89 like this.
    02-11-2017 10:27 AM
    So far maneuvering around the menus it is a little frustrating..I'm used to a back button..also I got a little comfortable with the quick charging on the Android not able to charge and listen to my music while I'm at work is a little annoying.. But I guess I will live
    akutch34 likes this.
    02-12-2017 01:33 AM
    So far maneuvering around the menus it is a little frustrating..I'm used to a back button..also I got a little comfortable with the quick charging on the Android not able to charge and listen to my music while I'm at work is a little annoying.. But I guess I will live
    May I suggest a Bluetooth headset. Preferably the Apple AirPods, this allows me to charge and listen to music at the same time.
    02-12-2017 03:30 AM
    May I suggest a Bluetooth headset. Preferably the Apple AirPods, this allows me to charge and listen to music at the same time.
    I know I was considering buying sum..I was doing some research on them..I need a good pair that will not die fast
    02-12-2017 03:49 AM
32 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD